“Great place”
Review of Hotel The Spot

Hotel The Spot
Ranked #77 of 1,101 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Thank you Pulkit for your great help. Booking trains in india is still a mystery for me. We spent our first nights of our travel through india here. After a long journey a perfect place to relaxe and get things sorted out for further trips. Staff members a very kind. The bed is comftable, the bathroom clean and the breakfast coffee strong enough to get satred in the morning.
Hope to see you again and all the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel The Spot

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel itself is nothing flash but Pulkit (hotel manager) was absolutely brilliant, he organised all of our trains and internal flight and he made our trip stress free so a big thank you to Pulkit!!

Pulkit also arranged a day tour around the main sights of Delhi and arranged a taxi from the airport and another taxi to the train station when we left. Staff were pleasant and helpful at all times so another thank you to them, if I go to Delhi again I would definitely stay at Hotel the Spot!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean F
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Location is excellent - ATM, food stalls, market stalls, conveniences all just steps away. It is down a VERY quiet alley also. Never once got the pressure sales for excursions. Got a great shave and haircut around the corner. And the shop across the alley makes the most excellent mocha drinks. With the choice of about 800 places to stay in this area, I can't really say much about the place versus others with the exception of the staff. And I do mean exception. I arrived for my second stay over 13 hours late due to train delays. They could have, but did not, charge me for the night I had booked but missed. Then I checked emails and discovered that my mum had passed while I was on that train. The staff went out of their way for me until I was able to depart. I felt like they were the family I was without for those long 36 hours until departure. The owner even let me use his personal wifi stick for better reception while communicating home to Canada. I was comforted by all of them. And after having been subjected to the usual Indian high pressure tactics and sales pitches around the country, it was a welcome relief just to be treated with respect and genuine concern. Although it was a rough time for me as a lone traveler, it tipped the scales. I have already made plans to return to India, and I (actually WE this time) WILL be staying here again. I would gladly pay twice the price in return for how I was treated. The Spot deserves it. It will be the only choice for accommodations in New Delhi for me. I would like to extend my personal thanks to everyone there who helped me through a brief but very lonely time.

Room Tip: There is some noise from motorcycles in rooms facing the alley; beginning at daybreak. It may be a n...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank spectrequill2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here a couple of nights when I first arrived in Delhi.

The room was fine nothing special but at the price it was I really can't complain.
The staff are friendly and it is in the middle of Pahar Ganj. Everything worked in the room
unfortunately you have to pay a large sum to get the WIFI password but they let me use
one of the computers in the lobby for free whenever I needed it.

I had a big problem trying to find this place. No one knew where it was as there must be over a thousand small hotels in Pahar Ganj many of which are on tiny corridors. I spent about 2 hours looking for the place and was about to give up and find another hotel when i eventually found it.

If you book here you MUST make sure you get good directions.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The location is super central (and hard to find as it is in a small side street), as the Main Bazar is the place to be for backpackers (lots of foreigners walking around). Therefore it's not dangerous (despite pickpockets maybe), but stressful as many "hello my friend" people try to hassle you.

Our room was small and dark, as there was no real window. But is was clean and the bed was comfortable. Shower was cold (but we didn't ask why) and as usual not separated from the rest of the bathroom. I guess it's ok for Delhi standards. We paid Rs. 1080 (Rajasthan is cheaper of course) and took non-ac - totally sufficient as the room already was cool on its own.

There are tons of staff people, but two who actually run the place and they are really helpful. But go through the final bill carefully to not pay more than you have to.

!!!New Delhi Railway Station is close (400m) - go there to the !1. Floor! INSIDE the railway station to book your train ticket, as there is the one and only TRUE Tourist Office!!! You save much money compared to what they offer you in the Hotel or where the people in the Bazar want to take you!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Chrisdine90
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Was in Delhi in early March looking for a cheap place to crash for the weekend so I could meet up with some friends visiting India for a week. The Spot fulfilled this role perfectly. I paid around 400 rupees a night and got a clean room with a working fan, clean bathroom and great service. They even let my friends get rooms at very short notice and were very great about the whole stay.

Only complaint is the TV kept going in and out. Not that that is a big deal, but it is annoying to watch 2 minutes of a movie, then a minute of fuzz, then 2 more minutes of a movie etc.

All in all, for its location so close to CP I have to say The Spot is a very good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two days and it got booked by make my trip. We stayed in the ground floor where there is no lock in the bath room. When we asked the hotel manager, he replied that he cant do anything and the way he replied was so arrogant. Even you choose to stay, dont pay for breakfast because they will not provide you as agreed. Also bet you will not be able to go in the in the road to hotel because of urine smell. Totally its not the hotel to stay for family people and I had bad experience with the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family