“Excellent”

Ranked #44 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a wedding. It is an excellent hotel. The room/bathroom is excellent and is extremely comfortable. It is located only 3 or 4 minutes from Sector 10 metro station and is right near the airport. For business it's great and the metro serves much of the key spots in Delhi, so would also be perfect for other purposes. The restaurant within the lobby is excellent and I recommend the Indian dishes, in particular the tandoori chicken. The other restaurants are also good. The one gripe I had with this hotel was that someone had used the bathroom before I arrived and it took me several attempts before someone sorted this out. On the whole, the service was top notch!! There is a little shopping centre attached to the back of the hotel. It barely has any shops in.

I loved my stay here and would not hesitate to return. Stay here without a second thought.

Room Tip: Brilliant place to stay, near the airport with a metro stop to take you anywhere in Delhi
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank V15H
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

We Thank you for your Valuable comment in Trip Advisor . We are delighted to know that you had an outstanding experience at the hotel and the service provided by the team met to your expectations and made your stay memorable. We acknowledge your feedback regarding bathroom cleanliness. Please be assured that necessary corrective action has been initiated in order to enhance our services. .

We Sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you at WelcomHotel Dwarka.

Regards

Sanjay Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were only stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights and spent a lot of time out of the hotel but it was an excellent base for our stay.

The hotel itself was well presented and clean. Initially when walking to the room I was concerned about the possible noise as the floors are open plan onto a shopping mall below but once in the room there was no ambient noise at all.

Where the hotel particularly excels is in its staff, they were all without exception helpful and friendly from giving directions to the metro, arranging cars, printing paperwork etc. A few didnt have the best english but there was always someone else on hand to help them.

When connecting to their wifi I saw that they offered free connection to their own website, to the ITC Group site and to Starwoods. As an SPG member I therefore simply enquired at the reception if they were part of Starwoods or not and they explained that their luxury hotels were but they were a "business class" hotel and so not however they immediately offered me free access to the lounge and wifi without me asking nor even saying that I had status with SPG.

If there were any gripes to mention they would only be that the room didnt have a full length mirror or any mirror outside of the bathroom which wasnt an issue for me but caused my wife some challenges when trying to get ready for a party/ apply makeup etc. The other was that the hotel "bar" is set up to be a nightclub 3 nights of the week with a live DJ but TVs showing different music videos. When we arrived we were the only customers there at 10:30 and when we left at around 1pm only 1 other couple and one small group had been (and gone). I understand they are trying to establish themselves as a venue but there is always something slightly seedy feeling about being the only people in a nightclub.

Overall an excellent experience in a solid hotel for a good price

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Astaroth1
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

We Thank for your valueable feedback in Trip Advisor, We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to my team and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to 'WelcomHotel Dwarka, where we will make every effort to ensure that you have a pleasant stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Everything about this hotel was of top quality from the moment I arrived. The staff were attentive, helpful and exceptionally friendly, helping me out with everything from understanding the different foods and drinks, helping me correctly put on my sari for the wedding I was attending, to printing out my boarding pass when I left. They could not have done more and at no time did I feel pressured or uncomfortable and as a lady travelling alone that is very much appreciated. There were many individuals I should mention but sadly I can't remember all the names -all the reception staff, Vijay, Anurag, Gita and many others, the restaurant staff in Frontier75, room service and the security people. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable with a number of pillow choices. The bathroom perfect. An enormous selection of food at every meal from simple to exotic. Given the chance I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rosemary B
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

It is great and heartning to read of your experience during your stay with us. I am most delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the food, services and guest facilities during your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Wow!!! An under estimated word for the staying experience had after spending night at one of the best hotels of Delhi i have ever been. Fantastic warm hospitality offered by the staff and amazing ambience and very comfortable room. Looking forward to visit again very soon and share more of my experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

We Thank you for your valueable feedback on Trip Advisor. We are glad that our accommodations and amenities were to your liking and contributed to making your stay more comfortable.We thank you once again and do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Regards,

Chennai
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I'm a Club ITC platinum member and normally used to stay in other ITC properties in Delhi. For a change wanted to try this property and stayed for few nights.

At the time of check in Mr Vikram Chopra - Duty Manager greeted me and treated me like a VIP. The guest relations manager -Ms Meenakshi Dhar who escorted me to the room explained about the dining options available in the hotel in detail with a great smile. The room was quite spacious, the food served at all the three restaurants were delicious and the service was fabulous.

There was an issue relating to happy hours at the bar, but Mr Vikram resolved the issue in no time to my satisfaction. The location of the bar should've been in a different place nearer to the lobby.

Right from the moment I entered the porch, from door man,bell desk,front desk, rooms, service at the restaurants and bar exceeded my expectations. I Strongly recommend this hotel and have decided to stay in this property only for my future visits.

Full credit to Mr Vikram Chopra towards the way he trained and led his team.

Kumaravel

Room Tip: Executive club rooms on the nineth floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kumarct06
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, We are delighted to know that you have appreciated the services of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and would most certainly help us in our "Quest for Quality

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Vikram and Meenkashi and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

We look forward to welcome you back to 'WelcomHotel Dwarka, where we will make every effort to ensure that you have a pleasant stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here as part of a trip to Agra. This was a nice hotel to stay in at a good price. The restaurants are good and the room service was nice. The only disturbance was the staff who called while I was sleeping to see if I was happy with my room and wanted any room service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. I am most delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the food, service and guest facilities during your stay.

Regards,

Cochin
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had visited welcom hotel Dwarka with my friends for a doctors event from the pick up to the check in and till check out it was the smoothiest I have experienced in any conferenice I have attended. The room well done lobby well organised and food i couldnt have asked for more. Had free time in the evening after the conference and Poonam and Roshan explained delhi and best places for shopping for us. I couldnt have asked for anything more than his With Poonam and Roshan Simran was one more gentlemen I would want to say was there to help me and my friends with thing we wanted thank you welcom hotel Dwarka. All the best

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor, We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Poonam, Roshan and Simran and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to WelcomHotel Dwarka, where we will make every effort to ensure that you have a pleasant stay.