“excellent and affordable hotel.”
Review of Hotel Kabli

Hotel Kabli
Ranked #29 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
“excellent and affordable hotel.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had a fabulous stay at kabli. Staff is excellent. And food is great too and not much costly. Excellent sitting area in hotel. Very pleasing ambience. Well connected to nearby spots. Market nearby. U can easily get transport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Nice Hostel in delhi near Metro Station jaipur. Owner and staff were extremly friendly and helpful. Felt very safe and welcome. Rooms are quite basic bit clean. Lovely garden!
Overall great value for money!

• Stayed May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I used to live in India so I have a lot of experience with the cultures, hotels, etc. Hotel Kabli is a superstar! It sits in, what is for India, a quiet residential area. The hotel is a compound with walls, gate, and controlled access. There is a garden area which is central to the compound making it idea for families with children. Your children can safely play in the garden area alone. Mr. Indu and his father speak fluent English and are the most accommodating hosts I have ever met. The rooms are comfortable. The lovely, clean rooms feature consistent power and water supply, aircon, fan, tv, clothing cupboard, desk, fridge, good lighting, attached bathroom with shower, sink, and Western toilet. I slept well and felt peaceful and secure. The hotel has room service delivery menu at reasonable prices. The Jangpura metro is about 5 minutes away by autorickshaw or 10 mins by cyclerick. Some people walk to the metro in 15 minutes time, but in summer it is too hot for me to walk anywhere. Lajpat Nagar, a fantastic place to buy woman's clothing and dress materials, is 10 minutes away by car and on the metroline. All of the good reviews I read about this place were true. They fog for mosquitoes and provide an in room machine to ward them off. I travel to Delhi twice each year for shopping. This will be my new go-to hotel for all of my trips to Delhi. It is simply a fantastic place for a safe, comfortable, friendly, home-like stay with superb hosts. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and try as hard as I can, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this gem of a hotel. It was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Worldtraveler200841
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel Kabli for over a week.
Before our arrival we exchanged with Inder, the son's owner, to arrange for a taxi pick-up. Email responses were prompt and taxi waiting for us as expected.
The hotel is centrally located in Jungpura. The rooms we stayed in opened to the couryard.
We felt quite priviledge waking up and having breakfast in the garden area.
Inder, his father and the entire staff are very welcoming and make a big effort to assist you during your stay in Dehli. They will recommend restaurants, markets and will assist you with taxi booking.
Certaily one of the best place we stayed in India. And one I would recommend for a budget stay when arriving to India.
Look forward to our next stay at Hotel Kabli.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 May 2014

It is very difficult to write a review about this "hotel" as my stay was a nightmare and everyone else here seems to be very pleased. The only explanation I can think of is that I don't belong to the target group of this place. It was my first stay at a budget accommodation since over 10 years. I stayed there for 6 nights while I was looking for an apartment for myself in Delhi. As I had recently had a lot of expenses I wanted to save in accommodation but it was not a good idea.
My arrival seemed to cause confusion, probably because I was dropped there in a diplomatic car and my boss who was helping me with the luggage seemed completely out of place.
I don't know if there are different standard rooms in this establishment but both two rooms where I stayed where absolutely disqusting. Everything was very filthy. I would not cost too much for the hotel to clean up their rooms properly and it would already give a lot better impression. I requested to move from the first room as there were a lot of cockroaches. In the another one I saw a mouse. The privacy was very poor. The curtain did not cover the whole window so you could easily see inside the rooms from outside.
After getting to know more areas in Delhi I would not recommed staying in Jangpura. It is a mess and does not offer many services. Also the transportation is problematic. There is a lot of noise in the area like dogs barking and trains whistling.
Service was friendly. It seems that the owners befriend their guests and that is the reason why they keep getting so good reviews. I ordered food from the room service three times. The food was the only positive thing about the hotel, it was cheap and tasty. However, once I found a piece of rubber band in my malai kofta portion. The next day I had palak paneer and got Delhi Belly. Of course I don't know exactly where I got it from but it must have had something to do with the hygiene of the place.
Don't stay at Hotel Kabli if you can afford better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TroubledAditi
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My first morning in India, & I was very apprehensive, but the owners & staff of the Hotel Kabli soon put me at my ease.
Over the three days I stayed, Inder Kabli & his father Beera helped me with my many queries, giving me a lift to the metro on two occasions.
Inder is always busy making improvements to the hotel, which was originally the Kabli's family home, so there is a genuine affection for it's maintenance.
Excellent location, great free wifi.
I must single out the food for special mention; it was excellent, as was the service.
I found all members of staff to be polite & considerate.
I very much enjoyed my stay at Hotel Kabli, & would not hesitate to stay again.

Good luck & good health to all at Hotel Kabli!

Best wishes,

Dermot (from Ireland)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at Hotel Kabli for about two weeks and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Inder and his family were very responsive to any inquiry that I had and the room service food was really delicious (and quite reasonably priced). My only complaints were that I had some issues with the water supply in the afternoons on occasion which could make showering a bit tricky. Also, it could be quite loud in the mornings. But for the price, and particularly for folks who want to stay in the Jangpura area, Hotel Kabli is a solid choice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo