“Cheap, clean, cosy and welcoming!”
Review of Hotel The Spot

Hotel The Spot
Ranked #100 of 1,069 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Cheap, clean, cosy and welcoming!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Had an absolutely brilliant 2 nights at this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and modern. The staff were brilliant, couldn't do enough for you. They sorted out taxis and a day tour of the city for me, and are also known for helping people plan the rest of there journeys in India. That's customer service. There was a problem with the hot water though it was more warm than hot, but apart from that it's a must stay for a cheap couple of nights!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay at The Spot. The rooms were clean and modern and very comfortable! Mainly however, Pulkit is so so helpful and helped us plan a lot of our trip, absolutely legend! Overall, definitely would recommended it to other young backpackers.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this place specifically because it said it had hot water, that was the only thing I cared about. The water was tepid at best so I was hugely disappointed. Small thing but I asked for a standard double and was given a twin.

The guys when booking were great, they gave advice and helped my with onward transport. And liaised with me via email before my arrival. Really friendly. My room was clean the location is great if you are just in New Delhi to transit. They very kindly kept my luggage all day as I had a late train and then allowed me to loiter in the evening or a few hours before I had o leave for my train. Good room service, fast and efficient laundry service and really friendly staff.

To be honest no matter what time you arrive in this area there are people vying for your custom so I'm not sure it's worth booking ahead unless you are going to arrive late and alone and tired in which case this place is a good one but I feel a little overpriced.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Lubeck, Germany
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Staying in this Hotel was not the best choice ever. Yes, the rooms were clean, but the 1st one we got was dark like in a coffin, due to missing windows.
The way to the hotel is also quiet adventurous coz you've to pass a public urinal in a narrow steet. Welcome to Delhi!
The Travel Desk is helpful - though a little overpriced.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

What else can you ask for with a budget hotel in New Delhi? Hotel The Spot really met my expectations. It can be difficult to find safe and decent budget accommodation in New Delhi so for 1200 rupees this was perfect. Toast and chai tea included in the morning. The only downside s the entrance is down the side of an ally that allot of men go down to pee in other then that it was a great choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great location for everyone that wants to see real India and don't mind some noise. Rooms were clean and modern. Pulkit who owns the place was super helpful organising all the trips and hotels for us in most of the places we visisted. He even rang to make sure everything is ok after we moved to the other city and hotel. He made us feel a lot safer in India and made our experience not only in The Spot hotel really plesant. At the end we got some good bye presents. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
REDDITCH
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked this hotel as it looked like most the others had bogus reviews and I was worried if this did too.
I was collected from the airport and taken directly to the hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive. Rooms were clean and there was hot water between 7 and 11am. Other times were available on request.However, I found that there was not always hot water but wait 1/2 hour and there usually was. TV worked well. Wifi worked well in the rooms and there is free internet too. There is not a restaurant but the breakfast is delivered to your room. They do get on your nerves asking if you want laundry doing every time you enter / exit hotel. And yes I was wearing clean clothes everyday !

Room Tip: Stayed in two rooms 17 (i think and 25). 17 was more expensive but was newly refurbished. Modern ba...