“great location”

Ranked #86 of 1,086 New Delhi B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“great location”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Wasn't nothin I could discern was afoul with this place. All people were quite friendly and helpful. It was more expensive than I would have liked, but the free breakfast was great and the Wifi was reliable. What else can you ask for? Bigger rooms? Well, yes, but this is in the middle of Delhi so what do you expect? No hot water in my room... but I was used to it after 2 months in India so it was all good. The little kid server guy came to my room and chilled with me a few times.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked in the door Pulkit made sure my stay was amazing, not only did he reply to emails from me in Australia in a matter of half an hour he was full of knowledge of all things India. He never tried to sell tours he was running and never tried to squeeze more money out of me. Pulkit's aim is to keep his customers happy and in return they may return, well it works! Good rooms and good staff are just the beginning I this little gem of a hotel hiding up the alley. Look for the alley opposite the nirvana cafe sign and find a safe haven from the Delhi touts!

• Stayed July 2014
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you are nervous about staying in Parhaganj (the dodgy, backpacker haven of Delhi), then Hotel The Spot will allay your fears with its nicely appointed, well decorated rooms that offer a bit of peace and quiet from the main street. The location is perfect, super close to the train station, a few minutes walk from the metro, with lots of good eateries nearby as well (try ‘Tadka’ and ‘Kathmandu Café’, both excellent choices). The staff were warm and welcoming when we arrived and immediately set us up in our room with some nice cold water bottles. The air-conditioning was an absolute lifesaver (probably a must-have in Delhi during hot seasons), it almost worked too well! The hot water didn’t really work, but if you come in off the streets all hot and sweaty from exploring Dehli, this isn’t really a problem. They also arranged for our hotel pickup, which was great considering our long flight and unwillingness to haggle with the cabbies out the front of the airport. Even if they don’t look like they have the space for it, they DO provide breakfast, (served in your room, ask at reception). The Wi-Fi was some of the best we’ve had yet in India too. Perhaps the best thing about this place was the knowledgeable, friendly young guy at the travel desk. He arrange for our trains to Agra and Jaipur, info on where to eat/shop/what to see, gave us tips about how to deal with the inevitable swarm of tuk-tuk drivers out the front of the hotel, and what the common scams were here – priceless information if you’re new to India. Hotel The Spot is a choice ‘spot’ for your Dehli stay – highly recommened!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our trip to India and would highly recommend it to any backpackers looking for somewhere to start their trip! Pulkit helped us organise all our trains and trips and we felt we could trust him with honest advice and reasonable prices! He also helped us to get Indian SIM cards and activate them. We had a basic room but it was nice and comfy with wifi and a satellite tv. We just had a fan but the room was cool enough. The surrounding area is a bit dirty and busy but fun to explore with lots of hotels around and very close to New Delhi station!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FHC91
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The Spot Hotel is a great place to stay if you are looking for a good, comfortable and cheap hotel. I was traveling through India by myself and Pulkit, the manager, helped me with all the trains and hotels to travel through Rajastan. Definitely this is a great option if you're traveling by your own or if is your first time in India. Pulkit is a very nice he will help you with anything you need. Totally recommended!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Kerala, India
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a nice stay at the Hotel The Spot. Mr.Pulkit an young chap who runs the place gives all the help you need. Was in Delhi for the first time, but spent the time as if we knew all the places because of the help from him. Room was good, but forget the room service. If I return to Delhi, i wont mind going back to the same hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because the hotel I booked was a bit sketchy. So glad I did. Pleasant room for a cheap price! A room with AC, TV, Bathroom? What more could you ask for?

Though my room smelled funny, it was okay for a day in Delhi.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo