We reached hotel around 10 pm. Airport pickup was free of cost, but drop off was expensive and we ended up booking by Meru cab.
Good things first which are very few:
1) Food was good and served fast. Staff at the restaurant were very good and polite.
2) Location is good as the metro is just walkable distance.
3) Hotel taxi drivers are punctual.
Now the other side of the story:
1) You cannot access wifi from the room, though its mentioned in the website that it's available. We had to come down to the reception area to access the free internet.
2) Hot water is available at certain times. If we need to take hot shower after that period, you need to request atleast 30 mins in advance.
3) Floor does not have carpet and no slippers were provided to wear inside the room. The floor was very chill in the winter.
4) No mat is available in the bathroom.
5) Safety box is available, but we were told that they do not work.
6) From midnight until early morning, you can listen to the rat music. There were lot of rats running on the roof. At one point I was afraid if that would come down and eat my bag and passport.
7) Reception staff members were unapproachable. Most of them give a dumb face when you talk to them. It looks like they wanted to tell me whatever they have to say and then get busy looking the the notebook infront of them. I felt I was talking to some Indian government office staffs. Also there is no communication between staff members in 2 different shifts.
8) Only local call can be made which was free of cost. There is no way that we can make a STD call or International call staying in that hotel. There is no such facility even though I am ready to pay. We have to come out and hunt for a public telephone booth to make a call which was not available anywhere near to the hotel.
Most of the people who stayed there look like were sponsored by their companies and were on their business trip. If you are on holidays, I would suggest not to ruin your vacation by staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treebo Aura de Asia is situated in West Patel Nagar of New Delhi, 14 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport, 4.3 km from the Sarai Rohilla Railway Station and within walking distance from Patel Nagar Metro Station. The hotel's list of provisions like travel desk, business event hosting facilities, chargeable guest laundry, room service, wheelchair provision and parking space makes it a comfortable stay option for leisure and business travellers. There is complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi from Treebo and every room has air-condition, LCD television with cable/DTH connection, coffee table and shower cabinets in the private bathroom. KFC, Dominos, Mr. Sub, Rice Bowl and Cafe Coffee Day are all within 400 meters. Satyam Cineplex, 1.5 km away is the nearest food and entertainment destination. Catch an auto or book a cab to Karol Bagh or Gafar Market and spend the entire day shopping for clothes, jewellery, footwear, accessories at affordable prices, while indulging in the lip-smacking varieties of Delhi's Chat and street food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Treebo Aura De Asia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.