“A safe place with excellent service in a great neighbourhood”
Review of Hotel Kabli

Hotel Kabli
Ranked #26 of 1,061 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“A safe place with excellent service in a great neighbourhood”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Staying at Hotel Kabli makes you feel like being at home. I stayed here for a whole month and I warmly recommend the hotel to anyone who's looking for a place in Delhi. Hotel Kabli has been around for more than 60 years and the owners have maintained the original, colonial architecture from the 1940s which gives it a truly unique atmosphere. The hotel is also a very safe place to stay at.

Family Singh, the owners are wonderful hosts who do their very best to make you feel comfortable. The staff is mindful and always there to help you. When I had a problem with a dry cleaning shop in the neighbourhood, the owner's wife went herself to sort everything out. When I needed a medical service, the owner immediately called his own doctor to make an appointment for me only one hour later. The hotel even has its own driver who can give you a free ride to the nearest metro station whenever he is free.

The hotel is situated in the middle of Jangpura Extension, a traditional Indian middle class neighbourhood. It is, for Indian standards, calm; yet, it's only a 5 minutes walk to a local market where you can get all products and services you can possibly think of (groceries, tailor, bank, post office, restaurants, etc.). The rest of Delhi is also very accessible: Jangpura metro station is only a 10 minutes cycle rickshaw ride or 5 minutes by car away. Most place in Delhi can be reached within 30 minutes by auto rickshaw or by car.

If I should come back to Delhi in the future, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank holzapfelkreut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mussoorie
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed for two nights with eight students who were with me. The first thing I noticed was good communication via walkie talkies amongst all the employess. Also since I was with students I felt that this hotel which was basically a very large spread out colonial type house was "SAFE". Mr. Inder and his father the owners are very gracious and take care of your personal needs with great interest. The staff are also very helpful and eager to help. The "chicken tikka roll" is a must for all non-vegetarians. This place is true value for your money!

Room Tip: The rooms near the garden are the preferred ones.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We landed in the chaos of Delhi with 3 young kids. The hotel staff gave us an excellent service from room service to coming with me to buy a local sim card. Inder the hotel manager is a great resource about Delhi and helped us above and beyond with transportation and information.
In addition to all the pricing of the room and services was more then fair. Highly reccomanded.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for one month at Hotel Kabli and it was actually painful to leave! Inder and his father whom I called "Uncle" are such generous, kind and gentle people that they felt more and more like friends and family over time. They would offer me rides to the metro station everyday on my way to my internship office and even help me with little things like getting my ring resized, dry cleaning, etc. The hotel is well known in the neighbourhood as it has been around for more than 40 years; I never had any problems getting a rickshaw home in this neighbourhood!

And what a great neighbourhood it was. The hotel is just down the street from Bhogal Market, which has everything you can think of and at the cheapest prices in Delhi. It is a completely local area and you will never be charged foreigner prices. We did all our groceries, laundry, drycleaning, tailoring etc here. Not far away is Jangpura Market where there is a McDonalds, a great restaurant called Barbeque Nation and an excellent kulfi place.

Our room was on the first storey of the main building facing the street. Inder apologised at some point, saying it wasn't one of the nicer rooms, but we had no idea what he was talking about. We loved it because it was spacious, charming and took you back in time to the colonial era, for that is the style of the building - whitewashed walls and pillars, tall windows, wooden beams in the ceiling. At night, you could feel a slight rumble from the railway track nearby and the gentle roar of the trains. We had large windows looking out onto green trees that conveniently blocked the view of the main road and provided shade when the sun was strong. It was very peaceful.

Even the boys working at the hotel were very kind. They were always ready to help us with anything. Often without any prompting, we would be asked if we needed bottles of water, and whether we needed someone to come in and swat some insects. One of them makes the best paranthas ever, which we often had for our lunch. At 70 rupees, you get two delicious paranthas, yoghurt, butter and a cup of chai served to your room.

When it was time to leave, I felt like I was moving out of my home and actually felt a pang of sadness. I've stayed at at least 8 different hotels during my entire stay in India, and I would highly recommend Hotel Kabli to anyone coming to Delhi, especially for those who need a longer term stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank krysoberyl
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I would like to thank Inder, his Father and all the staff at Hotel Kabli for their kindess, help and hospitality during our stay. We arrived after a long night flight and were very pleased with our room. The room was a good size, simple and clean with AC and everything we needed. The hotel is quiet and has a lovely calm garden. A great place to return to after a hectic day in Delhi and in a nice area to walk around. The food is fantastic!
Inder and his team helped us to organised our day in Delhi, suggesting places to visit and dropping us at the Metro and also at the station. Hotel Kabli is close to Nizamuddin train station, which was perfect for us. We are staying here again on our way back home.
A great place to stay and good value for money.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire B
Inder Beer Sing... k, Manager at Hotel Kabli, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Maam,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Kabli as your choice of stay on your visit to New Delhi.I'm glad you were happy with your Experience with us.
I also appreciate the fact that you choose to stay with us on your way back ending your journey in India.It personally meant a lot to me.Heart felt thank you.It feels nice when Customers come back and leave with a smile.

Thanks

Warm Regards

Inder Kabli
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed 20 September 2012

it was my second time stayed in Hotel Kabli about one week, The hotel team was brilliant with their hospitality, we had wonderful journey there, the place was so secure, near to the city, clam, beside the shops. We could find any time of food their and had another opportunity that we could cook ourselves our foods. Inder and his family was so nice to customers, they were helpful and friendly the other staff behavior were so positive and friendly, I can't express enough just how helpful and friendly they were during the time i was spent in Delhi , they guide places the i needed, booking of taxis, address of shopping malls and even the workers did some basic shopping help for me like buying SIM card water and etc.....
Inside hotel the views are like wow, beautiful garden with flowers, chairs for sitting in garden ,kitchen and etc....
I'm gladly thankful of Mr. Inder, his family and staff , and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again with my family and friends and i thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Delhi at reasonable price and great hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana P
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed for one week at Hotel Kabli and I can't express enough just how helpful and friendly Inder and his family were.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and i thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a decent place to stay in Delhi at an affordable price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple