I stayed in a private room, and fortunately spent very little time here.
Positives (really searching for them):
- cheap (but not particularly good value)
- breakfast included (lowest possible breakfast, but at least saves searching)
- internet in dining room
- quiet location
- ok outdoor area to sit
- choice of private or dorm rooms
- location, while quiet, is not near anything - not convenient shops, not restaurants, not attractions. A big problem unless you are getting picked up by a tour bus or car
- curfew (which is normal for a hostel, but worth keeping in mind if considering it as hotel alternative)
- breakfast poor and other options not readily available. Would be terrible to be sick and wanting to have a day in, as would really be stuck for food options
- very hard bed
- toilet not working, we were given a bucket to flush it with eventually
- poor service - see the 'eventually' above
- room dirty, with bird droppings all down the wall behind the door of our bathroom
I would not stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your IYH New Delhi (International Youth Hostel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.