“Amazing Experience”

Heritage Walks with Surekha Narain
Ranked #131 of 574 Tours in New Delhi
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have just completed an evening walk and a morning walk in Dehli old Heritage part with Surekha. Shurekha brings alive the culture's gets you into see an experience things that you would miss if you were trying to navigate this on your own. Her knowledge is amazing and she is very passionate of the different Cultures in India.
We highly recommend Surekha if you are in Dehli

Reviewed 4 September 2013

An absolutely Awesome trip. The Fort, magical evening, "Chaandni", with the back drop of the Fort lit up, and full moon The walk through Rao Jodha Desert Park,The golden hue of Jaisalmar, ,the Havelis, streets, thali food, excellent and thorugh research done by Surekha. She and the delhimetrowalks are too good. It is walking talking history and Nature combined. I am so happy, I discovered her few years ago..... love every moment. She makes every trip special, and makes one feel special. Always willing to share. Wish we could could do more, and more people become aware of the bounty in our country. In Jodhpur, we stayed at Devi Bhavan...beautiful garden, wonderful staff...and Surekha opened the our eyes to the'blue city'. Jaisalmer...sand dunes...Sandgrouse, and yellow bulbuls....the list is never ending. We do and will continue to grab her trips, and walks.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Surekha has guided tours for my university students, so when my wife and I traveled to Delhi to visit friends I asked Surekha if she would be able to put together a 3-day excursion to Jaipur for us. She was more than happy to do so and came up with a terrific itinerary customized around our interests. My wife wanted to explore the textile industry, so we got to see fabric print blocks being carved and a fabric printing operation, not to mention shopping at Anokhi, Soma, and other stores. I wanted to tour the center of the city, so Surekha arranged for a local expert to give us a walking tour, which was insightful, fun, and powered by street food. The lodging she arranged at the Hotel Arya Niwas in Jaipur was perfect, and one night outside of Amer in a B&B run by a French expat ceramicist was magical. The tour of Amer was special too: the Anokhi museum, Hindu and Jain temples, and of course the Amer Fort. We can't wait to return and have Surekha reveal more of India to us. She has boundless energy and enthusiasm, and is a problem-solver extraordinaire. Highly recommended!

1  Thank rhonold
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I wanted to take my daughter (age 9) on one of Surekha's 'moms, dads and kids' walk during our last few days in Delhi, unfortunately the walk was not going ahead but Surekha kindly offered to take just the two of us on short walk (2-3 hours) around Lodhi Gardens instead.

She met us outside of the metro station - despite us coming out of the wrong gate, and took us in her car to the gardens. We had a lovely leisurely walk around the beautiful gardens, we mainly focused on looking at the birds and wildlife but Surekha also shared some of the history of the gardens and the surrounding city. Her enthusiasm was infectious and my daughter can still name the birds we saw. Surekha had information cards to help us identify the different kinds of birds, butterflies etc which were great and she obviously puts a lot of time and effort into making sure people get the most from her walks.

We plan to return to Delhi in the future and will definitely be contacting Surekha.

1  Thank Rachel2809
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I highly recommend hiring Surekha if you want to know Delhi and to have a very interesting day. Surekha went to pick me up at the airport. She is very nice and kind and knows everything about Delhi. In only one day, I was able to visit different parts of the seven cities (that comprehends Delhi). I went to very interesting place (Qtub Minar), were she explained to me the different religions and their origins. Then, we went to the "New Delhi", where there are the government palaces and structure. Then, I went to the "Old Delhi". A huge constrast, and a very interesting place to see the diversity of Delhi. Of course, you have to go there with a guide. I visited the Red Fort and the big mosquee. Then, she left me in the hotel. It was a very pleasant day because, besides being an excellent guide, Surekha is a person to whom is very good to talk.

1  Thank Brazililanlady