“Excellent hotel.”

The Ashtan Sarovar Portico
Ranked #92 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Small hotel, but well located. The hotel is relatively small but has fantastic rooms. Very new and modern amenities. Would recommend to anyone in delhi. Very good value for money, would definitely choose again when back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
GPPO, General Manager at The Ashtan Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Ashtan Sarovar is 30 minutes drive from the International airport and is in heart of the city.The hotel is connected with Green Park Metro station which is 5 minutes by walk and has good restaurants and shopping area nearby.The rooms are very classy and comfortable and the breakfast is very good with choice for both vegetarians and nonvegetarians. Very friendly staff and a good family stay hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms do not have any views to the road but are quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nvrnathan

Dear Guest,

We extend our gratitude towards your patronage.

Your positive feedback will motivate us to do better.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Ashtan Sarovar Portico.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had the opportunity to stayed at this hotel twice while traveling around India this summer.
The hotel is perfectly located in the Green Park with fast and easy access to the metro station (green park).
The room was extremely spacious and comfortable with all the amenities you expect in a high category hotel. Actually, it was even better than expected. King-size bed with fresh linen, 10-foot ceilings, super-clean huge bathroom and large window with heavy curtains. The free breakfast buffet was loaded with delicious western and Indian dishes always served fresh and home cooked.
Despite the greatness in presentation, cleanliness, sleep quality , food, value and location this hotel has, the best part was the staff. They were always more than willing and able to lend a hand with any matters related to your travels.
I had a bit of a setback during this trip with a travel agent, long story short, I felt that the travel agent was taken more money from me than he was supposed to, I panicked a bit, and the hotel staff helped me fix the situation. The manager on duty Tejeshwar Yadav, actually accompanied me to the travel agency office and negotiated for me the travel package i had bought, and got me my money back. He seriously went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that my first time in India went without a hitch. He was extremely friendly to all the guests, and didn't hesitate to go out his way to help you out.
Overall, the entire staff was always there with smile when you needed them. This was my first solo trip in India and this hotel was my first and last stop during a 2-month stay in India. I became attached to it, and the staff helped me feel right at home.
I definitely recommend staying in this hotel. I still miss it, actually. It was truly a home away from home, and it made my trip around India better, I always had somewhere to go to in case I felt lost...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
GPPO, General Manager at The Ashtan Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We are extremely humbled and delighted with your feedback. These encouraging words are priceless for the entire team.

The team is our strength, and your appreciation motivates them to strive harder towards creating memorable experiences for our guests.

I have conveyed your feedback to Tejeshwar.

Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst touring the golden triangle. Lovely clean room, free wifi. A little odd having only a pane of glass between the sleeping area and the bathroom, however not a big problem. Very clean and comfortable beds. Nice staff. Good breakfast. Overall enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the encouraging words. The hotel team joins me in extending our gratitude towards your patronage of The Ashtan Sarovar Portico.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for way too long (12 nights). Useless staff at reception. Useless staff in the restaurant, if it can be called that. Fire alarm going off on average once per night (if you're lucky it won't go off; if unlucky it will go off 3 times).

Factors that couldn't be controlled by the hotel management are the noise from the street; nighttime barking from street dogs and wedding parades (with marching bands) at weird hours.

You'd think that after 10 days the restaurant staff may have warmed up to me or attempted to give me some kind of decent service. No. Walk in, choose your own seat, serve yourself with everything, including tea/coffee and they may just notice you're there and realise that they should actually be serving you. Only one of the staff actually seemed to care and realise I was a "regular" and didn't have to ask me for my room number.

Reception staff don't care and just don't understand anything. If you try calling them you may be told they're busy with a customer (which they likely are because there's only one staff on duty) and they'll call you back. Don't expect that callback. If you're in front of them at the desk and they receive a phone call they'll take the phone call and you'll be told to wait. Basically don't expect any sort of decent service from them, or any at all.

The drivers are good. If there's a car available and they can drive you somewhere they are on time and courteous. Something good about the awful hotel. The car service is overpriced but that is to be expected.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jollyjollygood
GPPO, General Manager at The Ashtan Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We have noted with deep concern your experiences at the hotel during your stay with us.

We sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences caused.

We have given a very poor account of our services, however your feedback is an opportunity for the hotel team to rectify mistakes and raise our service standards to a level you expect and rightfully deserve.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Great rooms and service. A typical biz hotel and ok for dbl occupancy. Clean rooms and bathroom Staff courteous and helpful and polite .Centrally located - 2 min walk from Metro Stn, 3-4 kms to shopping arcades and great places to eat nearby i.e. Karims, Pizza Hut, etc .... at the Green Park Market

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front are airy and the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that your stay was comfortable and we look forward to your next visit. Please write to me on gmgppo@sarovarhotels.com for room reservation the next time you plan to visit New Delhi.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were in Delhi for business last month, and decided to change hotel, from our trusted choice in Old Delhi. We chose Ashtan Sarovar for it's location and it's many good guest reviews. We pre-booked the 8 nights. However it was so disappointing, wifi in the room never worked and we never managed to get a member of staff to sort it out for us. We had a sink that leaked and it was never fixed in the 8 days we were there. Room service was not available during the day and no hot water either during the day. We had to phone down and it took up to 2 hours and several phone calls to get the front desk to deal with it. The hotel was not particular clean either. Front desk staff and duty manager was totally indifferent to our complaints. Not a good choice if you are in Delhi for business as sadly they did not give the service we needed. We will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Baandhoj
GPPO, General Manager at The Ashtan Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had during your stay with regards to hotel's wifi and In room dining services.

Please accept our most sincere and profound apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you. I have taken up your feedback with the concerned Head of Departments for immediate corrective action.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

I hope to welcome you back to The Ashtan Sarovar Portico in near future.

Kind Regards,