Ease of coordination/Service:
1. Travel and Tours India was very responsive to all our queries and needs. From the start, Ashu promptly answered emails even at what we thought were unholy hours for them in India. We think that it is important, specially for India "first timers" that the travel organizer builds up your confidence towards the trip. Travel and Tours, by Ashu's actions mtade it "easy" for us to prepare ourselves for the trip.
2. Ashu met us at the airport and set us off on our India trip with a briefing and orientation in the car and at the hotel. He also took that opportunity to hand over to us all the proper documentation we needed for the rest of our stay: the itinerary (which he emailed beforehand as well), our tickets for our two train trips, hotel vouchers, etc.
3. During the trip, Ashu was always accommodating when we had queries and he addressed them as well.
1. We chose to stay within a specific budget for our trip and we chose the hotels that we thought would be clean, safe and strategically located. All our hotels met these standards and were even a bit better than we expected. In fact some may have been the best available in the areas where we went. I want to emphasize that one of our foremost concerns was safety and the choice of hotels put us at ease.
2. We chose to include a private car throughout our trip. The private car was a 4 door Suzuki sedan was clean and ran well. The drivers were courteous and were equipped with the basic knowledge of the places we visited. They were also safe drivers, which is important in India traffic. The drivers were mostly on time, except the first one who was late for one appointment. Ashu made sure we had a better driver the following day.
3. A plus factor which we were very pleased with was that the drivers accompanied us on the train station platforms until we got on the trains, at times for a couple of hours. They did not leave our side and made sure we were in the right spot for the particular train coach we were supposed to board.
1. We were given guides for all the places we visited, Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur and Agra. All the guides provided were very knowledgeable about the sites we visited. They were also very transparent about the fees that were needed for all the places we visited (the fees are not part of the package and we knew this beforehand).
2. Just bear in mind that part of the income of these guides comes from commissions they get from bringing you to various crafts shops. The products from these shops are top quality but quality costs so if you're on a budget, make sure you make it clear to the guide that you are not in the market for a 300 or 500 dollar carpet. And Indian crafts stores are very good at trying to sell you their ware. So, again, make your intention to the guide known.
1. The guides will bring you to predetermined restaurants, which are part of the itinerary, some are ok and some are average. It will be better to read up on where to get the best food for your money and direct the guide or driver to take you to these restaurants. We also had free breakfast included in all our hotels. The breakfast choices were basic but sufficed. Again, you get what you pay for.
2. As a side note, it is always better not to be too adventurous when it comes to food. And all travel blogs will tell you to always stick to bottled water and bring upset stomach medicines with you.
Overall, we would rate Travel and Tours India and the service provided by Ashu 4 stars out of 5. We were taken care of enough so we could enjoy the experience. It was money well spent. We would use them again next time.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.