“Average with some room to improve”

Ranked #158 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Indian Shores, Florida
“Average with some room to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed 1-night at Fraser Suites New Delhi as a night stopover before flying to Kerala. We normally stay at the Doubletree hotel (now converted to a Holiday Inn) but decided to give Fraser Suites a try since they were cheaper than the Holiday Inn. Overall we found the hotel to be satisfactory. The rooms were clean, spacious with a comfortable king bed, and had everything from a refrigerator to a microwave, a 2-burner stove, and even a clothes washer ( none of which we used, considering we were there for a night). The hotel seemed geared to long-stay guests. The included buffet breakfast was very good, serving both western and Indian items with a large choice of items. On the down-side, we felt the service was not that great. Both check-in and check-out were painfully slow, and they left our bags out at the entrance, so we had to retrieve them ourselves. None of the staff greeted or welcomed us, which is unusual considering the quality of Fraser Suites in other cities. Room service was prompt, but expensive. Net, the hotel was average, seemed suited to business and long stay travelers, one of many choices one could make in Delhi

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelplansr
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear travelplansr,

Thank you for writing a review about Fraser Suites New Delhi , please accept our sincere apologies for the check in/ check out being delayed and your luggage not having been picked up in time.We are happy to know that your stay with us was satisfactory and you enjoyed the breakfast at The Epicure.

Your feedback is valuable to us and we would take all measures to improve our processes in order to ensure prompt services to our guests.

We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the city and assure you of improved services.

Fraser Suites New Delhi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel and found the rooms were a good size. They even had a washing machine in the suites so for travellers this is a real bonus.

Security is quite high before entering the hotel which is good.

Good location

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear nlhAustralia,

Thank you for writing a review about Fraser Suites New Delhi after your stay in our property,I am glad to know that we were able to meet our brand standards and your expectations from the Fraser brand.

Your positive comment about the security check of our property is also a great booster to the team as most guests get annoyed due to these checks not realizing that it is done due to the very concerns of their safety only.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next trip and assure you of a memorable stay.

Darjeeling, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had stayed here for 2 nights..Had called in before hand that I would be checking in at midnight and I did. The entire process was tedious and time consuming..
No smiles greeted me anywhere throughout my 2 day stay at the hotel..very boring....
The booking had been done and paid for through my agent. Still upon check out I was asked to make the payment and had to get it confirmed again from my agent and only then did the hotel people sort it out..
The list of complaints could go on and on..so to cut it short..
Pros: the room ( its a nice room, well maintained, and large with all amenities as expected from any Fraser property)
Cons: quite a few..Firstly, the location..its more suited for those with work in Noida or East Delhi than any other part of Delhi. Lack of courtesy. Breakfast lacked taste especially the bakery stuff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sauravdis
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear sauravdis,

Thank you for writing a feedback about our property ,please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to live upto your expectations.Your feedback has been addressed with the respective departments in detail and necessary measures have been taken.

The delay at the time of check out was due to the extra billing done while you stayed with us as only your room charges were paid for by your booker and all extras were to be paid by you.

We hope to have you stay with us again and assure you of improved product and services.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

It's easy to give a property a one star review when you leave as an angry customer which may not be fair as it does not reflect all aspects of the experience. It's also important to consider price/performance.

But this place does not get above 2 stars in my books.

Here are the gripes I had with Fraser Suites in New Delhi:
* the address on my reservation was: Plot No-4A, New Delhi 110091 India, no telephone number. Try explaining to cab driver where you want to go with this information. Thank good for google maps...
* The room is big, reasonably clean but it either wasn't a non-smoking room (although no ashtray was to be seen) or the last guest decided to ignore the non-smoking policy. The whole room smelt like an ashtry
* Internet access was painless but it's quite slow
* Breakfast: soso, service is very slow my coffee took at least 15 mins to arrive

The big disappointment came when I checked out - I had asked the night before how to go about getting a meter taxi and was advised to inform reception half an hour before departure. I did ask reception to arrange for a METER Taxi before going to breakfast and to my surprise they ignored this and got me a "hotel" car - just another beaten up tiny Hyundai like any other taxi. The cost to my office (10km) - 1680 IDR - twice as much as the ride from the airport in a prepaid taxi which is at least 3 times the distance. Upon my insistence to get a meter taxi they reluctantly proceeded to order one. My question why they couldn't just flag one down off the street was answered with "the company has an agreement with a taxi company where the hotel gets a cut". Well that's great!
The taxi was meant to arrive within 5 minutes. Of course no taxi after 5 mins. Another 15 minutes and my patience ran out. I left the hotel and within 2 minutes was able to flag down a taxi off the street. Cost to my office - IDR 150 (including tip) - less than a 10th compared to the "hotel" car.

After this experience they won't be seeing me again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Mr.martinSinSyd,

Thank you for writing a review about our property,please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience faced and for not being able to meet your expectations.

I regret that things were not clear as the booking for the room was done by you through a GTA and therefore the confirmation is also sent to you through them. We have no say on what information they would like to give a guest on their confirmation mail, therefore only part of the address was written without any telephone number.

The booking sent to us was without any mention of a preference for a non smoking room.

The charges for a taxi is decided by the vendor and Fraser Suites does not have any control over their charges. There is no metered taxi stand near by and metered taxis have to be called from a distance which takes time ,sometimes.

Please accept my apologies for the slow service during breakfast and for the wi-fi being slow.

We look forward to you coming and staying with us again even though, you have stated otherwise .We would like you to experience the hospitality of the Fraser brand and would request you to make direct bookings in future.

I assure you of a memorable stay on your future visit to our property.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fraser Suites in late January/early February for eight days, between two different tours. Having come from a rustic tour in the states of Bahir and Udder Pradish, the Fraser was a welcome relief from the quality of hotels we had just stayed in. We opted for the suite which included a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living area, and a separate bedroom. The restaurant food was always good, with a good selection, and reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet offered a great selection for various international tastes. Our one issue with the restaurant was the toaster on the serving line which emitted a very high pitched squeeking noise. Hopefully this has been rectified. Also in the restaurant I was treated by the restaurant manager to a special tea, for several nights, for a pesky sore throat which was much appreciated.
The washer/dryer was a nice touch in the suite as was the 24/7 free wifi. And the service for both check in and check out was excellant.
All in all, a fine place to stay at a competitive price

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Shafali464, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Bkirkati,

Thank you for writing a review about our property after your stay with us,I am delighted to know that you were happy with our services,quality of food and our rooms.

I am also glad to know that you were looked after well by a member of the Fraser's team and would like to thank you for your generous praise.

We look forward to welcome you and your family again on your next visit to the city and assure you of improved products and services including the squeeking toaster.

Kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed in Fraser Suites couple of time in 2013. The rooms are good, staff are courteous, breakfast and dinner options are great and entertainment options are good too. The property is close to a Metro station and hence fairly easy to locate. The property is also very well served by radio taxi networks. Definitely a no-fuss option for hectic business trips.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ShafaliC, General Manager at Fraser Suites New Delhi, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear kc3981,

Thank you for writing a review about our property ,I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you found us to be centrally located.It is good for business travellers as there is easy connectivity within two states of India.

We look forward to welcome you again and extend our hospitality in future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Fraser Suites New Delhi for 6 nights to attend an exhibition. Really liked a spacious apartment, it made my first visit to India more fruitful. Internet connectivity was excellent, enjoyed a variety of dishes both at the restaurant and in-room dining. It's only 15-20 min drive to Pragati Maidan exhibition centre, will be the best choice for those joining events held there.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear EI2001,

Thank you for writing a review about Fraser Suites New Delhi,I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations , you preferred the location,liked the food and were happy with the complimentary wi.fi connectivity.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and assure you of a memorable stay.