“Deserves the 5 stars” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 705 Hotels in New Delhi
Bengaluru, India
“Deserves the 5 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Truly a 5 star experience and value for money. Stayed there in the first week of June when Delhi was reeling under the heat wave. The hotel was pleasant and comfortable and as expected everything was perfect. The food, the service, the amenities all were up to the 5 star standards. The breakfast spread was huge. The only negative thing that i need to mention was the pool was full of pigeon droppings and feathers. This was a huge put off from using the pool.

The location is very near to the airport but not suited for people who want to travel to the city frequently.

Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper floors have a great view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to note that you have appreciated the services of our Hotel and the hospitality displayed by our Associates. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and would most certainly help us in our "Quest for Quality".

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Neha Sharma and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

We assure you our best services and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'.

Sanjay Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Indonesian first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've been to many so called 5-star hotels in India...this one really is 5 stars. It is out of the way if you are doing Delhi tours. But for us, we wanted an escape from the heat and a pool and nice AC room. The staff is excellent. We appreciated the daily calls to make sure all was well. The only downside...the AC did not work so great in the 110F/45C temps during the day...however, somehow it worked at night. The beds are nice, cushy, comfy. The rooms are large and modernly furnished. The Bulgari bath products were awesome. The shower and towels were great. The regular speed WIFI actually worked really good - pretty much all the time. The pool was clean and a nice great break from the heat. (Umbrellas and floaters would be a nice option.) One of the largest surprises was the overall excellent quality of the food preparation and taste at the dinner buffet, yes, the buffet! The breakfast buffet was also a solid choice. All the foods at the buffet were hygienic - not upsetting my sensitive digestive system. We ordered room service one night, it took a couple of tries before all the items on the thali meals items were delivered, but it got done with a 5-star apology, which we appreciated. The room service food was tasty and delicious too. We really enjoyed our stay. The prices were 5 star pricing...however...at least they are delivering the food quality you'd expect.

Room Tip: We opted for the Executive Club option...on a higher floor...it seemed like less family/kid action...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Indore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Biggest advantage is the location.It is located in Dwarka,which is quite near to the T3 terminal.Check-in was smooth,the only problem was the non working printer so they couldn't print the advance money receipt.
Rooms are quite nice..spacious,clean,good accessories.
Had few problems with the old fittings though.Our AC wasn't working properly so had to get it cleaned after check in,there was some filter problem.
The mini bar fridge wasn't working so we had to get it replaced so we could chill our water bottles because they do not give complimentary cold mineral water bottles.I had no comeback to that kind of argument,if the minibar isn't working,how can you serve room temperature water bottles to the guests in Delhi Summers!!But anyways got that sorted.

Amazing staff...courteous..hard working..always smiling...always greeting with namaste..pretty nice overall...Breakfast is amazing...so so many items on the table!!But the mixed paratha isn't upto the mark..South Indian is highly recommended..

We went for a mid night dinner too...good service..good food..served hot!

They need a bigger swimming pool for sure!!
Minibar should have something..atleast water...dere argument was..minibar is filled on pre order which i did not understand!

The mall at the backside is an advantage but there is no multiplex so that's disappointing for guests who want to go for a late night show at the backside mall..

It was my friends birthday and the hotel knew about it..so they did a nice small gesture and gave us a complimentary cake which was really really sweet!

Wifi is not free...which is very very disappointing and the wifi charges are very high...around 675 rs for 24 hours so people wanting to update dere softwares using free wifi will be disappointed..;)

I would like to mention Prashant's name here...he is with the housekeeping team...hardworking guy..always smiling...and what manners!!Thumbs Up!!

Overall a very good experience if we ignore a non working ac,printer and fridge:)stayed dere for 3 nights..recommended for a business traveller looking for a hotel near the airport..

The staff should not expect a tip every time they come to the room..plus its ITC..so not expected..:)

and ya..since itz an ITC..wherz the spa??

Room Tip: We had a pool facing room...pretty nice it was..specially early mornings..
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank varun k
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mr. Guest,

'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I have taken cognizance of your feedback regarding Air-conditioning. Without offering any excuse, I sincerely apologize for the dissonance faced. Please be assured that necessary corrective action has been initiated in order to enhance our services.

Vadodara, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Location:
Located not 'too' far from Delhi Airport, but still during peak traffic takes about 40 minutes to reach the hotel.

Room Stay:
Rooms are done in the normal WelcomHotel style, but ITC standard items such as stationary, writing pad etc. were missing. Noticed this when I had to write a note to my colleague sharing the room with me and couldn't find a piece of paper around. Air Conditioning was poor (am told that there was a power problem) but then, that should have been intimated. We actually checked into a stuffy room with no ventilation and air-con not (hardly?) working. Which also brings me to my next section.

Staff Courtesy and Training:
The bell boy was most helpful. :-) But from there, the downward trend. First, called house-keeping, where we were told maintenance would reach us shortly. No feedback for about 20 minutes, and requested to speak to the Duty Manager. Was told will receive a call-back, but again no call-back for about 10 minutes, when I requested a second reminder to the Duty Manager and thank fully the maintenance person was sent in. Next on the maintenance person mentioned that there was an issue, but in half-an-hour the room would be chilled! Had a tough night, with average air-con, till we reached the coffee shop for breakfast and realised the difference in temperature. The coffee shop was cool, while we were sweating in the room.

I can understand technical glitches, but the concern was lack of ownership. I mean, an acknowledgement that the air-con, is not working and solving the problem, like maybe suggesting placing a table fan in the room, rather than being defensive would have gone a long way. This I believe is something that needs to percolate top-down.

Gym: Ok gym. With some treadmills, cross-trainers, dumb/bar-bells and a weight machine. Nothing else.

Breakfast: Good spread.

WelcomHotel as a brand is amongst the most luxurious hotels, and this too is a good property! However, from this experience, and having been to other ITC WelcomGroup properties, the operations can be managed much better!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ujwal M
Dear Mr. Guest,

'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Hello !! Greetings from Nirmal Jain
I wish to inform that I would like to share my experience of my recent stay at the Welcom Hotel Dwarka Delhi from the 15th June 2014 .
I am very much glad to confirm that this has been one of my best stay as regards to hospitality extended from the hotel .
I wish to thank personally Ms. Neha Sharma from the Welcom Hotel Dwarka of extending towards me the best hospitality on behalf of the hotel and I sincerely appreciate her dedication towards work .
I wish her all the best and good luck in her carrier .
For sure on my next visit to Delhi , I will continue to stay in this hotel always .
I once again appreciate this hospitality and that shall always remain for a guest like me who have always chosen ITC group of hotels in my travel .
I wish all the good luck to the entire team of ITC Group Hotels and this level of hospitality and service always remain .
Thanks & Best Regards
Nirmal Jain

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Nirmajain
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 22 June 2014

Vadodara, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Comfortable, cozy Big spacious rooms. Excellent food and variety. Beds and pillows are very comfortable and clean. Modern design of room, lobby area and foyer is soothing. On the flip side, the hotel looks incomplete at many a spots and are eye sore.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor on the front side. Flights takeoff and landing path to IGI airport is in front g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bavys
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I visited India for my business and I stayed in this hotel from 21 to 23 May for a total of 3 nights. It was a most refreshing experience. I could not have wished for more. The staff were remarkably courteous and very ready to help out with any seeming challenge. Particularly I will commend Ms Nehakaul for her outstanding hospitality I found the room very comfortable, decent and clean. The restaurant was great too. I had a great stay here and will choose it again. I will also recommend this facility.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ground Resource... I

'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Your appreciation has been conveyed to Neha Kaul and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.