“Service and food good but isolated and under construction”

Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka
Ranked #46 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Service and food good but isolated and under construction”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel has huge potential, and I had a pleasant enough stay but there seem to be some issues that they are having maybe due to being new or isolated (there is nothing anywhere near the hotel). During the stay there was a wifi outage (not great but not devastating) and then a water outage. Food was good and the service excellent from the duty manager especially in organising a lightning turnaround on my suit which needed to be dry cleaned. I think once the hotel is is fully finished (quite a bit of updates going on including the pool area) has the potential to be a great place for a business layover. It is further from the airport than I expected, about 40 minutes. Won't put me off Radisson as all my other experiences have been great - but for the money this one needs to fix its teething problems.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback. We are grateful for appreciating the hotel, especially the overall appeal and services.

Have made good note regards your feedback about the water supply and internet connectivity in the room. We shall review the design elements and incorporate any changes we can to help enhance the utilities in the room. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Manas Krishnamoorthy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at this property around the last week of Aug. 2013. This was my second stay here, through a booking made on makemytrip.com. Check-in was slow, I had to wait for about 20 mins around 3pm since the room was not yet ready. There was some confusion about the room blocking, according to the front office staff. What was most shocking was another Guest walked in to my room around 5 pm even as I was having a nap. It was so disgustimg that the hotel guys had to do this. When I called the front office, they threw a fit and apologised but remained defensive. The situation was not handled well in my opinion. I was so frustrated that I wanted to vacate the hotel immediately. Later upon insisting more than 3 times, I was connected to their GM, who profusely apologised for the breach of privacy and assured better service in future.
Room service was quick, food was tasty but expensive for what they provide, probably due to high taxes.
While vacating, the fromt office staff offerred me a refund of room rate, or a complimentary night of stay, which I politely declined.
Although it is a one off case, such a breach of privacy should not have occurred in a 5 Star Hotel...

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TheShriram
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, and for speaking with me during your stay with us. As I have committed, I assure you that I shall address this personally with the seriousness it deserves with our Heads of Departments.

Look forward to welcoming you back, and to meeting with you in person on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here one night in between flights. Although it is in kilometers not that far from the airport, it sure is in Delhi traffic. It took us about 45 minutes. The hotel is surrounded by absolutely nothing, so do not plan on going outside. If that is not your intention, this hotel is just fine.
We had a standard room, it was very clean en nicely decorated. The architecture of the hotel is very special, built around the atrium. There were 2 restaurants and a bar. Food is pretty expensive compared to the room rate, but then again it is better than going outside, and food quality is good! Breakfast was also good, lots of choices.
Staff was helpful and accommodating, and the pool is nice to relax and kill some time.
We were on a evening flight the second day, so the free late checkout (6 pm) was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alexharr
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and selecting our hotel for your stay. We are grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, especially the room cleanliness, breakfast & terrace pool. Thank you for recommending Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that we have just launched world class retail brands in the Soul City shopping mall for an in-house shopping experience and shall be very soon welcoming guests at our brand new Spa .

Feedback such as yours reaffirms our commitment to deliver superior guest experiences and I thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Made a visit to the hotel last week with my family n friends for SUN brunch. Good hotel undoubtedly with great food with options & spread with the taste liked by all.Restaurant is cozy & good place to dine out with service & hospitality at the best.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 81Abhishek
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Spring, our all-day dining restaurant, for our signature Sunday Brunch. We are grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, especially the dining experience, service and hospitality. Thank you for recommending the cuisine at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.

I would also like to invite you to try our other fantastic culinary offering – Rice, the oriental fine-dine, and Zeppelin, our aviation theme bar, for the best cocktails .We shall be very soon welcoming guests at our upcoming Indian specialty fine-dine restaurant – Dvar.

Feedback such as yours encourages us to deliver superior guest experiences and I thank you for taking the time to share this with fellow guests.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Let me start by saying I love India and how ramshackle constructions abound and seem to work (most of the time). This hotel is an example of throwing something together and hoping. Plywood doors that are deteriorating after only a year, bare electrical wires in wet areas including the showers, broken tiles in the driveway, and most worryingly a fire escape that leads to a dead end in the basement are reasons why this hotel should be avoided. I have emailed Radisson headquarters with these concerns and received a pretty limited response. The staff were OK but took 20 minutes to find my booking, the restaurant and shop areas are slightly better than half finished and the hotel is a surprisingly long journey from the airport and in the middle of nowhere. I am sure the management is trying but compared to other new hotels I stayed in on the same trip, I dont think they will ever make the grade.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank dkreview
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I have taken note of your detailed feedback, and do regret the inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that I shall address this personally with the seriousness it deserves with our Heads of Departments.

Feedback such as yours goes a long way in helping us enhance our services, and I thank you for taking the time to share this with us. I urge you to treat this as an isolated deviation from our usual high standards of service, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make up for this unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

First thing--Dwarka is a bad location. I stayed here for the proximity to my office; there is really nothing else out here, so you shouldn't consider this location for leisure travel. Clearly nothing the hotel can do about that, and with the metro and amount of construction I saw the scene could be very different in a few years.

The rooms are well appointed and very clean. The gym is also quite nice.

Everything is overpriced. You can get a good deal on the lodging, but the average food is expensive compared to nice restaurants in Delhi, and laundry service is about twice as expensive as my dry cleaning in San Francisco. Captive market though--there's nothing close by so you're sort of stuck.

I arrived at night and needed to press a shirt and pants for work the next day. I plugged in the iron and as soon as I hit the steam button it produced a disgusting, chemical sort of odour. I called the staff and their solution was to come try it for themselves--in my room, adding to the problem. My description wasn't sufficient to warrant just changing it out on the off chance I wasn't making it up I guess. They also decided that "Don't push this button" (the steam button) was an appropriate solution, so I had to escalate it again. Very disappointing process for something as simple as getting a new iron.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SteveK-SF
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback. We are grateful for appreciating the hotel, especially the room and gym .

Have made good note regards your feedback about the in room iron. We shall review the same and incorporate any changes we can to help enhance the in room offerings. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and your patronage.

We have recently added world class shopping options in the Soul City mall for a unique shopping experience and our Spa will soon be ready to welcome guests.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Good hotel service is good.Rooms are clean housekeeping is good Breakfast has varied selection of Indian and Western food.Decor of the hotel is nice.Only problem with this hotel is the location.Due to the terrible Delhi traffic jams getting anywhere takes a longtime including to the airport,worse if it rains.If you are going for an appointment or even to the airport make sure you leave very early.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback. We are grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, especially the breakfast, decor & food. Thank you also for endorsing Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.