“A single female backpackers experience in Delhi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel The Spot

Hotel The Spot
Ranked #94 of 1,053 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London
“A single female backpackers experience in Delhi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had one week to kill in Delhi before flying home after a long trip and was really nervous about being female and alone in Delhi but Pulkit, the manager there, helped sort out a tour for me (that meant I got to see Jaipur, Agra and Varanasi in just one week) - which was safe and good value! He arranged for someone to meet me at every destination, he got one guide to buy a train ticket so that he could accompany me to the platform and know that I was on the train safely, he even got one of the guys there to walk me to and from a restaurant on my first night. Above and beyond good service, I would definitely recommend to anyone travelling alone or feeling nervous about the craziness of India.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank FC242424

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My experience staying at this hotel started with myself getting into trouble with a scam taxi and calling the hotel lost and stressed and Pulkit, the super helpful owner coming to collect me in a taxi from where i was lost in Delhi! This extremely helpful service with a smile continued the whole 5 nights i stayed there. The staff really go out of their way to help you and make everything as easy as possible for you, Pulkit recommended hotels where i was going afterward, called friends for favours, and just in general really tried to make my stay both in Delhi and in their hotel as enjoyable as possible.

I traveled alone and felt very comfortable and safe at this hotel, i even managed to get very sick one night, the night staff took care of me, bringing me water, and ended up having to take me to a hospital at 4am with no complaint. All in all this hotel and its staff made my somewhat troublesome stay in Delhi a lot better, they really helped me out a lot.
Also the rooms were really clean with comfortable beds and fast wifi.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, traveling alone or not. You will surely be greeted with a warm smile at the door and feel at home from the first second.
My highest recommendation!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Pulkit, the owner of the hotel, is friendly and extremely helpful. While my booked tickets were in waiting list, thanks to Pulkit, helped me arrange train tickets for my whole trip at a good price. He upgraded my tickets from Sleeper Class, which will be a nightmare to stay if you travel in long distance. He also kept me from getting scam by reminding me the do's and dont's.
The staffs were friendly, and we spent a good time watching world cup together :)

The hotel is located in the Main Bazar, extremely convenient to travel via metro or train. It was the best place to stay in Delhi if you are in budget.
I would definitely stay there again. Thanks Pulkit.

Pulkit 真的友善和肯幫忙。我預先訂好的火車還在候補名單時,Pulkit幫我安排好所有的車票,全都有好的時間和價錢。他還教我如何避免被當地人詐騙。員工都很友善,我們還一齊看世界杯 :)
酒店的地點德里的核心地帶,去地下鐵站或火車站都非常方便。如果再去德里,我一定會選這間酒店。謝謝Pulkit。

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at Hotel the Spot for a month and a half last summer and recently again for two weeks. Not too much has changed since my last visit, which is, of course, a good thing. The service is and always has been great. The owner, Pulkit, helped me considerably in getting a phone and even calling brokers so I could get an apartment in another part of Delhi. Customers won't have any services pressed upon them that they don't ask for, which I know can be a problem at other hotels in Paharganj.

Speaking generally, I've found the quality of rooms here to have improved slightly since my last stay. Hot water is more accessible than I remember, and I didn't have any issues with the air conditioning malfunctioning or cutting short. The beds in both the non-AC and AC rooms are all large and comfortable and kept clean for visitors checking in. Hotel the Spot is the kind of place I'll book from each and every time I arrive in Delhi and stay for one night or one month.

You can see from other recent reviews that I'm by no means alone in having such a high opinion of this establishment and its staff. If you want a nice stay in Delhi with no strings attached, Hotel the Spot is definitely worth your while. It's located down a short alley right off Paharganj's Main Bazar road, in an area that's quiet throughout the night. You might have trouble finding the exact location if it's your first time in India, but they offer pickup for customers arriving to the airport.

From the hotel, you can easily get to bars and local and public transportation for visiting touristic attractions in Delhi. The yellow line for the Metro and Airport Express are just on the other side of the railway, and the blue line is farther down the street at the end of Main Bazar (about ten minutes walking).

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stayed in have been great. If it's your first time coming to India and yo...
2 Thank RYJFA
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My good experience of this hotel began with my reservation.A flawless pickup from the hotel at 3am I was settled and in my room in no time.The next morning I received a call from the manager Pulkit asking if I would like breakfast ,which was then delivered to my room.
The rooms are clean and large and very comfortable with your own television and telephone.
What stands out about this hotel is the customer service and the professionalism and friendliness of the manager Pulkit who was always willing to help in every situation.
Pulkit helped us to organise our 12 day trip around the Golden Triangle and provided value for money and a safe and great service.For a small price we had a personal driver in an air conditioned car.No hassle and no stress.On our return to Delhi we were welcomed back to The Spot with smiling faces.
Hotel the Spot receives my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Depending on the time of year you travel ask for an air conditioned room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Livvyinthestars
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Spot became our base throughout our ventures in India. We stayed a total of 4 nights there between trips to the golden triangle, Nepal, and Rishikesh. The reasons were simple: good rooms, great service. Pulkit, who ran the show with class, did all he could to ensure our stay in India was incredible. Upon arrival, head still spinning from our first exposure to Delhi, Pulkit calmly and clearly talked over our options for traveling around India. He was very transparent and insightful with his advice and recommendations, and was able to put together a great plan for us. He booked all the train tickets (great seats) and recommended very good hotels along the way. He was also full of useful advice and very reassuring about general difficulties you may encounter while traveling in India. As we did pretty minimal research before coming we were very lucky to have found "The Spot". I would recommend this hotel to any traveler who would like to acclimatize to New Delhi, and find someone informed and trustworthy to help you make sense of madness (good madness) that is traveling in India.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mick S
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Compared to other hotels in New Delhi's tourist-packed Pahar Ganj district, The Spot stands out for a number reasons. Firstly, the service. While The Spot is budget hotel, as reflected in the reasonable prices, it does not scrimp on service. We were extremely impressed at the staff's ability to meet requests promptly, whether they be a bottle of water late at night, or cutlery to eat our fresh mangoes. Best of all was Pulkit, who ensured we got the best out of our time there with his thoughtful and informed suggestions, always delivered with unassuming charm. Thanks Pulkit! As well as the service, the location was nice and central, only a ten-minute walk from the Metro and train station. The rooms were comfortable and good value. Best of all we felt completely safe. ,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends