“Stay at Ivory 32”
Review of Hotel Ivory 32

Hotel Ivory 32
Ranked #272 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Gr8 Service, Good Ambience, Clean rooms overall a good experience. The staff is very attentive and courteous and they give each guest a personalised. It's value for Money and overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The stay in the hotel was very pleasant .The staff was very helpful. I was recommend this hotel by a friend.one of the staff Ajit pandey was really very helpful all the time and all the others as well I really appreciated the help which was given to me. I would recommend this hotel.i would like to go again for my next visit at this hotel well done.I came from abroad but felt like home thanks all members keep up the good work.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Being an international traveler and arriving from Melbourne Australia I had my accommodation booked by Dr. Kapil Dua on his recommendation, so i arrived & expecting 3 star services for this hotel but after overnight stay & and having some queries which i address to The General Manager Mr. Manoj Chaudhary, i found that, the queries were dealt in a rapid and professional manner which would be attributed to a manager of 5 star Hotel. So i booked next three more night to stay with this hotel only. I am very happy with the services i received & would gladly Redmond this hotel to people who expect for the best class services.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

gr8 location, new rooms, gr8 interiors, good staff, things missing----- better hospitality and politeness, they dont serve non veg,, but thats ok... as per location and the hotel, its best value for money.... spacious and right nxt to GK M blk market,,,, one of the good properties... recommended for business travelers....

Room Tip: gr8 location to stay in heart of south delhi.....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My review is based on a stay of 28 days every month on the road across all states in India.

Calling this a boutique hotel should be the biggest joke in GK-1 as on date.
Cramped up reception, cramped up rooms, breakfast in the basement gas chamber - that's what IVORY 32 is all about.

Decently helpful staff. Nothing great about the overly priced rooms.
Showers and Bathrooms in overused condition. The beds almost touch the walls on all the three sides, that's how the rooms are laid out. Extremely cramped up. And the price they charge for these rooms is just unjustified. Don't go by the excellent photography on all travel and booking portals.

If you have no other choice at GK and want a hotel, you should choose this one
or bargain with them to offer the room to you at 1/4th the price. Then it would be just worth it !!!
Not a penny more and you will be depressed in your wallet !

Room Tip: Bargain for 1/4th of their card rate and then the rooms and the hotel is just worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rahul G, Owner at Hotel Ivory 32, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Sir,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not upto your expectations. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

I am certainly sorry and disappointed that your stay was not as good as it could have been.
Your feedback has reached the ears of the owners and strict and corrective action will surely be taken immediately. I want to promise you that every possible step will be taken to increase the comfort level of the guest staying in. Please feel free to contact myself directly (md@ivory32.com) if you are travelling to New Delhi again so that I may personally take care of you during your next stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed in Ivory 32 for 6 days, from June 25th till July 1st and we were made very comfortable by the Hotel staff. All of them are very helpful, specially the kitchen and house keeping staff who were always available to service us, even at odd hours. The rooms are tastefully done, excellent location, right in the heart of South Delhi, their snacks( wish they serve non vegetarian also) though ONLY vegetarian, were very tasty,

The only suggestion is that the mattresses need to be replaced with medical ones. Currently, they are too cushy to get sound sleep. Also, The maintenance guys need to work more efficiently. They need to attend to leakages and other small bathroom maintenance issues on priority.

The location provides enough choice of eating joints within walking distance.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want a peaceful and comfortable stay.

Their Managers Ajeet and Manoj were very humble and helpful. Keep up the good work Guys!!!

I would definitely standardize on this hotel in all my future trips to Delhi.

Sanjay Chopra
Dubai

Room Tip: Rooms in the front side have a Balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

I am very happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was upto your expectations.

I would like to bring to your kind notice that the certain staff personnel have been changed and better trained personnel have been kept on duty to increase the standards of service in the hotel. A trained house-keeping supervisor has been appointed to increase the service and comfortability levels of the guests. I would try to work on the maintenance issues with more dedication so that the guests don’t face any problems during their stay.

Your feedback has reached the ears of the owners and strict and corrective action will surely be taken immediately. I want to promise you that every possible step will be taken to increase the comfort level of the guest staying in. I will pass your word of praise to my team especially to Mr.Manoj and Mr.Ajeet.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I've stayed in boutique hotels before, but calling this one a boutique hotel is somewhat laughable.

From the reviews, I was expecting a nice, clean and professional hotel with friendly staff, which claim to offer helpful services, but my personal and genuine experience after staying here, i found it more and more painful and frustrating as time went on.

Haggling with the staff / manager when asking them to arrange taxis, but because you're a tourist without any other option, you have to try to negotiate it down with the staff and eventually accept a rip-off rate (over double what lonely planet was saying was the going rate). They even at first "tried their luck" offering me an even higher rate until I said no, and then realized that when I wasn't going to pay it, they came down with the price. If I am staying in a hotel offering necessary services, it's pretty underhand that they use this to try to screw you over.

I also found the majority of the staff to be unreliable and often unfriendly - at one point was waiting over 30 minutes in reception only to eventually find out they hadn't called the taxi in the first place. The rooms are ok at first glance, but the bathrooms are not that clean, and on more than one occasion the bed sheets were damp, and I wasn't the only one to experience this on my stay there.

I would say that overall this hotel is just about 'bearable', but given what they claim to be, it's a far cry from being a pleasant experience or in any way well-run, and I would personally avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,

I would like to inform you that the two services (taxi and laundry) against which you have complaints are not our in-house services, rather we have outsourced them to third parties. I am not trying to shift the blame on them, but trying to explain that the pricing of these two services depends on the pricing we get from our vendors who cater to our transportation and laundry services. The front office executive who used to negotiate the rates for taxi services with the guests has been removed from duty. We have now fixed the taxi rates and printed them and kept on the front office for the guests to view it and there is no rate haggling possible in this now.