“Get plz to eat out”
Review of Hotel Jivitesh

Ranked #143 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Have to say I just came to have a look in the hotel and have to comment ms simranjeet was the lady bcs of whom we tried tasty green I luved the experience in the rest. I had cm in a week back but couldn't find the same smiling face of simranjeet in ur lobby tasty green was as always tasty and luved the experience and would cm back again an again

Keep it up

Stayed: April 2014
JiviteshHotel, General Manager at Hotel Jivitesh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Mr. Roshan M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back again in future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Jivitesh

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had to cut my holiday short because I had lost my passport and the travel agents put me up in the Jivitesh. The reception staff were exceptionally helpful. They helped me find and printed the forms I needed to get to replace my passport and obtain an exit permit. I was also impressed by the restaurant staff and the food was good. My room was comfortable with tv, minibar, tea making facilities and a safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
JiviteshHotel, General Manager at Hotel Jivitesh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Mr. Richard Dunton,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was the hotel our tour picked for the begining & end of tour.I booked extra night & found the hotel room great size, bathroom everything you could want even scales, nice hot water with great pressure. 2 bottles water free each day, great breakfast Indian & if you ask you can get Western style eggs. free 24/7 wifi. I used there tour desk for tour of the city $37 aussie with a driver who took me to everything but had to pay myself at some the entrance fee. I had dinner in the restaurant which was excellent for $10 fill me up. The bar fridge drinks are not over the top.
End of tour back for the night as good as it was first time, would come again.

Room Tip: room 208 was the best
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Robert Mueller,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I booked this hotel on booking.com about 2.5 months before we were set to arrive. I wanted to ensure that the hotel understood that I needed 8 rooms, with twin beds in each so I contacted them almost immediately. The hotel assured me that that would be arranged. I made several attempts to pay the bill ahead of time (something that was not required when using booking.com), and was met with a very slow response.

When I arrived at the hotel, I found out that several people in my party already checked in. One problem- They only had 4 out of our 8 rooms. The management ensured me that the others could be accommodated by adding other beds to each of the rooms, and when I say beds, I mean, mattresses on the floor. When I said this was unacceptable, the manager said that they could book half the party at a nearby hotel and arrange for transportation between the two, for our troubles he would give us a 20% discount on some of the rooms---lovely.

I said we wanted to cancel our reservation, and made arrangements to stay at another hotel (Hyatt Regency which was amazing and the same price when booking last minute!). This is when the real trouble started. The manager became very hostile. He insisted that we needed to pay for one night for those who had checked in under false pretenses. He was relentess. We called booking.com and they immediately sided with us, and said we should not have to pay for anything. The manager still would not let us leave, and was basically threatening us, and so we were forced to pay for the first night.

I'm sure a manager will come in a write a counter point that booking.com sent the notification late and they did not have time to accomadate us, but as I mentioned, I sent them over a dozen emails in the weeks prior to coming and there is no reason that those rooms should have not been there.

In the end it worked out because we stayed at an amazing hotel with incredible customer service. Don't waste your time or your money on this dingy place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank RAman_DC
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Jivitesh for one night for office purpose. but its very good hotel, he hotel staff are courteous and friendly. Breakfast is very good. pure veg. The rooms are spacious and have all the amenities. walking distance for Meto station karol baug.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This place is fine, I would consider staying again...but not without checking out other hotel options. If this is 4-star quality (per their website), and if 5-star is Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, then there is a HUGE GAP between 4 and 5 stars in India...or is there 6 STAR hotels in India?
I stayed in 6 hotels on my recent journey to India, and this one was marginally on the higher end of my modest trip. Keep in mind that the best hotel of my trip was the overnight stay before my flight from the U.S. at a recently refurbished La Quinta Inn (hardly a 5-star place).
The location seemed convenient enough for sight-seeing, but there didn't appear to be anything of interest (convenience store, restaurant, grocery, pharmacy) within nearby, walking distance. In an urban city location, I don't consider a 15 minute walk "nearby", that's 30 minute round-trip walk.
Our arrival at night was greeted by friendly staff, and an odd rickety metal detector at the front door. In the dim light, everything looked nice enough, but the light of day revealed wear and tear of the hotel, including the rooms. It was clean, this is not a trashy hotel, but could use some attention to detail for their website claim as "Jivitesh makes its mark as a 4 star luxury hotel".
Room was a nice size twin for the two of us, quiet, english TV selection was just "okay", washroom and water pressure and hot water adequate. The food was very good and service was very good. (You better like Indian food or cold cereal and toast, though...no eggs and all vegetarian).
This place is fine, I would consider staying again...but not before looking at alternate hotel options.

Room Tip: Our room was on a higher floor in the rear...quiet and good sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at the Jivitesh a couple of times now and for several nights. The hotel is fairly modern style with comfortable rooms not big but adequate for a night or two.
They have a comfortable bed, hot shower , in room safe, mini bar,tea and coffee and sky TV with a good selection of English speaking channels.
The Hotel laundry is good and if you call reception by around 10:00am it will be returned by around 18:00/19:00 hrs same day.
The staff are very helpful particularly the Porter who will always help with bags and any other small problems such as getting the correct Sky channels.
You can log in and print your boarding cards with the help of reception also.
The hotel restaurant is Vegeterian but for breakfast there are cereals, fruit juice , fresh fruit, toast and muffins along with the Vegeterian hot buffet.
In the evening there is sometimes a hot buffet or you can choose ALa Carte, I can recommend the vegetable jalfrezi and garlic naan bread as well as the honey and banana pancakes!
The hotel does have a tour desk or outside there are plenty of Tuk Tuk's and taxis that will take you anywhere but be sure to ask the price first as an example I had a tuk tuk for two hours to visit a few shops and markets for 100 rupees.
The hotel says it is around 20 minutes from /to the Airport, this may be possible in the early hours of the morning but I would recommend allowing 45mins to 1 hour particularly if you are travelling around 9 or10 am or 7 to 9pm as the traffic is very busy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo