The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast
US$96
US$144
US$141
Hotels.com
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
Hotels.com
US$133
US$122
US$224
US$127
US$122
  • Breakfast included
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$281
US$230
US$153
US$39
US$34
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We have been traveling around the world for 10 months, to 18 countries to far, and have never been treated so rudely in a hotel before. We booked the hotel through hostelworld and promptly emailed the hotel to let them know we would be arriving early morning on an overnight bus from Dharamsala. I asked if they would have a room available at 7 or 8 in the morning. They replied exactly"I have noted your request but i can not confirm it as this is totally depend upon early check out of other guests on that day. However if we will have room free , we will be happy to offer you early check in."

So we arrive at 6:30 the next morning, a mere 1/2 hr earlier than I said in my email, as our bus was early, and were shown a room. At 1:00pm, a guy knocks on the door to tell us it's 1 and check out is at 12...we said we just checked in this morning, we're not checking out today. He then told us we had to pay a HALF DAY rate for checking in at 6:30 when check in is at 12, which no one informed us of, not the email nor the person who checked us in a reception. We have NEVER had this issue before. We have been places where check in was later than we arrived, and we waited in the lobby until we were allowed in which we would have been more than happy to do instead of being charged a half days' rate.

We then told him we emailed yesterday and they said we could check in early if a room was available, and that when we arrived no one told us we would have to pay extra for checking in early. His response was that "he did not know who wrote the email" and could not be held responsible and he had no excuse for why we weren't told that morning that we would be charged for entering the room.

He then left and we never saw him again. This is despicable and reprehensible treatment of guests especially in a hotel which calls itself "hospitality" home. It felt like a way to scam us out of our money knowing full well that we would be unaware of the extra charge by 1)not informing us in the email and 2)letting us in the room without informing us. The next day we checked out at 5am to catch a train and did not receive a discount because we checked out 6 hrs early....

Because of this poor treatment and theft, I would not recommend this hotel, you can find much better service and quality elsewhere. We have stayed in 2 other places in Delhi and had a completely different experience. It's this type of treatment that scares tourists and their money away from India.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluepassion264
HHS H, Owner at The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Please note the check in time is 12 noon , since you e mailed us and requested to check in at 8 am and we assured you that if the room would have been available , we would provide you without any extra cost. But what actually happened was, that you arrived at 0530 Hrs and checked in , this was the only reason that you were charged half day price .

However i regret it that if you were not informed about it before you check in , and you were under impression that even if you check in at 0530 hrs , you will not be charged extra. We will make sure this confusion do not be repeated.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was one of the few hotels where I felt like the "professional" photos actually did the rooms justice. Our room (will upload photos later) looked just like it did on this site and was the cleanest out of 7 hotels i stayed at this trio in Delhi/Rajastha (and most of them were pretty nice). I would say this is a really good place to kind of get away from the hustle and bustle for a few days if you've been staying in a busy area like Pahar Ganj. It's in an actual neighborhood and you see probably 1/10 the amount of tourists. The area is really chill, kind of quite (for India) so it's been nice to relax for few days. For about $32 a night, I thought this was a good deal.

PROS:
- really really clean room
- cleanest bathroom I've seen so far, immaculate
- good Wifi connection in room (which I found was rare in most hotels)
- modern IKEA furniture
- good selection of English TV channels
- very good natural light, with big window where you can open the blinds cuz you're on the second floor
- close to the Karol Bagh metro station
- service and staff was very good and responsive. We plugged the bathroom drain on accident and flooded the entire room with water, but instead fo getting mad at us or scamming us in some way, the owner came in, apologized, and offered for us to move into the room next door. In general he seemed to really care about good service and did things like send a guy to retrieve us when we got lost in the alleyways and showed us a restaurant with the exact western food items we were craving.

CONS:
- the bathroom is really clean (completely made of white marble with the most modern sink, toilet, and shower head) but I had a tough time taking a hot shower. Granted, take this with a grain of salt because they DID have a pretty modern looking water heater in the bathroom and it WAS hot for a few minutes, but then kind of just crapped out. If you don't mind lukewarm to cold showers, then you really have no reason NOT to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Tommy F
HHS H, Guest Relations Manager at The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

We are looking into the water heater problem of your room and assure all . it will be fix same day. Thanks for appreciating our BnB and bringing this problem to our notice.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here for one night, my first in India. I had an airport pick up quite late at night which was helpful but the driver was accompanied by a young man who said he worked for the B&B. He said he would take me to a travel agency the next day. I was very tired and said I would talk to him the next day but he was quite pushy. The next morning two young men aggressively tried to get me to go to their travel agency; they tried a range of tatics and resorted to saying it was dangerous for me to go out by myself, that I didn't know what I was doing and that Clear Trip tickets were not worth anything. I didn't go with them but it was a very unpleasant experience, I saw them try it with another couple of travellers the same morning but I didn't see them when I checked out.

The room itself was clean, with hot water and a good size. The breakfast was also good.

I think the links to the travel agency are really giving this hotel a bad reputation and I think the ownership of the hotel must know about it as the young man involved came to airport pickup. From the reviews I have a feeling they target women but this is not substantiated.

I would not recommend this for women travelling alone or in pairs, they are intimidating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank ask000
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Arrive late in Delhi, taxi driver took some time to find this place; he called the reception but was told by receptionist that receptionist could not help with directions as he was new in Delhi himself. Taxi driver finally found this place and asked us why we would come to such a dump! Admittedly, the entrance location is not very appealing (entrance is off a small gully, off a dirty road). After climbing 1 floor of stairs, and checking out the rooms, we decided to go for it as the rooms were nice and clean. Also surprisingly quiet. Price was $24 (booked thru Agoda as I could not find their direct contact info anywhere). Reception called the owner who apologized profusely for not providing me a room with a window; saying he would fix it the next day. They have 4-5 rooms on the (only) 1st floor, and a small reception area (where you also have the breakfast ordered from a restaurant). One of the room does not have a window and we stayed in this for both nights as it was also the most quiet room:). The rooms are very clean, with TV, AC etc. The bathroom was also very clean. Service was excellent with the staff always ready to oblige at any hour of the day or night. Good restaurants, STD calling, and shopping conveniently close by (Karol Bagh markets). So long as you don't expect anything but a clean room, you should be fine here. I also asked about what I thought was the "free" airport transfer, but was told it was not complementary, and a taxi was arranged; after I bargained them down to Rs400. (at 5AM). TV was functional, but I could not connect to their Internet; did not try to get them to fix it after I failed as we did not have time.

Room Tip: Windowless room may not appeal, but we stayed there, as we felt it would be a little quieter; noisy barking dogs was the fear.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alikarim
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I would have given a very good review for this budget hotel if it weren't for their train ticket scam. So first the good, then the bad:

1. Room: Our room was clean and quite spacious, and the shower worked well. For just over Rs. 2000 a night, this was a great deal in Delhi. The Indian breakfast was hot and delicious. Location was just steps away from the Karol Bagh market and the metro, yet it wasn't very noisy (by Delhi standards).

2. Airport pickup: my emails for the pickup were promptly replied and the pickup went well. However, I assumed the pickup was free since my room was called "deluxe airport pickup room". We were charged Rs. 450. This is actually a very fair price compared to taking a cab, but the room name was misleading and this cost was never mentioned anywhere in their emails. We can live with this though.

3. The SCAM: the morning after we arrived, a young man working at hotel told us we must check our train tickets, since the web site we bought them from (Cleartrip) has been having errors. This was all done in front of the hotel owner, who said nothing. The young man took us to a "travel agency", where the agent phoned "Indian Railways" and then told us our tickets are not valid. The agent then tried to sell us a costly car trip. This didn't feel right so we turned them down. Later we saw that they also tried this with other foreign tourists who stayed there. The owner must be well aware of it.

Bottom line is: this isn't a smart way of doing business. Good budget hotels in Delhi are not easy to find, so the hotel would do much better to gather good reviews with the nice rooms they already have, rather than turning people off with obvious scams. We felt uncomfortable afterwards and cancelled our later bookings with them. What a pity since the rooms and most of the staff were nice.

If you are on a budget, this place is still an excellent deal. Just avoid the scams.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Linda W
HHS H, Owner at The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thanks for your review and i am glad that you appreciate our small BnB . I have seen your reservation , you had booked Deluxe Room and asked for the airport pick up . Please check our micro site at agoda website , when you click information it will show the airport pick up charges. We are providing airport pick up for a little cost of Rps 450 to avoid scams at Delhi International airport , where tourists arrive and taken to wrong hotels where these taxi driver get fat commissions.

I am very sorry to learn that some tout took you to a travel agency who tried to scam you for your clear trip tickets, but i had no knowledge of it. It's really sad because of this scam you had cancelled your bookings with us.This is the first case happen with our Guest, and thanks for posting it here , i am very serious about it now i will be extra careful and will guide about these scams to all other incoming Guests.