“A+ for Jorbagh BnB”
Review of Jorbagh BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jorbagh BnB
Ranked #16 of 1,130 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This gem of an establishment gets top marks for its gracious, attentive owners, hardworking, well-mannered staff, immaculate spacious and tastefully decorated rooms and ideal location. This is as fine a lodging experience as I have had of any kind.

I spent 5 weeks at the Jorbagh BnB in connection with my work. Everything went perfectly from my first contact with the Sharmas via email. Daily life was great. My room was large, spotlessly clean and quiet with a desk, as well as good closet and shelf space. Hot water on demand, and a space heater for the just ending winter season, as well as a small fridge, made me comfortable, as did a shared electric kettle and very pleasant common living room. There’s good WiFi and satellite TV. The daily breakfast was excellent and delivered to the minute with the daily newspaper.

The Sharmas are alert to their guests’ needs, especially those of women traveling alone, although I hasten to add I always felt safe inside the B & B and outside. At my request, Mr. Sharma arranged for me to be picked up at the airport. (Incidentally, other guests and I used the same, excellent driver for a successful day trip to the Taj Mahal, which I had never managed to get to on several previous visits to Delhi.) Directions and expert advice on errands and practicalities of life in Delhi were on offer at all times. I didn’t need anything more serious than an aspirin – also provided -- but I knew that if I had, I was in good hands.

Every one of my Delhi contacts remarked on the Jorbagh BnB’s ideal location and they are right. The place is, as advertised, secure, and in a central, quiet, safe neighborhood, just steps to the Jorbagh stop on Delhi impressive metro and walking distance – or short tuk tuk ride -- to the beautiful Lodi Gardens, essential Khan and trendy Mehar Chand markets, a charming local book store, dependable laundry/dry cleaners and cell phone/SIM card shops, as well as the India Habitat Center and India International Center, post office, etc. Government offices, Connaught Place, museums are also easily reached.

In short, the rave reviews are true. I recommend the Jorbagh BnB highly and look forward to returning.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent B&B, with spotless cleanliness and a very personal welcome and help, even when arriving in the middle of the night from Europe! To be highly recommended. The owner even was helpful enough to drive me to the conference venue in Indian Habitat Centre the first time, and the last with my bags.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

After my third visit to the Jorbagh BnB, I was simply astonished at the ongoing excellence of this hidden jewel in New Delhi's most exclusive neighborhood. The proprietor, Mr. Pravin Sharma, is a most welcoming, intelligent and helpful host who keeps his establishment to the highest standard of comfort and cleanliness. Delhi's new metro system and the beautiful and historic Lodhi Gardens are just minutes away by foot. At Jorbagh BnB, a guest can expect a spacious, quiet and pristine room with all the amenities along with a tasty breakfast served in a charming common area ideal for reading, relaxing or chatting with other guests. Believe me, Mr. Sharma leaves no detail unattended in providing his clientele the optimal traveling experience. This reasonably priced accommodation belongs at the very top of the list when considering your next booking in the capital of India!

Room Tip: I've stayed in all three rooms of Jorbagh BnB. All will meet your highest standards.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank taji27
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Jorbagh BnB is everything a B&B guest hopes for. We were made so welcome, and our hosts were very interesting people and most informative. We also enjoyed meeting the other guests. The home was spotlessly clean, and we were asked to leave our shoes near the entryway. Slippers were provided. The room was quite comfortable. Breakfast was good. As other reviewers mentioned, the B&B is located quite close to the Jor Bagh metro station. And our hosts provided us with metro cards that still had enough money on them that we had the freedom of the city. We visited Dilli Haat, Cottage Emporium, and the National Gallery on the metro. (As nearly as I can tell, even though the metro trains run quite frequently they are always jam packed. But people on the metro were so friendly!) Our hosts and fellow guests were also quite helpful with suggestions for restaurants for dinner.

Room Tip: I think we had room #3 of 3. It was in the front of the house, with a nice view toward the trees and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gskenney
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is just a quick review to confirm that Jorbagh BnB maintains the standards of excellence that I found in my previous stays. This is the third time that I stay here and surely not the last one. Please refer to my previous reviews for further details.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank diegoemme
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is an amazing place with delighful hosts! Their place is clean, Lovely, very welcoming! I am tarvelling alone and I felt really safe. Located near Jor Bagh metro, not far from Dilli hat;
I am looking forward to my next stay with this incredible couple.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Jorbagh BnB was my home for five weeks while I worked on a contract at Safdarjung Airport so it was well located for my purposes. With Metro access just 100 metres up the street (good, clean, inexpensive but crowded at peak times), it was also well placed to get just about anywhere in Delhi. The area is indeed one of the nicest in New Delhi, with Lohdi Park and the Indian Habitat Centre a few minutes walk away, as are several small markets (Khana, Jorbagh Lane, Jorbagh Market) and (one of) the biggest shopping malls in Delhi - Khan Market, with over 100 shops and numerous restaurants.

Mr Sharma was a most gracious host, personally seeing to it that any little request I had got handled quickly by one of his ever smiling house boys. He was also a font of information with respect to India, its customs, history and economy. I even moved my breakfast up a half an hour so I wouldn't have to cut short our discussions over tea/coffee in the morning before I left for work. Very nice bathrooms with showers in two main rooms. Highly recommended, especially if you are going to UNDP or IDRC offices located nearby.

Room Tip: The front room has more sunlight but the back room is quieter since Jorbagh Road, while a residentia...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business