“The front desk staff need more training” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida

Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
Ranked #21 of 701 Hotels in New Delhi
Taipei, Taiwan
“The front desk staff need more training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel installation was good, bud I think the front desk staff need be training again. When I reached the hotel, first, they give me a occupied unclean room, that is easy to solve but I didn't get any apologize. In the second day, when I back from outside, my key is not working for the elevator, after change the card, I found can't unlock my room door, because they put wrong data into the system and show me should check out when I will stay for 3 night more. When I check out, I found that my car arranged day before are in wrong time, they put into the system my flight time and arrange the car for same time, when day before they told me sure be leave the hotel two hours before. I can say, everyday have a surprise waiting me, this is not the level for a Crowne Plaza Hotel that I feel, at least in Latin America, I feel better and have very good experience before.

Room Tip: Don't choose the side of metro if you have difficult to sleep, is noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scott T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear cml55-TW,

My team and I sincerely regret your disappointment with your recent stay with us. Your points, as mentioned, are being addressed by my team members, who continue to work hard to ensure the high standards and quality of our service.

Please be assured that your feedback helps us to focus on what is important for our guests and we truly hope for another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Happened to stay at this property during my recent trip to NCR. Interiors are tastefully done and the rooms are spacious and big and comfortable . Overall it gets my thumbs up, however was disappointed at the morning breakfast buffet and dinner the previous night .The layout was not comfortable and there is a lot of back and forth to fill your plate .

Also want not satisfied by the spread also . It was quite limiting considering the quality of the hotel and the price one pays for the stay .

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Scott T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Bijoy T,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida.
Whilst we are glad that your are happy with your stay and were well-looked after by my capable team, we are sorry that you were not happy with the buffet spread and found the layout discomforting. Your points are being addressed by our Executive Chef, who continue to work hard to ensure the high standards and guest satisfaction.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

extremely disappointed with this ex Hilton Property.........bad management, wierd staff, keep knocng on your doors to give you chocolates........switch boards are coming off...........the bath tub had cement stains which haven't been removed............the housekeeping leaves my door ajar from 9pm till 3am and apologises saying its an error........thankfully nothing was stolen......but the most pathetic management...........the drainage was blocked and choked and repeated attempts never got this repaired in my 4 day stay, water rushes out of the shower cubicle because of the water filling and drainage and hence you constantly have a wet bathroom.........absolutely rude staff at breakfast table.....seems like they are heavily underpaid......just hated it

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scott T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear AjayChhabria,

As we continue to work towards delivering the quality service and stay experiences for all our guests, we truly appreciate receiving detailed and constructive feedback from guests such as yourself. Your points, as mentioned, are being addressed by my team members, who continue to work hard to ensure the high standards and quality of our service.

I invite you to please give us more details of your experience so that we may take specific corrective actions. You may contact our CRM executive Ms. Roshni Chakarvarty directly on roshni.chakarvarty@ihg.com, she looks forward to hearing from you.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

If you arrive on the usual early morning flights, then it only takes 45 min to get to this hotel. The airport pick up is complimentary! Rooms are neat, modern, glass walls to the bathrooms and all else you need (iron and board, tea making facilities).
Breakfast is a good mix of east and west and i have to say that especially the staff who is cleaning the room is very nice and attentative. Also very kind and helpful people at the reception.
Going to the gate of india is not too far either and if you want to have a splendid time, go for a drink to the Taj.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RSF15
Scott T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear RSF15,
We are glad that your are happy with the service & facilities and were well-looked after by my capable team. We hope to see you again in the near future and would be delighted to welcome you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The good was repetitive and not tasty, it was monotonous, with breakfast items being repeated every alternate day.rooms were near and clean and maintained, dining area was quite spacious, lobby area was outstanding, staff very courteous, bar was good, room service very good

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank JVS R
Scott T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear jvsra
Whilst we are glad that your are happy with the service and were well-looked after by my capable team, we are sorry that you found the food repetitive and not tasty. Your points are being addressed by our Executive Chef, who continue to work hard to ensure the high standards and quality of our food.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Attitude makes all the difference. Customer Service is an excellent example. We wanted to travel in Delhi for 8 hours by car and the way in which Rajiv from Customer Service Desk organised for us is worth praising.
Rooms are big enough to move around with the bags. Bathroom has all the amenities that you are looking for. But I wish there was a curtain between Bathroom clear glass and bedroom. (May be we are bit conservative).
Food was excellent and hot breakfast that was provided to be good for any appetite.
Beds and pillows were of excellent quality

Room Tip: Every room is good one.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pradip Kumar P
Scott T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Pradip Kumar P,

The pleasure was ours to deliver an outstanding stay experience to you.Thank you for your generous compliments and feedback, it is rewarding for my team to realise that their warmth and professionalism made your stay memorable.
As for the curtain between bathroom and bedroom we do have screen / blind which is controlled by remote.
It would be our pleaseure to welcome you back with our warm hospitality, should you return to New Delhi in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This Hotel is situated next door to the Double Tree Hilton, rather a long way out by car from airport and from central New Delhi. Very isolated and right next to highways and train tracks, no shops or resturants within walking distance. There are far more better options in New Delhi, I tried this hotel once but won't return again. Not one particular problem, it's the overall package of location, travel distances and perculiar lengthy check out procedure, large credit card payment on check in and confused staff.( and unheated outdoor pool overlooking highways)

I also had a rather poor experience of service during my stay in that each time I ordered a car and driver, they were always late arriving at hotel, so rather ruined my schedule of meetings in New Delhi a few times. Though I'm sure that was just bad luck.

The executive lounge concept in this hotel is very confused, uniquely it's set within the normal hotel bar, and the staff don't really know one day to the next what the executive lounge service is compared to normal bar, so don't expect too much here ! Very below the standard of normal Asian hotel arrangements.

If all other hotels are full, and you have one night in this hotel, it's satisfactory - but not for a few days visiting this great city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank London_Kent_UK
DT_HiltonNoida_GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Sevenoaks_Kent_UK,

At all times, we pride ourselves in delivering the best personalised service to our guests and I wish to assure you that what you experienced is not typical of the high standards that we always endeavour to provide.
Your points are being addressed by my team members, who continue to work hard to ensure the quality of our service.

We certainly agree that New Delhi is developing quickly - our neighborhood is one of the areas currently progressing with its development and it will be soon that you would be able to see improvement in the surrounding and our guests will soon be able to enjoy more dining and entertainment options. In the meantime, we recommend exploring our great city from the Blue Line Metro Station, which is only 500 meters away and connects guests to Delhi city centre within 20 minutes. Sector 18 for shopping and dining options is only 10 minutes away by car or taxi.