“Not up to scratch”

Ranked #202 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It's easy to give a property a one star review when you leave as an angry customer which may not be fair as it does not reflect all aspects of the experience. It's also important to consider price/performance.

But this place does not get above 2 stars in my books.

Here are the gripes I had with Fraser Suites in New Delhi:
* the address on my reservation was: Plot No-4A, New Delhi 110091 India, no telephone number. Try explaining to cab driver where you want to go with this information. Thank good for google maps...
* The room is big, reasonably clean but it either wasn't a non-smoking room (although no ashtray was to be seen) or the last guest decided to ignore the non-smoking policy. The whole room smelt like an ashtry
* Internet access was painless but it's quite slow
* Breakfast: soso, service is very slow my coffee took at least 15 mins to arrive

The big disappointment came when I checked out - I had asked the night before how to go about getting a meter taxi and was advised to inform reception half an hour before departure. I did ask reception to arrange for a METER Taxi before going to breakfast and to my surprise they ignored this and got me a "hotel" car - just another beaten up tiny Hyundai like any other taxi. The cost to my office (10km) - 1680 IDR - twice as much as the ride from the airport in a prepaid taxi which is at least 3 times the distance. Upon my insistence to get a meter taxi they reluctantly proceeded to order one. My question why they couldn't just flag one down off the street was answered with "the company has an agreement with a taxi company where the hotel gets a cut". Well that's great!
The taxi was meant to arrive within 5 minutes. Of course no taxi after 5 mins. Another 15 minutes and my patience ran out. I left the hotel and within 2 minutes was able to flag down a taxi off the street. Cost to my office - IDR 150 (including tip) - less than a 10th compared to the "hotel" car.

After this experience they won't be seeing me again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Mr.martinSinSyd,

Thank you for writing a review about our property,please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience faced and for not being able to meet your expectations.

I regret that things were not clear as the booking for the room was done by you through a GTA and therefore the confirmation is also sent to you through them. We have no say on what information they would like to give a guest on their confirmation mail, therefore only part of the address was written without any telephone number.

The booking sent to us was without any mention of a preference for a non smoking room.

The charges for a taxi is decided by the vendor and Fraser Suites does not have any control over their charges. There is no metered taxi stand near by and metered taxis have to be called from a distance which takes time ,sometimes.

Please accept my apologies for the slow service during breakfast and for the wi-fi being slow.

We look forward to you coming and staying with us again even though, you have stated otherwise .We would like you to experience the hospitality of the Fraser brand and would request you to make direct bookings in future.

I assure you of a memorable stay on your future visit to our property.

Fraser Suites New Delhi.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fraser Suites in late January/early February for eight days, between two different tours. Having come from a rustic tour in the states of Bahir and Udder Pradish, the Fraser was a welcome relief from the quality of hotels we had just stayed in. We opted for the suite which included a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living area, and a separate bedroom. The restaurant food was always good, with a good selection, and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet offered a great selection for various international tastes. Our one issue with the restaurant was the toaster on the serving line which emitted a very high pitched squeeking noise. Hopefully this has been rectified. Also in the restaurant I was treated by the restaurant manager to a special tea, for several nights, for a pesky sore throat which was much appreciated.
The washer/dryer was a nice touch in the suite as was the 24/7 free wifi. And the service for both check in and check out was excellant.
All in all, a fine place to stay at a competitive price

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Bkirkati,

Thank you for writing a review about our property after your stay with us,I am delighted to know that you were happy with our services,quality of food and our rooms.

I am also glad to know that you were looked after well by a member of the Fraser's team and would like to thank you for your generous praise.

We look forward to welcome you and your family again on your next visit to the city and assure you of improved products and services including the squeeking toaster.

Fraser Suites New Delhi.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed in Fraser Suites couple of time in 2013. The rooms are good, staff are courteous, breakfast and dinner options are great and entertainment options are good too. The property is close to a Metro station and hence fairly easy to locate. The property is also very well served by radio taxi networks. Definitely a no-fuss option for hectic business trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ShafaliC, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear kc3981,

Thank you for writing a review about our property ,I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you found us to be centrally located.It is good for business travellers as there is easy connectivity within two states of India.

We look forward to welcome you again and extend our hospitality in future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Fraser Suites New Delhi for 6 nights to attend an exhibition. Really liked a spacious apartment, it made my first visit to India more fruitful. Internet connectivity was excellent, enjoyed a variety of dishes both at the restaurant and in-room dining. It's only 15-20 min drive to Pragati Maidan exhibition centre, will be the best choice for those joining events held there.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear EI2001,

Thank you for writing a review about Fraser Suites New Delhi,I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations , you preferred the location,liked the food and were happy with the complimentary wi.fi connectivity.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and assure you of a memorable stay.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had a pleasure of staying at Fraser Suites in New Delhi for almost 4 months from September to December, 2013.

Having stayed in Fraser Suites, La Defense in Paris, I was aware of excellent standards set by them in terms of infrastructure and service quality. So, I went to stay FS, New Delhi with a lot of expectations, and trust me, all of them were not only met but greatly surpassed.

I'll start with the location of property. Its located in Mayur Vihar (~1 hour drive from T3 International airport), a quiet locality with mostly residential complexes and few other chain of hotels. The location of the hotel is perfect for the Business travellers looking to visit offices in Noida (2-3 kms distance). Nearest metro station is Mayur Vihar Extension (5 min walk from hotel). A metro ride to Connaught Place takes around 20-30 mins which makes it an ideal location even for leisure travellers.

Coming to infrastructure: This 9 storey building is hard to miss from a distance. Lobby is grand and the moment u step in, you know you are in for a good experience. The rooms are very big and they have a king sized bed, sofa, working table, LED TV, Bose sound system , Refrigerator, Microwave, Hot plate, Washing machine (incredible!!). All this makes it perfect place to stay for long duration.

The hotel hosts great in-house recreational facilities which include a great gym, swimming pool, kids room, spa, pool table, foosball, 3D golf and list goes on. I'd especially like to mention about the wifi, it is very fast and makes it convenient to work from your hotel room which is a must in today's world.

The hotel has a full fledged restaurant which serves multi cuisines, all of them delicious!! The rates are bit on the higher side. An average meal for two people without alcohol is likely to cost around 1500 Rs but its worth it. Breakfast served is extremely delicious and fulfilling and its a must have meal for a great start to your day. Restaurant staff is extremely friendly and cordial.

All in all, I'd recommend anyone visiting Delhi for work or for leisure to consider staying at Fraser suites to experience a truly world class experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sachinsrivastava

Dear Sachinsrivastava,

Greetings from Fraser Suites New Delhi!

I would like to thank you whole heartedly for writing in detail about your experience at Fraser Suites New Delhi.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay and we were able to meet your expectations according to the desired standards globally.

We look forward to you visiting us again and assure you of the Fraser Difference and 'WOW' factor on every visit.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

As mostly when you book a hotel online you don't really get what you see in the picture, It was a surprise for me to find Fresers Suites a perfect place to stay specially long trips and holidays. It is a calm and quite area far from the NOISE AND RUSH. Be sure your kids will enjoy the play room while you are having a pleasant spa. Be sure to experience playing golf at the ninth floor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Ahmad M,

Thank you for writing a review about our property, I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you found our property to be as good as shown in the pictures online.

Fraser Suites is a brand having 81 properties worldwide which caters to long stayers with families and our objective is to design our properties in a manner such that every member of the family is able to meet their needs including children who are the life and soul of a family.

We look forward to welcome you and your family again on your next visit to the city and assure you of improved product and services as we innovate each day to fulfil the unique needs of our guests.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Fraser suits is a 5 star property at 3 star price. Located in New Delhi, at the bank of river Yamuna, it is very close to IT district of Noida and Connought Place, the centre of business in the city. Rooms are cosy, though restaurant may not match 5 star hotels

Room Tip: You can choose river front side