“Understated luxury? I think not!”

juSTa Panchsheel Park, New Delhi
Ranked #57 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
UK
“Understated luxury? I think not!”
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Our stay here was part of a package booked by an agent and it was a poor introduction to India. Supposedly a "boutique hotel with understated luxury", we were given a cramped room at the front with all the street racket outside. We were moved to a quieter room on request but it was still small and basic although reasonably clean. The furnishings were getting worn and old and the bathroom basic. By western standards I would say 2 Star but this is Delhi! The staff were nice and friendly. We ate only breakfast there and choice was very limited - the omelettes were good but that's it!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Nice hotel with comfortable rooms. The bathroom was a bit small and gets damped very easily. Wireless internet worked fine, with an avarage speed. Breakfast was poor and not tasty at all.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Bangalore
Reviewed 4 August 2009

The Hotel ambience and staff support are excellent. Easy to reach and in a very convenient location.

Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Hyderabad
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I stayed at the Residence in conjunction with a business meeting I was conducting on the hotel premises. While I had not heard of the place earlier, I could not have been happier with my stay. My itinerary had me both checking in late (nearly midnight) and checking out late (post-lunch), and on both ends of my stay the staff and management were extremely accommodating. Compared to other options, this boutique hotel was small and friendly, and the service was warm yet professional. My room was clean, and the ambience was charming. A large screen TV, super-comfortable king bed and (best of all) a nice, quiet room were just what I needed. The food in the on-site restaurant was fresh and tasty, and the excellent breakfast was included in the room rate. Because I was conducting a business meeting in the hotel conference room, I required some additional assistance from time to time. In this respect, the staff was very attentive to my needs. Overall, an excellent value-for-money, and I wouldn’t hesitate to return for either a business or leisure stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank djumtrip
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 10 January 2009

I booked this hotel via hrs.com and after consulting several people who had been in Delhi before. The double rooms were offered for approx. 100€ / room which was considered quite cheap for a good hotel in Delhi, so we were a little bit scared about how the hotel will be in reality.

Seeing the hotel was a positive shock: very beautiful, very clean, spacious with a nice and friendly staff. The receptionist spoke perfect English. The breakfast and the dinner in the restaurant was first class!

The hotel is out of the city center in a relatively green residential area, unfortunately near a very busy road (which in Delhi means guranteed noise 24 hours per day!). But the AC was on all night anyway and it represed the street noise (I was using earplugs to sleep :-) Taxi drivers had difficulties in finding the hotel, though it is quite close to the city center.

We also had some problems with the booking, but they solved with upgrading to a suite. (I think it helped that I had with me the printed booking confirmation!). I have seen the other rooms as well and they were all very nice and fairly spacious.

This was far the best hotel out the 6 others I stayed in all around India. I would be surpirsed if there is a better hotel in Delhi in this price range.

• Liked — nice and super clean
  • Disliked — difficulty to find
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank nnbbtt
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed 1 November 2008

First, the hotel is in a terrible location unless you have business or family in south Delhi. It is miles from anything you would want to see or do. Taxi drivers in central Delhi will refuse to take you there or charge outrageous fees. There are no restaurants in the neighborhood except the mediocre hotel restaurant.
Second, the supposed wireless internet does not work at all, on any floor, in any room.
Third, when I checked out a day early because of 1 and 2 above, they would not even give me a receipt. This hotel is a complete ripoff.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — terrible location, no internet, ripoff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kvetcher
residenceteam, manager at juSTa Panchsheel Park, New Delhi, responded to this review, 13 November 2008
The guest whenever is reserved through a travelagent the receipt is given by travel agent as per the contracts with the travel agents each hotel has.
The hotel location is Panchsheel Park which is quite convenient than many hotels with in 15-35 mts reach to Central delhi,embassy ,commercial places like Nehru place,bhika ji cama place and NCR Noida and Gurgaon.
There is a travel desk available within the hotel also a pick up from the distance can also be provide.

The hotel offers a 2mbps internet speed which is of highest quality with optical fibre wire available at business we do provide laptops fro guest usage.

Team Residence
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2008

I booked two rooms, and following a long haul flight arrived to be told there was only one available. This meant me sharing a suite with a member of the opposite sex who I barely knew. Admittedly a travel bed appeared after I kicked up a fuss, so at least we didn't have to share beds in the end!

The second morning we came down and were given a second key. Great news. I handed both back in when leaving for the day as is normal. When we got back they had given away the second room!! After creating a very big fuss a solution was found, which probably involved other people being disappointed and having to share.

Through this I have to say the staff were very apologetic, and we were given a free meal on the second night. The food in the restaurant was fantastic, and the service excellent.

The rooms in this hotel are really nice, with large comfy beds, and good bathrooms. There is free wireless internet available.

I would definitely stay here again on my next business trip, although if travelling with someone else I will ask them to book separately so we don't get buddied up! For the money you won't get better than this in South Delhi.

Also, if you ask the hotel to book you a taxi ask for a metered one, otherwise you will get an expensive car.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Booking mishaps
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank griangraf2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Delhi
juSTa Gurgaon Hotel
#18 of 234 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Visaya
The Ashtan Sarovar Portico
#94 of 715 in New Delhi
bloomrooms @ Link Rd
#33 of 715 in New Delhi

Been to juSTa Panchsheel Park, New Delhi? Share your experiences!