“NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL”

Ranked #618 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was one of the most horrible travel experience.After booking from MMT online (by seeing the nice snap shots) I found out on arriving that this was just to net travellers.The rooms were very dirty,the flush in the bathrooms not working,rats,hole in the ceiling,dirty bedsheets and every bad thing that u can think of.
They even tried to trick my relatives into a dingy room even though they had booked super deluxe.They managed to fight their way into the super deluxe suite and my first visit into their room was rats and poor ventilation.

Room Tip: never go to this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank umesh009
hotelsun, Owner at Hotel Sun International, responded to this review, 31 January 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. The comfort of our guests is always our top priority. As discussed in our previous conversations, our team has done everything possible.. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.

Please reach out to me directly] if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are looking for one of the most forgettable experience of your life opt for this hotel.

Pahar ganj area is nightmare.Full of encroachment and hawkers.
About the hotel toilets are terrible , housekeeping does not find it necessary to clean the room.On top of it they fought with me for room rate after agreeing on the phone.

Dont stay in pahar ganj area.

Room Tip: Try karolbagh area its better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank sujenshah
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of these upgrades to the property within the next couple of months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

There must be some misunderstanding between us or else we will never go off on our words and price.The Area Paharganj has now become more cleaned and sophisticated. We assure you that there will be no chaos again and please give us a chance to welcome you again

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Reviewed 6 April 2014

There are so many hotels in Delhi....very easy to find..but satisfaction is another thing .I stay here because my friend was already staying.Nice Room with nice bathroom.Mainly staff are very positive,.Hotel Situated in narrow path near main Road, no sound pollution.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank pa_re1222014
hotelsun, Manager at Hotel Sun International, responded to this review, 26 March 2016
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Sun International and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel
Pune, India
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay here 2 nights in Deluxe Room.when we came here Room was not prepare ,we wait 10 to 15 minutes in reception area .when Room was ready ,we enter our room,we found neat and clean bathroom,and comfortable bed. Sitting arrangement is good in reception area. There are big sofa.Good reception with so many deep lights.Travel boy , I forget the name he arranged a good car for Delhi sight seeing visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ak1234ku
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I am listing the reasons why u shouldn't ever visit this hotel:
1) there is only one guy who is responsible for the room service; that too he is very much unprofessional. He dresses up like a dude and seems as if he is making fun of the visitors with his fellow mates. Worst service ever.
2) secondly the food served per person was insufficient
3) they never respond your calls.
4) the common bathroom in the ground floor was very nasty. I didn't even dare to pee.
5) the manager was very uncooperative. Seems as if it costs them a lot to smile.
So please never visit such hotels where you don't get the value for the money you spend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pahul S
Dear Guest,

I would also like to clear few points on confusion between us
1. There are large number of emloyees working in our hotel.At that point of time our most employees were busy in dealing with a large group that came to our hotel thats why you have to face a problem. Our management feel extreamly sorry for inconvinience
2. If food was insufficient you would have asked for some more food. We would be happy to serve you.
3.We were not able to respond your call as we were busy with the group booking. I feel sorry for that and assure you that it will never happen again in future

We hope you accept our appologies.You can also see our renovated rooms in our website and give us a chance to serve you again
Allahabad, India
Reviewed 16 March 2014

1st.. I wasn't provided a room in the hotel that I booked. I was accommodated in an adjoining hotel. The room in that hotel was in terrible condition. No where near a 3 star hotel which i paid for. The room service and food was way below the standards. Even the basic amenities were not acceptable. After that the receptionist at the other hotel created such a big fuss about me not carrying a printed copy of voucher even after showing the SMS received and mailing the voucher to his email id, he made me run up and down to get the printout. No hot water, No wifi.. Nothing was provided. I feel makemytrip.com should blacklist this hotel for the kind of behavior it does with its guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Naman S
Dear Guest,

We would like to appologise for the problem you have to face.The amount given against a super deluxe room was very less.Thats why we shifted in other hotel or else we have a great wifi and breakfast served in Hotel Sun.We hope you give us another chance to serve you
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Lovely and helpful staffs. Good big reception. I stay here last month. I feel all staff are very cooperative specially very senior waiter Rakesh. According to rate , hotel is perfect. Rooms are good .I left room very early,check out process are very fast.Hotel situated in narrow path

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business