“Best hotel of the trip”
Review of Sage Hotel

Sage Hotel
Ranked #544 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We could have been jet lagged but we slept great in this hotel. You can't go wrong with a hotel with white linens in my opinion. Our only regret was we stayed here first and it left us disappointed when we traveled on and stayed in other cities. Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed for 1 day.
Started from New Delhi Railway Station. After one & half hour and Rs.400 (by taxi) later reached the hotel. very near to the place where i had some business work.
Room: Decent size rooms. Very clean. All necessities were provided by the hotel.
Food: Had breakfast. NOT GOOD. No Options. Had to fall back on Bananas. No good restaurant options nearby.

Overall, a good hotel if you are visiting some nearby area.

Landmark: Aurbindo College, Malviya Nagar

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

It was a great experience to spend a day at South Delhi at this hotel, located at green malviyanagar, with connectivity to metro, nearby Citywalk mall and landmark PVR Anupam. The rooms offered were amazing, clean and well lit. The staff was courteous and helpful. It was good to find this place, considering the food and people and the prices offered. This was booked through a deal site, and while entering the hotel they said the company was not responding, thus I will have to pay extra, yet by morning they sorted it our and I didn't have to pay for it.

Its a good location if you plan to stay at South Delhi, without the hussle of city life and enjoy uncompromising service from dedicated staff, Sage is your choice.

Room Tip: front facing room will give u a good view in the day and at night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Decent, clean and well maintained rooms, however the service was quite crappy. The room Ac's were manually adjusted to give a very little air, after complaining twice only the hotel staff came and changed the setting. The hotel staff looks indifferent and very greedy. The hotel staff who transferred my luggage to my room during check-in, just did not move out of the room until I given him the tip. The so called restaurant is non-existent in the hotel, just a make shift arrangement is done at the hotel reception ( which is somewhat awkward) to arrange for the food. The break fast was quite tasteless, with just few dishes in the menu, not even the basic tea was not available. This place may be good for single travelers or short travelers as it is not far from the airport and major mall (saket Mall). For this much of facilities and amenities, the room charges are exorbitant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was in Delhi for one night to send my brother off to Europe. Booked the hotel reading good reviews and also due to the close proximity to airport and based on recommendations from relatives who have stayed earlier. Was coming from Calcutta and carrying heavy luggage (3 large suitcases), so called the hotel to arrange for a transport for pick up from the railway station. My booking was for Sunday (25th August, 2013) and I called them on Friday (23rd August 2013) for arranging the same (I booked the room nearly 1 month back). The guy who took the call asked me to send a mail providing the details for the pickup & time for which the car will be required. I mailed within an hour. Then started the horrific experience, of calling them & asking whether they have received my mail, whether the vehicle is confirmed & repeatedly asked them to provide me the driver & car details via SMS. Between Friday & Sunday, I called the hotel nearly 6-7 times for the same & every time I had to repeat everything from scratch as the person(s) always responded in a manner that he has no clue about the same. Finally on Sunday just 1 hour before reaching the station, when I called for probably the eighth time & threatened that I'll write a bad review about the experience, things seemed to work & within 10 minutes they sent me an sms with all the details. The driver was good & we got to know that his car (Toyota Innova) is from the local taxi stand and not from the hotel.
Then came the second horrific part. I retained the car as I have some work, so needed to travel around in the day & then I had to drop my Brother at the Airport at around midnight. After seeing my brother off I came back to the hotel after midnight and requested the reception guy to make my bills ready as I'll be checking out next morning at around 5 AM. I told him that I'll pay the entire amount through credit card, as I was not carrying much cash. He straightaway refused & started arguing & then called someone & started speaking in the local language in a harsh & threatening tone. Finally after countless hour of arguing he finally settled and asked me to pay some amount in cash & rest through card (though I didn't quite understand the reasons for the same). I finally got to bed after 12:30 with my mind full of disturbing thoughts about the mannerisms of the reception guy.

About the rooms, food & staff: The room which I was provided is good, although I didn't stay in the room for long, but it was clean & spacious, good air conditioning and the toilet & washroom was equipped with all modern facilities, however the towels were a bit worn off. The hotel staff (excluding the reception guy) were extremely courteous & was always available if any help was needed. The food is not good at all, so if you're staying avoid the hotel food & venture out as you'll get some excellent eateries nearby.

Overall, the unprofessional attitude of the hotel staff has made the stay quite forgettable. I'll only recommend people to book this hotel, if you've already sorted out your logistics & just need a room to spend the nights, that's all !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RiddhiPL
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The place was really nice with a rejuvenating effect. The ambience was really nice. The service staff was extremely humble and took care of me and my friends very nicely. The food was really delicious. I will really come here when ever i come to this city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night for business. The hotel was very clean and not far from DEL. I will be staying again!

Wifi password provided by front desk for the floor you are staying on if you ask

Room and bathroom were spectacular

Marble stone shower

Bed comfortable and soft

Continental breakfast was nice

Towels could have been softer

There was no hotel directory in the room which included numbers for front desk/room service/housekeeping/etc.

• Stayed: June 2013