“Inadequate and unwelcoming”

The Mughal Heritage
The Mughal Heritage
Ranked #256 of 1,130 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Decided to stay here as this was the hotel closest to my place of work in Delhi. (at least thats what I could see online). There is very little that I can say in praise of Mughal Heritage - so let me get the positives out of the way first. The room was quite spacious and could qualify as clean. The washroom was acceptable and the room was tidied daily. The dining area under a fiber-glass roof has a nice ambiance.

Coming to the negatives. First, the lady (or rather girl) at the reception was extremely curt. Not sure if it was because she wasn't comfortable with the language (English!) or she was genuinely discourteous. Whatever it is, the management must have the right people manning the reception - have hardly seen such a cold response. I was shocked to know that I was one of the 4-5 occupants of the hotel, and yet I received this kind of a welcome. Though I later realized that this was perhaps the reason for having such thin occupancy. But would add that in the other shifts the quality of staff at the reception desk was much better and some of them were quite helpful and courteous.

Second, the room. While basic, the maintenance looked a little shoddy - the bed was clean but walls were stained and dirty. The Air-conditioner seemed highly underpowered. The fan had to remain on all along (despite the A/C) to make the temperature comfortable. To add to it, my room was next to the food lift and there was constant disturbance at the door all along.

Third, the worst food I have suffered in Delhi. For breakfast they provided only Puri Bhaji - the sort that one would expect in the railway station (quite a big narrowing down of options from what was indicated in the menu). Not that I have anything against Puris - I enjoy it at the railway stations, but do not expect it when I am paying Rs.3,500 a night. When I asked for fresh juice (again from the menu), I got a glass of bottled 'slice mango' juice! The worst was we were told the Hotel doesn't have a tandoor as there were only 4-5 occupants. How can a hotel with the name 'Mughal heritage' not have a tandoor? A Total let-down.

Fourth, when we asked for a cab we were initially told that it wasn't available, then that it would cost Rs.20 a km and finally Rs.15 a km. In the meanwhile I had booked it online at Rs.8 per km.

A completely avoidable hotel. There are much better options (including well-known brands, which I discovered later, unfortunately) within 100-meters of this hotel which are cheaper and provide way way better value, quality and service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aamadmo

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We had package for this hotel from our travel agent..!
Please avoid this hotel ..!!
Coz I don't get my dinner till 12 night... I ordered at 9 they tell me your diner is ready in 15 min..!!
At the end went to sleep without food...!!
Worst hotel I have ever acrossed...!!
They charged for water in your room... Seriously ..!!
Who's charging for REGULAR water...!!
Secondly this hotel located at the worst area in Delhi..!!
Just avoid this hotel.....:-(

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Aminharshil
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We spent the last two nights of our holiday in this modern comfortable spotlessly-clean hotel. Helpful friendly staff provided excellent service and the room was perfect especially as the window looked onto a pleasant residential side street. As it's not very central our taxi transfer to the airport only took 25 minutes. By Delhi standards the price for such comfort and comparative luxury was moderate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeFLondon
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Mughal Heritage is a relatively new hotel built in the last couple of years and the rooms have been well designed and tastefully decorated. We had found ourselves in a tricky situation late one night with a different hotel and we were luckily our driver found us this one as it was not in any of our guidebooks.
And what a find it was! We stayed 2 and half nights.The rooms are very spacious, spotlessly clean and with lovely, well designed bathrooms. The bed was by far the best that we had in the whole of our 3 week holiday - the mattress was lovely and soft. Lovely and clean duvets etc. Room has coffee and tea making facilities and fridge.
Service was good. At first, they were a bit reluctant to give us room at half day rate to stay til midnight on our last night but they did come round after we spoke to the manager, and we had a lovely and relaxed last evening in Delhi.
Meals were all very good and we twice had them delivered to our room late in the evening.
Breakfast was of buffet style. It was sometimes a little awkward to get exactly what you wanted at breakfast as waiters didn't speak much English but we got there in the end!
Although beer was not officially served in the restaurant, it could be brought to the room as long as it wasn't added to the bill!
Free internet was nice.
I wasn't aware of any spa facilities (just seen in other review) - perhaps they need to make that more prominent!
Ideal location just east of New Delhi and north of the airport (well within free tourist map). We paid only about 70 rupees to get to the Main market by tuc tuc and about 500 rupees by metered taxi to the airport after midnight. So it really is very convenient. Both locations being only about 20-30 mins away.
We would definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher up for less street noise. Our room 301 was high enough and not on front of...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gill S
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel from 24th Feb to 26th Feb12, it was a nice experience with The Mughal Heritage, New Delhi. The Staff were very cooperative. Room was well cleaned, Bed was very comfortable & food was excellent. They have also 15 min room service, I used Gym, Spa & Sauna in hotel Mughal, They offer to their guest a free WiFi Excess They have huge Banquets. In my forthcoming Conference in Delhi, I surly used this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kapilbisht
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My 20 year old daughter stayed here on 17 Feb 12 and reported the hotel to be good in all regards , checkin ,clean room , good room service etc.
The only problem was that the hotel insisted on full payment of 4000rps on checkout despite the fact it was prepaid, so we ended up paying TWICE!!!
Not sure if this is an honest mistake or a scam, but suspect lhe latter.
Rob

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bobbys
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed into this hotel during Mid June. Lovely welcome followed by a smooth C/in. The food at the restaurant is amazing. The rooms are fairly spacious with good lenin on the bed.

I am surely would stay again on my next trip to Delhi.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business