“A true experience of Indian culture and food!!”
Review of Gourmet Desire

Gourmet Desire
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jyoti Agarwal - the culinary wiz behind Gourmet Desire, for the last few years, has held exclusive cooking classes in Delhi along with other food and cultural experiences for people visiting Delhi from around the globe. GD offers unique and curated homely experiences which make memories for life. We understand that 'time is money' and no one has leisure hours to spend in the kitchen therefore the idea is to make a delicious wholesome authentic Indian meal in a jiffy. Visit our website today to view our popular itineraries which can also be customized to suit individual requirements. So come sample the sights, sounds and aromas of Delhi with us!
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had been traveling for such a long time and it felt like we had just walked into our family's home. This was an amazing experience. Jyoti and her family welcomed us into their home and really taught us not only how to create great food but also about so much about the culture.

We would highly reccommend cooking classes with jyoti!!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We spent a wonderful few hours with Jayoti learning about Indian cooking, the special and unique ingredients as well as Indian culture. She demystified the process so we could easily replicate dishes at home. Then she took us to a local spice market,where men were grinding some of the spices on the spot and helped guide our purchases. She even rejected products that she deemed were not fresh enough. Finally she gave us other shopping advice that was very helpful. It was a day we'll never forget

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had the pleasure of taking a class at Gourmet Desires during my stay in India last month. Not only was the class itself delicious and informative, but simply meeting Jyoti was one of the highlights of my whole trip. She opens her culinary experience and home to her students, and it really was like I was enjoying dinner and conversation with a friend. My one regret is that I planned this class more towards the end of my trip and not at the beginning. This is an excellent way to spend an evening in Delhi. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This cooking lesson takes place in Jyoti's home. She is very welcoming, friendly and a wealth of knowledge on when and where to buy your food and spices in Delhi. Her lesson was tailored to our needs and she was very open to including and excluding dishes to suit our preferences. We chatted throughout the lesson and enjoyed tea with Jyoti as her family members came and went. It is a lovely environment and we learned a lot about north Indian cooking, most notably that Indian food is not always full of oils, butter and fat. My only criticism is that the space does not allow a more hands on approach. Having spent two months in Delhi I would highly recommend this as a worthwhile activity and an experience to take home.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I only had 2 full days in Delhi before I headed to Nepal for my fieldwork. I love cooking Indian food at home so this was a perfect activity for me. I picked up a bunch of great recipes and techniques that I will be using back home. The food that we cooked was the best food i ate in India, unbelievably good! Jyoti couldn't have been more amenable, she took me on a little sightseeing, to the spice market where I stocked up on dried ingredients to take home, and we ate some fantastic food out, while Jyoti was very interested in what I did for a living, and about my home along with answering any questions I had about India. She also organised a driver for me for the day at a very good price.

I had high expectations for this day, and it met and exceeded everything I had thought. I hope to stopover in Delhi again next time I go on fieldwork and take the level of the class. Couldn't recommend it more!