“Delightful”

Ranked #12 of 1,075 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Delaware, New Jersey
“Delightful”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A small hotel yet it proved to be big in services. The location is not breathtaking but yes works wonders when you are planning on to be constantly in and out. There are metro trains running closeby to get around and if not that then there are the rickshaw and cab stands around the place. The rooms serve their purpose beautifully as in providing with a clean and comfortable bed with same thing applying to the provided bathroom as well. The service makes sure that you do not have to cry about anything or regret your decision to stay in the place so I would say it is fair enough considering the fact that you are actually paying much cheap for facilities that are good

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

!! Greeting From Hotel Yug Villa !!

We would like to thank you for giving us feedback we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I have shared your compliments with our Team members and they were honored that you mentioned about their positive attitude and quick and efficient service them. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognise them for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire team members at Hotel Yug Villa, New Delhi we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to us!

Hotel Yug Villa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
Bled, Slovenia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

i picked the place for its price and its proximity to the railway station and for a hotel that is located centrally it turned out to be a great choice. The rooms are not exactly of top quality but then for a budget hotel, the place definitely stands good with its offerings with a good spaced room that are neat and clean applying to the bathrooms too , I found it to be a pretty decent thing to be opted for. The place serves its purpose for a short and quick stay and at an affordable price tag.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Wyoming, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I loved that the place was located efficiently and getting around the city was a lot easier from here. The main areas like Connaught place, chandni chowk are all a matter of minutes from here and moreover the metro trains running around the place makes the transportation even more easy. The rooms were pretty ok and were passable with basic amenities but it’s the staff and the location that made the stay effective and good enough for me and my friends.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emma W

Francescas, France
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is a small establishment and so is its room but for a nice budget the rooms are comfortable and nicely put , with all the essentials being taken care of and the staff is ready to help . My room had a balcony which was a surprise considering the size of the room but I felt it was a nice touch though It was not great for a view but still was something compared to nothing. Its location is perfect with market and metro trains and railway stations all being near.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Maun, Botswana
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I travelled with a friend to India for the first time, and we were staying for one night at Yug Villa upon arrival in Delhi. I knew that this hotel is only classified as “standard”, but internationally, it must considered “basic” rather than standard. When it was new, it was certainly ok, but now it clearly shows signs of wear & tear. As with all other places I encountered in India, the main issue is bad or lack of maintenance over the years of operation.
A plus was that the staff was very flexible on fixing me some toast and an omelet when I arrived. I had booked the room from the previous night as I was supposed to arrive early morning; however, the flight was delayed and with the crazy traffic I reached the hotel just before noon. The downside is that while I was sitting in the little breakfast room which was made like an atrium with a glass roof, I could see all the dirt on the counters. The toaster looked terrible, as did the cupboards and the other equipment. I really had to look away being a food safety auditor...
I stayed in room 201 on the first floor which had a king bed and a window out to the front right next to the neon sign of the hotel. The bed was ok; linen had some holes and stains though. It took me a while to fall asleep as the locals are honking all the time while driving. The room had a strange appeal with its dark colors and the mirrors, seemed a bit like an hourly establishment.
My friend stayed in room 203 which had twin beds, and looked a bit better with lighter colors but no window at all. It was a bit quieter than my room, but it was pitch black when lights are turned off. Both rooms had TV (could not find international channel), A/C, fan, water kettle and coffee / tea sachets. As it seems locally practice, they provide a soap bar, shampoo and lotion, but no shower gel. The bathrooms are equipped with buckets in addition to the regular shower head. To my surprise, the bathmat had the Hilton Hotels logo.
A shame that the place was not really clean; the holder for the hair dryer was badly stained, the faucets, tiles and drains have not seen a proper cleaning agent and sponge for a while. The ceiling hat also holes and many dark spots.
One thing that really stroked me (and again, I noticed that across all other places I stayed in India) is the amount of light switches. They installed big panels with a ridiculous amount of switches, and an also astonishing amount of light sources. It can really drive you nuts especially when you are jet-lagged.
WIFI is complimentary and works well in the reception area but not in the rooms.
The staff was accommodating though, and tried their best to assist. One guy at the reception was able to recommend a continental restaurant with Chinese theme which is in reach on foot. It was also no problem for the staff when we requested an early breakfast at 4 am. When we came down to the reception that early hour, a couple of staffs where sleeping in the reception area, and we had to wake them up to get some coffee and toast.
Overall, depending on your personal standards, this hotel must be considered as basic. As we had booked a full package including all transfers, I am not sure if I would stay there again. I probably would consider paying more and staying in one of the new hotels close to the airport especially when staying only one night as the traffic in Delhi is out of control during day time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ProHospitalityCons
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I was shock 2 c their restaurant.I was also unhappy with the very small rooms n u can hear people talking outside even though u r in ur room. Language was a barrier too. When we checked in into the rooms the toilets were not properly clean.Used soaps n shampoos were on the sink. My sister's room did not have hot water.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SubashinK
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Very convenient and quiet location especially if you have plans to do shopping in Karol Bagh area.Hotel is very clean and comfortable which made our 9 day stay pleasant. Staff is really helpful and considerate to accommodate our special request at odd hours! Overall, very satisfied and will re-visit again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family