“Calm oasis with exceptional service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amarya Villa

Amarya Villa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Calm oasis with exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I travel to rural India every month or two, with 1-2 overnights in Delhi. For the entire time I am in the country, I look forward to my return to the Amarya Villa. I know that when I arrive, I will be greeted with delicious tea, and a friendly face. I can ask for recommendations on shopping, site seeing, scheduling my business meetings around high-traffic times, and know I will get excellent advice. The breakfast is exquisite, with the best coffee I have had in India. No request is too much, and my favorite thing (perhaps--there are so many) is the personal greeting at the gate, or the good-bye wave, with a "See you next time" as I drive away.
Additionally, their cab subcontractor is excellent. I will never arrange a cab with anyone else.

Room Tip: Red Ruby is my favorite!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RC-Cambridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Amarya Villa is a cool, calm retreat - a perfect place to recuperate from Delhi's craziness. We have stayed three times now, and the staff are always welcoming and helpful. Every need is anticipated to ensure an enjoyable and stress-free stay, including the provision of a mobile phone to ring reception in case of difficulties, to provide directions, instructions to tuk-tuk drivers etc. The location is perfect - in a quiet area close to the amenities and green spaces of Hauz Khas and Lodi gardens. The interior spaces are intimate, well-planned, well-equipped, and decorated simply and tastefully. The only meal we have had at the villa is breakfast, but both the Indian and western options were impeccably prepared and delicious. In the 'tips for writing a great review' it is suggested that you say what you liked best & least', but I honestly can't find anything negative to say!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank based_in_london
AmaryaVillaA2, Guest Relations Manager at Amarya Villa, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for such beautiful comments which made us so happy.

We are really delighted to hear that we could make your Delhi trips a memorable experience. Cell Phone service is highly appreciated by our guests & we understand how necessary is to have a local number which gets very handy and helpful.

It is true about the location that it is in the heart of the city, well connected to all beautiful historical monuments. It gives us great pleasure that you valued our treasures & things we have to offer.

It was an honor to have met all your expectations. Please feel free to come back anytime. We look forward to welcome you again.

Warm regards from Delhi.

The Amarya Villa Team
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I ve been travelling to India for the past 10 years. I have experienced a number of hotels in India and Delhi where I often stop: hotels from basic root motels up to world-class international brand hotels. I ve never found any hotel comparable to Amarya Villa. A cozy place, with a limited number of rooms where you can only feel home. "A dedicated staff committed to the highest level of personal service you can expect": these are not only words at Amarya Villa. It is Amrya Villa in essence ! Indian style with an unmatched sense of service and caring. From the room cleaners to the wonderful Alice at the reception, every second everyone will be looking after you and making sure you have a wonderful time. This is Alex's spirit (the big boss). The chef and his waiters are all excellent. Try the tenderloin ! Amarya Villa has become my home in Delhi. It is a quiet, restful and reassuring place where I like to come back every time I can. Big hugs to Alice, Victor, Alex and very friendly hellos to everyone there !

Room Tip: All rooms are of equal quality. You will feel comfortable in every room. Do not hesitate to go for a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Michel_from_Paris_13
AmaryaVillaA2, Guest Relations Manager at Amarya Villa, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Michele,

I would like to thank you for writing such wonderful comments about our hotel. It gives me a great pleasure to see that you enjoyed our facilities. We are glad to have met your expectations. From the Decor, Service & Food, & Personalized service.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Amarya Villa.

Welcome Home!!!

Amarya Team
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I should say...I would never stay anywhere else as long as I didn't have to stay in the Pearl room (or the room it connects with). I used this hotel as my "Delhi Home Base" - meaning I stayed here a total of three separate occasions (4 nights) on the same trip using this hotel as a stop-over between other destinations. In short: I loved it! The only issue I had was with the Pearl room as it is a connecting room and you can hear EVERYTHING from the next room. Needless to say, after a long 2 day flight to get to Delhi, this was not ideal because I was kept awake quite late by the people next to me taking very loudly, scraping furniture across the floor, banging doors, etc. The other two rooms I stayed in were perfect - no problem with noise from neighbors. All the rooms were unique - which was a lot of fun and interesting. They were also clean and the beds were comfortable. I appreciated this hotel even more after coming back from the different safari "resorts" that I stayed at in Kanha and Bandhavgarh national parks. The breakfast was delicious and I highly recommend it! When I'm back in Delhi, I'll be staying here for sure.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you in Pearl (or the connecting room - don't know name) unless you are with...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Diamond room for two nights. We had a great time staying here. The room was big, stylish, clean and comfortable. The room was very quiet, too. There was a big balcony with nice view of blue sky and the next neighbors' houses, but unfortunately it was too hot to sit in the balcony during our stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They greeted us whenever they saw us. We felt like as if we were staying in a friend's house. I liked the idea of them letting us use a local mobile phone that come with the room. This service was very very helpful as I needed to contact with the driver and some local friends but did not want to use my phone's expensive roaming service. Wifi in the room worked very well. Their small restaurant on the G/F served nice fresh Western style breakfast. It would have been better if I could choose Indian breakfast which was on the menu but seemed not quite available when we were staying. It could have been better if there was a small sofa or a chair to relax in the room as we were not very used to watch TV sitting on a bed or floor. However, we were very happy staying Amarya Villa and would like to come back again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed in both the Topaz and Ruby rooms in April 2013. The staff were all absolutely brilliant - so helpful and friendly, and equally Vikram, arranged through the hotel, was one of the best drivers we had in India. We enjoyed the food and breakfast (and evening beers) on the roof terrace. The rooms were beautifully decorated and a welcome respite from hectic Delhi. In fact, we started referring to the hotel as 'home' during our stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kensington, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Jaspreet and her staff were more than helpful, welcoming and acomodating to myself and my tour group in February of 2013. I would like to mention Alice in particular as being right there at the Villa, always available, always friendly and very helpful. The food was perfect, made especially for each of us ie level of spice and choice of ingredients. All very delicious and fresh. The rooms were delightful, fresh and each unique. The only room I would stay away from is the Pearl Room unless it is redocorated and repainted.All in all I would highly recommend the Amarya Group. Some of us stayed in Haveli as well which I found personally to have the best ambiance and decor. In both Villa and Haveli, the staff was equally attentive and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
AmaryaVillaA2, Manager at Amarya Villa, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Katrina,

Thank you for your kind comment! It was a pleasure for amarya team to welcome you here. I really want to apologize for the inconvenience of the pearl room, which was difficult to change the decor in the peak season. We have taken the steps to remedy the situation. We try to be present when our clients need advice or assistance to New Delhi. Feel free to visit us on your next trip to India!

Best regards from Delhi