“Little gem in big New Delhi”
Review of Hotel Jivitesh

Ranked #139 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Little gem in big New Delhi”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Jivitesh is a beautiful little boutique hotel right inside the hustle and bustle of New Delhi. You will be welcomed with respect and treated to a delicious gourmet breakfast every morning. I stayed here for a total of 5 nights (3 at the start of my trip and 2 at the end). Jivitesh is close to most of the major monuments in Delhi. The concierge arranged competent and friendly drivers for all of our tours. Mr. Amit at the reception desk was outstanding! He was so helpful and respectful. Also, ask for Mr. Sandee from housekeeping. He is amazing. His "turn down" service at night is better than any other hotel that I have ever stayed in.
Thank you, Hotel Jivitesh for your excellent service. I will stay here again when I return to Delhi.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are close to the swimming pool and patio area for relaxing.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
JiviteshHotel, General Manager at Hotel Jivitesh, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Ms. Peggy Chiovitti-Moritz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back again in future.

Hotel Jivitesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here for two nights on 24 and 25 March 2014 on way to Singapore. The reception was excellent and the service was great. Location of the hotel made it very easy to visit the Hanuman Temple nearby as well as the famous evening Gaffar Markets. The Metro being so close together with my favourite 'Bikanerwala'. The shoppers paradise Karol Bagh Markets, Chandani Chowk, Janpath and Connaught Place are all quite close by.

The relatively new hotel is quite well maintained, my room being adequate, very neat, with all necessary amenities available and funtioning. Attention to service was prompt and courteous. The restaurant was tidy and staff were helpful. I personally enjoyed my food at the fully vegetarian restaurant.Transport and travel desk available. My transfer to the International Airport was well looked after including a kind gesture by the reception staff - they had on their own incentive, arranged a packed healthy breakfast for me on the early morning of my departure. I am definitely coming back to stay at Jivitesh and will have no hesitation in recommending my numerous friends who visit Delhi to do the same. Thank you folks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
JiviteshHotel, General Manager at Hotel Jivitesh, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Mr. Devendra Kumar Sharma,

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Have to say I just came to have a look in the hotel and have to comment ms simranjeet was the lady bcs of whom we tried tasty green I luved the experience in the rest. I had cm in a week back but couldn't find the same smiling face of simranjeet in ur lobby tasty green was as always tasty and luved the experience and would cm back again an again

Keep it up

Stayed April 2014
Dear Mr. Roshan M,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had to cut my holiday short because I had lost my passport and the travel agents put me up in the Jivitesh. The reception staff were exceptionally helpful. They helped me find and printed the forms I needed to get to replace my passport and obtain an exit permit. I was also impressed by the restaurant staff and the food was good. My room was comfortable with tv, minibar, tea making facilities and a safe.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
JiviteshHotel, General Manager at Hotel Jivitesh, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Mr. Richard Dunton,

Adelaide
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was the hotel our tour picked for the begining & end of tour.I booked extra night & found the hotel room great size, bathroom everything you could want even scales, nice hot water with great pressure. 2 bottles water free each day, great breakfast Indian & if you ask you can get Western style eggs. free 24/7 wifi. I used there tour desk for tour of the city $37 aussie with a driver who took me to everything but had to pay myself at some the entrance fee. I had dinner in the restaurant which was excellent for $10 fill me up. The bar fridge drinks are not over the top.
End of tour back for the night as good as it was first time, would come again.

Room Tip: room 208 was the best
Dear Mr. Robert Mueller,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I booked this hotel on booking.com about 2.5 months before we were set to arrive. I wanted to ensure that the hotel understood that I needed 8 rooms, with twin beds in each so I contacted them almost immediately. The hotel assured me that that would be arranged. I made several attempts to pay the bill ahead of time (something that was not required when using booking.com), and was met with a very slow response.

When I arrived at the hotel, I found out that several people in my party already checked in. One problem- They only had 4 out of our 8 rooms. The management ensured me that the others could be accommodated by adding other beds to each of the rooms, and when I say beds, I mean, mattresses on the floor. When I said this was unacceptable, the manager said that they could book half the party at a nearby hotel and arrange for transportation between the two, for our troubles he would give us a 20% discount on some of the rooms---lovely.

I said we wanted to cancel our reservation, and made arrangements to stay at another hotel (Hyatt Regency which was amazing and the same price when booking last minute!). This is when the real trouble started. The manager became very hostile. He insisted that we needed to pay for one night for those who had checked in under false pretenses. He was relentess. We called booking.com and they immediately sided with us, and said we should not have to pay for anything. The manager still would not let us leave, and was basically threatening us, and so we were forced to pay for the first night.

I'm sure a manager will come in a write a counter point that booking.com sent the notification late and they did not have time to accomadate us, but as I mentioned, I sent them over a dozen emails in the weeks prior to coming and there is no reason that those rooms should have not been there.

In the end it worked out because we stayed at an amazing hotel with incredible customer service. Don't waste your time or your money on this dingy place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank RAman_DC
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Jivitesh for one night for office purpose. but its very good hotel, he hotel staff are courteous and friendly. Breakfast is very good. pure veg. The rooms are spacious and have all the amenities. walking distance for Meto station karol baug.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business