“Fine Dining Indian Food, great experience”
Review of Jamavar

Jamavar
Ranked #8 of 13,088 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$37 - US$52
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Jamavar is the signature fine dining restaurant of The Leela. Celebrating the famous 16th century Jamavar shawls of Kashmir, semblances of the intrinsic ‘paisley’ pattern of the shawl can be found at each Jamavar restaurant at The Leela. The cuisine and spectacular décor ensure a rich, royal and majestic experience. Relish the varied flavours of the royal kitchens, accompanied by an exclusive wine selection of over 250 international labels.Pick our Murgh ki Chaap or Tandoori Murgh and savour the tender-cooked meat packed with loads of flavours.Sample the most famed dessert in our menu—Jamavar’s homemade kesar and pista kulfi. Signature dishes that our chefs recommend are the Dhaniya Murgh, or boneless drums of chicken cooked with pounded coriander, and Gosht ki Nihari, an Awadhi lamb delicacy lightly flavoured with saffron, Daal Jamavar, Shaandi Ke Subzi- Mains, Bharwan Tandoori Broccoli and Heeng Moong Tikki. To add to the royal touch, throw a grand treat for your family and friends at the plush, one-of-its-kind Maharaja Table.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were there for a business dinner, the dining experience is really great. Good food (we had ordered some veg and fish, soups and a drink), great service and really plush ambience. One can easily spend a couple of hours chatting and feeding one's self, without feeling bored.

I would easily come again...so if you like Indian food and are in to go for a five syart experience, head here.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Undoubtedly the best quality Indian meal I have had and I work in Birmingham UK where there are very many leading Indian restaurants! I dined here on two consecutive nights - the first night I had the tasting menu, the second the special tandoor menu. Firmly within the tradition of Indian cuisine there were however some excellent touches that revealed subtlety and a range that is unexpected and rare. Service was also excellent and it was nice to have a quick visit from the head chef who I consider to be a charming man. Well worth choosing a set menu to get a sense of the range of the cuisine on offer. My only criticism is that the wine list is expensive, VERY expensive by Indian restaurants. People talk about Karim's in Old Delhi - this is ten times more expensive but one hundred times better. Superb!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Well, this was the first time I ever ate at a "Leela" restaurant. I have had buffets and attended weddings at other Leela's but this was my first for a dine-in experience.

At first, I must appreciate the decor and the mannerisms of the entire staff. Very courteous & extremely accommodating, considering we have a baby (although at first I felt bad after hearing about their "baby policy").

Food was a little overpriced, I felt, as compared to other restaurants of the same luxury level in the vicinity. And I felt the servings also were lesser in size. The range of the vegetarian main course curry dishes was very limited, much to our plight but on request they could make a similar one a little more spicy for us. And what fast service - they could bring our entire order in one go - piping hot food within 5 minutes, which was great.

I would recommend dining here (not more than once - and that too just for the experience of Leela luxury), considering a full-course dinner for two could easily touch INR 4000/-

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Great restaurant in the Leela Delhi. Had a business dinner and was well looked after. Pretty reasonable cost (but very expensive for India!) but alcohol is expensive. Tax on some imported drinks is >55%! Very good food, extensive menu and excellent staff.

1  Thank PickyglobetrotterUk
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The restaurant decor is fabulous, very inviting and intimate. Food was varied, helpful staff guided us through the menu, and selected suitable dishes, which stretched our normal food horizons, wine list extensive, All in all a great restaurant.