“Nice rooms, but pathetic service”

Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar
Ranked #58 of 721 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in July 2013. The construction is nice and the rooms are comfortable and with a nice view. But the service deeply disappointed me. All those 4 days, I experienced the pathetic service of this hotel. Some highlights:
- On checking in, I called up the one-touch service and asked for a newspaper. They said "Sure" but the newspaper never came.
- While leaving in afternoon, I called up housekeeping and asked them to clean my room. When I returned in the night, the room was cleaned but the bathroom wasn't!
- Furious, I called up housekeeping at 11 in the night. This time though they responded quickly and cleaned the bathroom.
- Next day, again in the morning, I called up asked if they had Hindustan Times available. They said yes, but delivered Times of India at my doorstep.
- While leaving the room, I called up housekeeping to clean my room, and also touched the services button on the panel near the door. At night when I returned, this time neither the room nor the bathroom was cleaned.
- I was staying on the 6th floor, a non-smoking floor. But on 1 of those 3 days, the whole corridor strongly smelled of nicotine.
- While checking out, I called up a bell boy to take my luggage. He arrived at my room on time and took my luggage, but they kept me waiting in the lobby for almost half an hour for my luggage.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Preet S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!
At the onset I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us a review on trip advisor. Whilst I am delighted to note that you have appreciated the hotel’s ambience, however it is a matter of great concern to read your feedback on several parameters that has not matched your expectations. This is certainly not the standards reflective of our Hotel and immediate attention to detail and action has been put forth to address your feedback .The service crew who has attended you at various levels of intervals have been closely monitored, briefed and trained with the level of services they are expected to deliver.
These incidents are an aberration & we most certainly assure you that your future experiences will not allow scope for such challenges.
We look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back again to the hotel and be at your service.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Rooms are very spacious and very clean. There was a lovely sunken bath and separate shower and toilet cubicle. Massive comfortable bed with high quality bedding. Bar was reasonably priced and the service was very good. Front desk were very efficient and friendly. Location is good - close to the metro station.I would stay here again if i ever visit delhi.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!
I sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel and services- especially our spacious rooms, four fixtures bathrooms ,High quality bedding and our “ORO” bar that offers Tapas style snacks and an international range of wines and spirits for our discerning guests like you.
We wish to welcome you back once again to the hotel and experience the other services and facilities the Hotel has to offer.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Absolutely the best hotel of ever. Wonderful rooms, impeccable service, clean, great location in the heart of downtown , excellent restaurants with intercontinental choice. Highly recommended for very good stay ,Overall, a truly enjoyable stay -- and one of the rare times when I truly regretted having to leave a hotel. Special Thanks to Rahul for taking care and guiding us well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!
I take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation as it keeps us inclined and focused towards our commitment of 100% guest satisfaction. I am glad that you’ve enjoyed the luxury of our spacious rooms and also that our restaurant cuisine was to your liking. I am also delighted to note your gracious compliments for my associate “Rahul” who has been recognized for his hospitality and warmth.
I thank you once again for all your recommendation and hope to welcoming you back again to the hotel and be at your service.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was my first stay at the hotel and what a wonderful surprise. The location was very convenient, close to numerous shops and attractions without being right in the middle of everything. The room was beautiful and very clean. All of the staff was exceptional, very helpful and friendly. Wonderful stay and the hotel will be added to our Delhi favorites! Food was great too !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank R_Bajaj_13
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I went for the romance package and i really loved the place.
I loved the room. Most importantly,The food!!
We went to level 2 restaurant and the food was simple very good.From breakfast to lunch to dinner,it was lovely.
A bit disappointed by the spa.I didn't like the massage at all.
But that's not any fault of the hotel.
5 out of 5..:)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kritids
Preet S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback of your splendid experience at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar. It brings me immense pleasure & delight that you have extended your gracious compliments to our product, spacious rooms and specially your recognition towards the service aspects & cuisine quality at “Level 2”.At the same time it is indeed a matter of concern to read your feedback regarding your experience at the Spa. Please be rest assured that your feedback has been taken earnestly and on your next visit we will ensure that the massage service is customized as per your liking in the hope to meet or exceed your expectations.

It was truly a pleasure to be your host and looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Hotel.

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Rooms were big, modern and beds were comfy. I was on floor 9 and could see the city. Breakfast was yummy with wide choices. Staff is friendly and attentive in the lobby and coffee shop. The great thing about the hotel is its color theme. Lovely hotel !!

• Stayed: May 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for your appreciation about the Neo gothic theme and interior of the Hotel. I am glad to note that you enjoyed the luxury of our spacious rooms, comfortable beds ,widespread breakfast offerings and the service delivered by the staff that met your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the Hotel and be at your service.

General Manager.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at the Radisson for two days during the hot Delhi summer of April 2013 with my fiancee..the stay was a getaway from the general monotony and the hotel proved to be a great way to do that..I must say the Radisson Blu chain has surprisingly turned around the way it functions now..the properties are more plush, the interiors are unique..the staff is one of the best you'll come across among a lot other things which can only be experienced and not expressed in words..to start with, the black and white interiors look gorgeous..its not only a pleasing departure from the same old beige interiors everywhere but it adds a certain touch of class that remains unmatched by its peers..the mirror work is done so perfectly and steers clear of being gaudy..

the staff, right from the valet to the front desk manager is extremely courteous and exudes a feeling of warmth all around..

the room was beautiful, to say the least, it brings a smile to your face right away as it goes on tell you that this is going to be worth your money spent..the bathroom could have done a tad better in case of the shower cubicle which was too small and did not have a door but only a partial fixed closure which does not eventually prevent the bathroom to be wet all over after a shower..the bathroom counter was at a inconvenient height for someone like me who is 6'2"..

the room had a nice big chair that gives you a sense of royalty and you surely would want to take it home with you..atleast I did..

the food was decent, good variety in the breakfast buffet..the seating is nice and spacious..but the view takes a hit, being located in the densely populated area of west Delhi..

in entirety..its one of the finest hotels I have been to..dont miss out on the Carlson Membership that comes with it..they have an excellent points system and its pretty exciting for anyone who is looking for a good hotel deal every now and then..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Preet S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback of your splendid experience at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar. It brings me immense pleasure & delight that you have extended your gracious compliments to our overall product, services, Buffet spread, Room interiors ,loyalty program and particularly the Neo Gothic theme of the Hotel that was to your liking. I am glad to note that you have extended your gracious compliments to our team of associates, who have been recognized for their hospitality , resourcefulness & warmth.
It is indeed comments such as yours that motivates us and helps to strive for even higher levels of perfection thereby exhibiting our brand service philosophy of “Yes I Can”.

Thank you once again for all your recommendation and motivating feedback. I do hope that your travel brings you back to the area on extended durations to experience the many facilities the hotel has to offer. It was indeed a pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hotel!