“What a great find! - the most cheerful people in Delhi!”

Classic Diplomat - New Delhi
Ranked #535 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was staying at a budget hotel aroudn the corner from this place - found it by accident on my search for some decent breakfast. I was due to leave Delhi that day. Little did I know that my flight would be delayed and would end up having to spend an extra night in Delhi. Cue Classic Diplomat! Wahtan amazing oasis. The new manager sent flowers to our room for our anniversary, the food was gorgeous, the service impeccable and all with a beautiful smile. The manager even gave me his personal mobile to phone Bangkok? to let our hotel know we were going to be a day late! Above and Beyond expectations! Good luck with your expenasion plans...you deserve the very best! :-)

Room Tip: We had a room at the back which was quiet. You don't need to spend more on a luxury suite, all...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 December 2011

we booked this hotel, they provide free pick-up from airport & everything went well with pick-up.When we reached hotel we find it very peaceful insight the hotel. though it was on high way with busy street.Rooms were big n clean, well equipped with locker, mini-bar,lcd t.v n nice interior.rooms service was excellent and staff was courteous. We will definitely recommend this hotel & we would love to stay here again.........................

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2011

A great Boutique Hotel near the Delhi Airport (Both domestic and international terminals). Newly built hotel, part of Classic chain of hotels, with excellent food. On site restaurant, free wifi, and complimentary buffet breakfast. Great décor, rooms are spacious with all the amenities. Staff was very polite and helpful. Had a wonderful stay. A great place to stay near the airport. The nearest metro station is 10-min drive and taxis are easily available. A great find and awesome value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The five minute proximity to the airport (not a great area) was our reason for staying .Don't let the airport cabs overcharge you - we paid double because we didn't realize how close it actually was and accepted their estimate.

Front desk was most helpful and cordial at 3am. Decently appointed and clean - perfect for a very brief stay. Breakfast buffet was good and generous.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I had pre-arranged an airport pick-up with the front office 3 days before my trip to New Delhi. But like all other reviews, there was no one to pick us when we arrived. After waiting for more than half an hour, I called the hotel only to be told that the transport will be there in 10 mins. I waited for another 45 mins before someone came and told us he had come to pick 6 of us and 6 suitcases in one car. I was so annoyed that I hired 2 cabs and went to the hotel on my own. It was almost midnight when I reached the hotel wherelse I had landed at 9.50pm at New Delhi. When I demanded an explanation from the front office they were giving me all kinds of excuses. I was honestly pissed off with their attitude. The rooms that were given to us were dusty like they had not been mopped for a few days. However the beds were quite comfortable to sleep on. I will never book this hotel again. After so many poor reviews that have surfaced on TripAdvisor regarding this hotel, the least the manager could do is provide an explanation on their poor service. The hotel should not promise pick-up service if they cannot provide one.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter than the ones facing the main road.
2  Thank jasbir61
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Perfectly acceptably hotel ten minutes from New Delhi International Terminal and even closer to the domestic terminal. Arrived at 1 am and checked out at 11am. Typically firm mattress (for India); continental breakfast was acceptable. Generally quiet; hot water for shower in the morning. Taxi back to airport arranged by hotel.

One of many hotels near the airport and really designed for arriving or departing airport passengers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Hotel pick-up that was pre-arranged with them did not come for over an hour. When it did come, it was one small car when they had been given warning that there were 3 guests and 3 large suitcases. Time was wasted whilst the hotel faffed around to organise another cab.

We were moved three times because of various problems with rooms. E.g. door not closing properly, no refrigerator, no tv etc. Only one towel available for a double (2 people sharing) room.

No hot water available. Finally had to re-arrange my travel plans and book out of hotel and check in elsewhere.

Neighbourhood is on a main busy road that is dusty and noisy. Have picked another hotel in south delhi in hopefully a better neighbourhood.

3  Thank Dipesh_Sid