“Good hotel.”

Ranked #47 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
new delhi
“Good hotel.”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I checked in in the evening and straight away asked for a late checkout and was permitted to stay until 1600 hrs. Although the room key was not working , the amenities in the room were limited and
only for one person while we were two in the room, but ignoring these operational issues it was ok.
We were given a room on the 5th floor and the size was great. Nice interiors although i felt the lighting was not adequate.
The pool was well maintained with a nice deck. The service at the pool was very slow probably because Spring the coffee shop was catering to it and was at the other end of the hotel.
The beds were too soft for my liking and both of us could not sleep well.
The breakfast buffet was fair and the service was quick.
Would'nt mind staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aditya07
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback. We are grateful for appreciating the hotel, especially the pool and breakfast

Have made good note regards your feedback about the in room amenities & service. We shall review the same and incorporate any changes we can to help enhance the hotel offerings. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and your patronage.

We have recently added world class shopping options in the Soul City mall for a unique shopping experience and our Spa is now ready to welcome guests.

Manas Krishnamoorthy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
India
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The staff is courteous. There was a hot water issue in bathroom, which was sorted out once we bought it to there notice, but however I feel that they should have checked the room ,i.e. if the room is fully functional, before we were alloted the room. The ground floor had some construction going on which should have been obscured from view. Will need to improve inorder to be called a Radisson property!
Over all the stay was satisfactory because of courteous staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Amer S

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I have taken note of your feedback, and do regret the inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that I shall address this personally with the seriousness it deserves with our Heads of Departments. Thank you for appreciating our team

Look forward to welcoming you back, and to meeting with you in person on your next visit.

Monterey, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Rice...A very very good Thai and Chinese restaurant. The food is fresh and authentic. Rice's chefs have created a wide range of great dishes with great ingredients. The atmosphere and service are top shelf. This is real Chinese and Thai not an interpretation.

Next door is the Spring restaurant with good and ever changing selections from the buffet or menu items for all interests. The appetizer area is a wonderful place to start. The atmosphere is easy and comfortable.

Cool off with a drink at the Zeppelin Bar. Smokers will enjoy the separate lounge area. Private booth chairs, tables and bar seating welcome all customers to the environment the moment requires.

Dwarka's locals should come out and try this fresh experience.

Room Tip: Interior atrium views and exterior street views both are interesting.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MRY_USTraveler
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very encouraging feedback. We are grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, especially the restaurants and bar. Thank you also for recommending Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that we shall very soon be launching world class Spa for an in house wellness experience.

Feedback such as yours reaffirms our commitment to deliver superior guest experiences and I thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I checked in for the night on my way out. Nothing really to complain about, good clean rooms same class as any 4 star hotel. Well lit lobby, the bar service was good as was the breakfast with a decent spread. Nice place to have a good nights sleep and definitely value for money. I would for sure stay there again. It took 25 minutes to both 1D(onwards) and Terminal 3 international(going out) so did not have to rush. There are cheap taxi services available from the hotel so no need to take the more expensive hotel airport drop which is a big saving(and no need to go to the road looking for the taxi, the bell gets you the cheap black and yellow to the doorstep).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MohanGK
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, especially the hotel interiors and breakfast experience. Thank you also for recommending Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.

South Pole
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Did I mention this place is noisy? They have a ballroom for wedding parties which pretty much opens up onto the central atrium which goes all the way up to the roof . The rooms are arranged around the atrium (prison style). The atrium itself is beautifully tiled, marble and that kind of stuff, providing fantastic acoustics and ensuring that anything that is whispered at reception level can be heard up on the top floor. It's truly great, if you don't like to sleep anyway and are into Indian wedding music.

I actually like music. I've got a decent sound system at home and like to play a bit of music. A bit of loud Red Hot Chili Peppers never fails to cheer me up (especially Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan stuff, although Californication is not bad either. But I digress, you don't need to know this). But on the odd chance that I get the opportunity to indulge in this guilty pleasure, I make sure it's during the day so as not to disturb my neighbours. I'm a considerate kinda guy, you know. My neighbours have small kids. They need their sleep.

This hotel - uh uh. They don't do that. The wedding parties begin late in the evening and last well into the night, until around 1am or thereabouts, ensuring maximum sleep disruption for their weary non-wedding party guests. And if you complain, the staff look non-plussed, almost as if to say "what's up, don't you like the music?" (to which the answer would be yes I do, but I like my sleep as well).

The bell boy proudly told me that during November December, there are wedding parties every night. Now (September) there are not so many (though there still was one every night of my stay). I told him I would make sure never ever to come back.

Being unnecessarily nice, I didn't actually complain about the noisy parties until the third night of my stay here (the first night I was jetlagged and zonked out anyway, the second night too tired from a long day's work). When I did complain the front desk weren't happy with me. They grudgingly agreed to switch me to another room but the room they gave me still had the ceiling vibrating with the party noise and a broken waterpipe in the stairwell next to my room made it sound as though I was sleeping next to Niagara Falls. I complained again and they shifted me again, with wry smiles on their faces, to a suite. And that's nice, you know, but they were treating it as something for which I should be deeply grateful. There was no apology, no sorry, no acknowledgement that, yes, it was quite noisy.

I haven't even told you about the other issues with the hotel. The drilling overhead during dinner. The building works. The water that doesn't get hot. The wifi that comes and goes. The ... oh I can't be bothered to tell you. Just don't stay here.

Radisson HQ: send an inspector around and do something about this place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank traveling-light88
Manas_Krishnamoorthy, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka, responded to this review, 10 September 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I have taken note of your detailed feedback, and do regret the inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that I shall address this personally with the seriousness it deserves with our Heads of Departments.

Feedback such as yours goes a long way in helping us enhance our services, and I thank you for taking the time to share this with us. I urge you to treat this as an isolated deviation from our usual high standards of service, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make up for this unpleasant experience.

India
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Radisson Blu dwarka near the metro station, is one of the best in Dwarka. Not far from the airport , Radisson Blu has beautiful rooms , well furnished and with a good view. The lower level of the hotel is well landscaped and has a shopping arcade. The restaurants are at the lobby level and host excellent food. The banquet halls are also very good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jawahar4
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very encouraging feedback. We are grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, especially the location and rooms. Thank you also for recommending Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Dwarka.

bombay
Reviewed 1 September 2013

i had reviewed the property prior and my review was not published, due to straight forward comments, however this time i again write a comment. the lack of co ordination amongst staff, housekeeping in efficient and salty water in the wash room. being a club carlson member i expected the standard to improve from my stay in march 2013 to my stay in august 2013 but we were not pleased. hope the service lives upto the expectations of valued guests.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business