“Its a good place to be and that too in the heart of Karol bagh.”

Hotel Sohi Residency
Ranked #285 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Jalandhar, India
“Its a good place to be and that too in the heart of Karol bagh.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as the entire property was booked as a part of marriage booking. The rooms were very good and comfortable with all facilities and a good wifi. The only drawback was the housekeeping part as the staff wasn't adequate for rooms cleaning. Air conditioning was very good in rooms as well as in the hall in the basement. Otherwise it was pleasent staying there.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Ashishjalandhar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 23 April 2014

With a fantastic location -- steps from Metro station and karol bagh market, Hotels Sohi Residency extends best of the service as a 3 star hotel. My Deluxe room was nicely furnished, cleaned , Big, comfortable bed, spacious room indeed as shown in the pictures. Cleaness is the best part of this hotel. . Lovely Food served by efficient and friendly staffs. And their prices are very reasonable indeed.
Hotel Sohi is fantastic value for money and trumps the other hotel expecially for its friendly and professional staff.Thank you all. It was a special weekend for myself and my partner and you made it perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anandam25
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I never made any review before, but this hotel moved me to write one :). My review is also very late as my stay period in this hotel was on March 2013 & June 2013

I really like my experience here. Love it in fact till I chose to stay here when I came to Delhi again in June.
The room was spacious enough. We were travelling in 3, and we all could fit comfortably along with our 3 big suitcases.

The room also clean and the furniture seems new. The location is in good area, within walking distance to station though we rarely used it since we were roadtrip around India so we have our own car.

Soundproofing was not too good. We could hear people walking and talking outside though it's kinda like muffled sound. Personally, it didn;t bother me much.

The wifi was good but from my experience it varied from room to room. First night I came here, I was in room 303 and the wifi wasn't good. But my friend who stayed in room 305 had an excellent wifi.
Then the next time when I stayed in this hotel, my group stayed in second floor (forget the room number), and we all had good wifi.

But for me, the best thing in there was the staff. They were so willing to help us and acommodate our needs.
For instance, first day we had breakfast there, my mom fell in love with theit payasam. And since that first day, she's asking for payasam to be on the breakfast menu. The staf happily made it just for her.
We also got much help in packing our bags and arrange our flight back.
The receptionist was so kind. You can ask him for anything.

About the breakfast, yeah it's just ok. They only served about 4-5 different kind of menu and it practically same menu everyday (the difference I saw was just they served between omelette or hard-boiled-egg and parata-poori). But the taste was good and it's enough to start the day.
For me, the breakfast was ok with the price.

In short : I enjoy my stay in Sohi and would definitely recommend it to all my friends and fellow budget traveller.
Yep...it's true that there are better non-budget hotel, but why pay more if you could get good service with less price?

Room Tip: Ask for room in the third floor since it's less noisy. But if you value wifi quality, then you b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank asdewi
Pinerolo, Italy
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

There are thousands of budget hotel in Delhi. But only one has spotless clean room. Hotel building does not offer any surprise but the rooms and the quality of the bed is much better then many 4 stars hotel. Staff nice and kind. Eccellent value for money.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank georgiatess
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My review is a little late as my stay period in this hotel was on 17 April 2013 & 20 April 2013.
From the time i booked, Deepak (the front desk manager) was very helpful and responsive in emails and arranged for a driver for us to take us around in Delhi.
We found the rooms and shower clean, with good WiFi and new.

The breakfast was a little disappointing but the location was within walking distance to Karol Bagh.

I wished i could tip the doorman more as i was short of change , for he was a very helpful old man.
If i do visit again, would love to tip him better.

Room Tip: If you are 3 pax, get the Deluxe room as 3 people can easily share the bed here.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank simrankm
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We got into the hotel quite late but there was always a doorman at the entrance. We were booked here for the night and wanted to book for another night, however, we were moved to their other property around the corner. We were fine with it since it was late and we are not picky travelers. We ended up at Singh Sahib and ate breakfast at Hotel Sohi. Both locations were really nice and people were quite friendly. Hotel Sohi was a bit more put together than their other property but that could have been because we arrived so late in the evening. During the day, the staff was really on top of it and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a clean and well maintained hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The property is relatively new as well. It is centrally located and close to Karol Bagh metro station. The room rates are very reasonable. I would recommend it without any hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business