“THE BEST”

Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We ate here 3 times because it was so good. Extra tasty, convenient to transport, good sized servings, good value for money. And the cheesy music and metallic booths create a unique atmosphere.

1  Thank Michelle G

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I grew up in Calcutta, where I savoured kathi rolls in the 60's from the renouned eatery there known as Nizam's. So, I was curious about what I would find in late 2013 at a place called Nizam's in Delhi's Connaught Place. After a long tiring morning of business and shopping, my wife and I were not disappointed!

The tastefully designed exterior, accented by an abundance of greenery was inviting. Once inside, it was clear that Nizam's Kathi Kabab is a popular establishment. At 2:30 pm, the place was packed, with standing room only. Fortunately, a table for 2 became available within about 5 minutes. After placing our orders, it took only another 15 minutes until they were ready for pick up at the counter.

My wife and I both had egg rolls with potato masala, which proved to be excellent value for Rs. 85 each. The rolls were delicious, and big enough to make a satisfying meal--along with 2 rounds of delightful fresh lime sodas.

The decor in the restaurant is appealing, and the place is kept very clean despite the heavy volume of guest traffic. As soon as tables were vacated, the attentive staff were very quick to clean things up. We particularly appreciated the opportunity to freshen up in Nizam's rest rooms.

We will most certainly be back!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I am not sure why this place is rated so high. Kathi Rolls are one of my fav munching item and I know many good roadside joints where I can get much better and cheaper than Nizam. I ordered for Mutton and Chicken kathi roll and honestly - both were below average flavor. The worst part was the rumali roti was socked in full of oil. Chicken and mutton pieces were very dry. My only feedback here is : Some of the very local joints offer much better flavor then this place. 2 places where I like it very much are Brahmaputra market Noida and Sarita Vihar community center market Delhi ( Crunchy rumali roti with juicy chicken). So, do not go specially to this place for rolls , you will be righting the similar feedback :-) .

Hope this is helpful!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Taste is good and you can try if you are in CP.
Rolls and Kebabs Korma lots of List but I think it totally depends on your type of food u like
Kebabs must try

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had maybe the best kebabs we have ever had at Nizam's Kathi Kebab! I took a kebab with paneer and my girlfriend took a kebab with lamb. Both were really good!