“Very average hotel”

Taurus Hotel & Conventions
Ranked #565 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I traveled with friends in December 2013 to Delhi to attend a friend's wedding. It is conveniently located, just a few minutes from the Airport, in the 'Vegas Strip' of New Delhi. It is definitely amongst the better looking hotels out there. The lobby decor was also new and decent looking. Our room was on the fourth floor. It was clean and neat, recently renovated with modern furniture. But there were no windows in our room and very dim lighting, making the room very stuffy. Also, the TV in my room was not working because the hotel had not paid the cable bill. That seemed quite cheap of the management. This was however, okay but my friends' room was stinking of a dead rat. There was probably a dead rat in the vents as all the rooms on that corridor were stinking. Additionally, the paint was coming off the walls and the room was damp. We ordered breakfast on one of the days, but the restaurant was so understaffed and they took really really long so I actually cancelled my order. We were all quite irritated by the end of it. So overall, we were not very comfortable and would not like to go again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window and no stink otherwise it gets quite stuffy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Kajalm_CRM, Guest Relations Manager at Taurus Hotel & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your valuable feedback for our Hotel. It is disheartening to see our guests disappointed with our service especially when we at Taurus Hotels and Conventions constantly endeavor to do our best to ensure quality guest experience at all times during the stay. I agree there may have been service lapses and I apologize deeply for the same. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us as it constantly helps us discover areas of improvement.

At Taurus Hotels and Conventions we strive to ensure constant guest satisfaction along with regular employee training(s) so as to create a great atmosphere at the hotel. I request you to give us the opportunity to serve you yet again to provide you a new experience at your next visit.

Looking forward to provide you with a whole new experience.

On behalf of Mr. Kanwarjeet Singh Kochhar
Chairman,Taurus Hotels and Conventions

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I went on April 5th with my Colleque for Drink in Punjabi Nawabs, I was charged wrongly and when I argued they just told me it was perfect we had 4 shots of vodka and was charged just double, as a hotelier and part of this industry I never recommend any one to be a guest of this hotel, and I personally complain to FHRAI and TAAI about this Issue.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank chowdhuryindrajit

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you visit us for a good time with your colleague and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the way billing for your drinks was handled by our F&B staff and I apologize for the inconvenience. I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that our drinks menu contains rates of 30 ml drinks (small peg); you had requested for four large (60 ml drinks). Therefore the billing system picked up the entry for a 60 ml drink as 2 x 30ml drink which would make your 4 shots of vodka into 8 shots of vodka at the time of billing. However, your review has helped us in developing a better guest experience on the F&B front; we have now imparted better training to our F&B staff on the same grounds to offer a pleasant experience to our guests.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Strategically located. The staff was very helpful, helped me in the middle of the night,
Well maintained rooms, good breakfast spread. commendable room service.

Would have stayed here again, had it not been sold out during my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mayank,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Taurus Hotels and Conventions and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that you have had a good experience with us. We look forward to your continued visits and to welcome you back for creating more wonderful experiences.

On Behalf of Sh. Kanwarjeet Singh Kochhar

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was recommended by the airport hotel desk and unwilling to look for other options after a long flight we picked this hotel. Unspectacular really. The room was just ok, a bit dirty. The lobby and restaurant did not leave an impression.

The reception team was helpful and friendly.

5 staff in your room on arrival lingering for tip and the same story again upon departure. Surprising that in between you will find few of them around.

There are a bunch of new hotels opening close to the airport such as a Holiday Inn, JW Marriott and Ibis. Better stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Let me first thank you for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor. Let me apologize to you for the service issues which inconvenienced your stay in our Hotel. We have personally discussed and shared your feedback with my team and assure you that these are not our service standard and corrective measures have been taken and initiated.

I hope you will give us one more opportunity to serve you again in near future and I assure you that we will definitely exceed your stay exceptions.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Poorly maintained hotel - Best Western Taurus, IGI Airport Road, N.H-08, Mahipalpur Extn., New Delhi, 110037 - booked through booking.com. On the website picture is not the same of what you get there. almost all the rooms are windowless. No complimentary shuttles to the airport - do not be fulled by the promises. Rooms are dirty, towels forgot when they where white, if it was the case, same as bed sheets. Restaurant is OK, local food - the only nice point here

Room Tip: Book only if you want to be close to the airport and have no other choice
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and time and reviewing us on trip advisor; we value the feedback of our guests and take constructive measures over it.

We hope that you will give us one more opportunity to serve you better and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the pits. How it has a 'Best Western' tag is beyond me. The rooms are just awful the service is even worse. The beds are creaky and uncomfortable the bathrooms are dim and dirty.

The front desk is non responsive on caring and do not even seem bothered.

The restaurant staff are complete imbeciles and they don't even have sufficient cutlery during breakfast.

I will never stay here again. And neither should anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Mr. Rohit,

We thank you for sharing your experience about staying at our hotel. Guest satisfaction and memorable experience is our main deliverable and for that we value the feedback received from our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. We train and engage our staff regularly to deliver value to our guests; on the same note we would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you on your next stay and offer you a far pleasant experience.

Thanking You
On behalf of Sh. Kanwarjeet Singh Kochhar,
Taurus Hotels and Conventions

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I used this as a transit hotel briefly and it served its purpose without problems. It's not a place to get excited about though. My room had no windows. The shower water was disappointingly lukewarm. There was nothing to keep shower water from leaking to the rest of the bathroom. The floor felt unswept to my feet. The area seemed seedy, especially at night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing your time to share insights about your stay with our hotel. We endeavor to deliver great value to our guests during their stay and take all feedbacks in the utmost constructive manner.

We value continued patronage and hope that you will present us the opportunity to serve you better and create a wonderful stay for you.