Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Serves the purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Convenient hotel.
Serves the function to get some good sleep after a long tiring flight.
Only make the reservation if your checked in luggage is booked thro to final destination.
Only hand baggages allowed.
Be prepared for security check after checking out.
Advantages-
Located in transit area and closer to departure gates.
Dark themed rooms-handy to sleep.
Decent shower room and toilets.
Can stay for shorter duration -5 hours 7 hours etc

Negative points-
Too pricey-$ 180 dollars a day.100 dollars for five hour stay

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Booked a room online thru Delhi airport website. Canceled reservation. Have not received refund, has been almost a month already!!!!.The staff have not been helpful at all in trying to help me resolve this!!, they do not reply to emails, not helpful on phone etc!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pritam D

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

had a short layover (10 hours) at Delhi so wanted to try this new terminal hotel, I was met off the plane from the US and escorted after picking my bag up through the labarinth of security (several security checks) to reach the domestic side of the hotel (hotel split into 2 parts domestic/international, based on what sort of flight you have next). Hotel has another x ray machine at the entrance and a guard (they are everywhere). Rooms are pretty small, I didn't try the restaurant and skipped breakfast. Best part is getting to the check in desk in 5 minutes from the hotel after checkout, Hotel pretty expensive ca. $190 a night

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

We had a long layover coming from Doha headed to Singapore so we thought it would be a good idea to relax at the transit hotel in New Delhi. I have never been so disgusted by a hotel in my life. I am very conscious of what type of hotels I stay at and from the pictures posted throughout the hotel it seemed like it would be heaven, I was so wrong. The prices are extremely high. For a 5 hour stay it is the same price you would pay for a full night at a standard hotel in any major city. Once we went to the room we noticed hair everywhere. The hair at first seemed to be only on the floor, but as we took off our clothes to relax in the bed, we pulled back the sheets and saw what seemed to be the sheets no looking like they had ever been changed. I immediately got dress, we headed for the front counter and checked out and asked for a full refund. The manager begged us to take a look at another room, but after the bumps we had already had in our trip we just wanted our money back and to go on our way. The manager gave us the refund and we ran for the door. I will never go to this hotel again. I am hoping I don’t have to even travel anywhere that will require me to have to go through this airport again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iwantohavefun
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Having been on transit in Delhi many times where I have used time and money to get Indian visa, arriving at night, waiting for immigration, luggage taxi to hotel etc. it seemed like a good deal when I discovered that the new airport actually has a transit hotel It has in fact both an international side that can be used when on transit on international flights and a domestic side where you have to clear customs and immigration before entering.
However I soon discovered that this was not so easy. My flight arrived slightly after midnight and my connecting flight was around 1pm same day. The hotel is fairly expensive with a single room going for close to 180 usd breakfast included. As I would not need a visa for India, no taxi to hotel etc. I thought it might still be ok. I had followed the instructions from the hotel that luggage has to be checked through to the next destination in order to get access to the hotel. The only thing I had not managed was to get a boarding card for the flight out of India when I checked inn in Europe. On arrival at the airport I was positively surprised by the fact that hotel staff met me at the gate and took me to the transfer desk, I was happy and thought “this is going well”. However I ended up waiting at the transfer desk until 2:30am before I could go to the hotel. The system at the airport is that before getting into the hotel you need a boarding card. Before issuing boarding card the airline (Jet) needed to identify my luggage. It turned out that this took a long time even though my luggage was tagged to next destination. The reason was given that by mistake my luggage was put on the conveyor belt and had to be retrieved from there by airline staff. The staff of the hotel was friendly and helpful all the time but my patience was really stretched. When finally getting into the hotel check in went smooth and room was ok. In the morning I wanted to watch the news on tv but was not able to get the tv working. After contacting reception I was told that an “IT” man had to be sent to my room to activate it !! I found this strange but somebody came and did this. Breakfast was very limited with coffee that was terrible. This really has to be improved. I know Tea is the thing in India but still..
So the consept is good and if you have only hand luggage and boarding card for your next flight it should be ok. If you have luggage or no boarding card be prepared that it might take a long time to get into the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Amritsar,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

During one of my transits, I had to stay at the airport for roughly 7 hours. I decided to check into Eaton smart hotel at the airport itself. But what a mistake man. First I had to wait at a place where a few other cribbing hotel customers were waiting. we were told that the hotel person would climb down and escort us to the hotel one by one as this was a high security zone. It took him quite some time to come and then we were told to leave our big bags there as it was a high security zone. Shocked and surprised we had no place to go. Our bags were scanned and then almost an hour after we arrived

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveldoc009
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

This is an excellent hotel for an overnight international layover in Delhi. We had flown from Sydney to Delhi, and were connecting through to Kathmandu the next morning. The hotel is modern and the rooms are clean with all the necessary amenities. The hotel also has a decent restaurant where you can eat while watching the planes take off.

As most people have noted already, you don’t need a visa because the hotel is in the transit area but you DO need to have your connecting boarding card before landing in Delhi Airport and have your luggage checked through to your connecting destination. We hadn’t done this... (as our connecting flight was with a different carrier) which caused some difficulties - however the staff were extremely helpful getting us all sorted. A staff member met us at the gate and lead us to the transit gate. He left us there to wait while he went through to the baggage collection area (with our passports and e-ticket for Jet Airways), collected our bags and then checked us and our bags onto our next flight. He then returned with our boarding passes and lead us through the transit area to our hotel. The whole process took nearly two hours (which I believe is actually pretty good for Delhi Airport). All we had to do was wait while the hotel staff did all the hard work, which we were very appreciative of at midnight after flying 13hrs from Sydney.

Overall it was a good night’s sleep and very convenient for our connecting flight. It was the staff who made this hotel - they really saved the day when we discovered we couldn’t get our bags without going through immigration (which would have required a visa). Great transit hotel and outstanding service.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends