“Elegance and class”
Review of BnB Mi Casa

BnB Mi Casa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
BnB Mi Casa
Ranked #185 of 1,075 New Delhi B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Elegance and class”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the luxurious Mi Casa in New Delhi, and it was the perfect start to our Golden Triangle Tour. I'm sorry that our stay was only one night, we felt perfectly at home in the spacious 3-bedroom apartment, and were thoroughly spoilt by Manu (cook and caretaker) and his wife, Sunita, and the other wonderful maids. The place had everything, including a separate "internet" room where you could peacefully attend to your emails any time of the day or night, without disturbing anyone. Manu served up delicious meals, and there was no shortage of freshly squeezed juices and tea. The owner, Mr. Mony, came over to meet us and we complimented him on his tastefully decorated and well-appointed apartment, a very good value for money, and conveniently located too.

Room Tip: Mi Casa only has the one huge 3-bedroom apartment, but their sister property, BnB Chrysalis, has qui...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 September 2011

BnB Mi Casa has been my on-and-off home in Delhi for the past few months. My experience started with the staff going out of their way to accommodate me despite my constantly changing travel schedule. The service is a balance of constant attentiveness and customization to personal preferences.

I've felt comfortable and rejuvenated and that's important for me after running around Delhi all day. The service goes to the top, as the owner makes sure to check on you at least once a stay and will be available if you need anything at all beyond that. The principle of treating others well is the foundation of everything here and I really appreciate that.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 May 2011

My husband and I both highly recommend BnB Mi Casa for anyone looking for a friendly, clean, affordable, and convenient place to stay in Delhi. We stayed there together for one week, and then my husband stayed an additional week on his own for business. I've never written a review here before, but we were so happy with our stay that it made me want to take the time to write!

Throughout our stay, we were impressed by the service of everyone at the B&B. Mony, the owner, was warm and welcoming, and he was very helpful in making last-minute train reservations for us so we could take an overnight trip to see the Taj Mahal. Manu and Sunita, the in-house staff, were so kind and attentive. Our room was always spotless, they thoughtfully brought us cold water whenever we returned from a hot day of sightseeing, and the food they cooked for us was some of the best food we ate in Delhi! They all encouraged us to treat the B&B like our home, and it was really a treat to feel so at home in a foreign place. I am really glad we stayed in such a friendly and personal environment instead of a large hotel!

The B&B itself is a tastefully decorated 3-bedroom apartment. The rooms are large, clean, simple, and comfortable. There is wifi available in the rooms, although sometimes the internet flickers on and off. There is also a desktop computer and printer available for guests in a common area. We appreciated the daily breakfast, as well as the self-serve drinks and snacks throughout the day. And I like that the B&B is located on a relatively quiet residential street, yet is a mere 2-minute walk from the Hauz Khas Metro station. As a reference, it takes about 30-40 minutes on the metro to get to get from Hauz Khas to Chandni Chowk, a major sightseeing destination in the center of Old Delhi. So the neighborhood is not right in the center of the action, but it's close enough that you can sightsee without spending forever in transit. This also means it's a quieter neighborhood.

The only noise we noticed was from a police officer or neighborhood security guard who walked along the neighborhood streets at night, blowing his whistle and tapping his stick loudly on the ground, starting around 11pm. I don't know if this is typical in Delhi or not, but it did catch our attention. I found that I got used to it quickly, though, and I did not have trouble sleeping (and I'm generally a bit fussy about falling asleep if there's street noise).

I originally found BnB Mi Casa because the owners also run BnB Chrysallis, which is ranked #3 out of all Delhi B&Bs. They certainly deserve their rankings! If you are looking for deluxe hotel accommodations, you will be happier at fancy places. But if you want some place that's personal, friendly, clean, affordable, and convenient, I'd say you can't go wrong here. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Chaville, France
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I was very happy to be recommended this guest house by a friend. It is managed by a friendly family and you really feel at home. It is conveniently situated near a metro station. It is confortable, clean, and the people who manage the place are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We, as a family from UK, Canada and the USA, felt thoroughly comfortable in BnB Mi Casa. We were looked after well beyond the call of duty and our expectations.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Skn68
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I have stayed in a number of BnB's in various countries and this is undoubtedly one of the best. I had never been to India before and I was travelling alone, so I was a bit nervous. The total experience was unbelievable. They (owners of the BnB) organised everything, from reliable transport to and from the airport, to airtime for my mobile phone. Their service went well beyond what one can expect from your average BnB. The owners and staff were exceptionally friendly, helpful and professional. The food and service was nothing short of world class. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and spotless. The location was also very convenient in that it is within easy walking distance of the Hauz Khas metro station. I have no hesitation in recommending this BnB to anyone wanting to travel to New Delhi. I will definitely be returning with my family.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank dreidross
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2011

After reading reviews of how helpful our host Mony could be, I really did press him for help in organizing a good bit of our trip, which worked out so beautifully. We were able to rent out the 3 bedroom flat of Mi Casa out entirely, so we had the place to ourselves with the welcome aid of our staff, who were so courteous and friendly. Mony, the proprietor, really knows how to make you feel at home. We very much enjoyed his company and conversation. The location was excellent---an easy walk to the metro, which is so easy to take. Also easy to catch cabs from this area. I highly recommend this place, as well as his other property, BnB Chrysalis (see separate review.)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family