“It should be renamed Tihar Jail”
Review of Hotel Ivory 32

Hotel Ivory 32
Ranked #275 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
canberra
“It should be renamed Tihar Jail”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room was extremely small and the bed was as hard as rock.
Fortunately the room had a balcony but the noise from the road made sleeping impossible.
According to the hotels www they offered an in house restaurant but the staff said that it was only open for breakfast.The buffet breakfast was as exciting as a stale samosa as it offered very little in choice and the scrambled eggs looked as if they had sitting there for a week.
My highlight of the stay was leaving the room and going to one of the many excellent dining options at M block market..
The staff while polite had very limited English and confused my request for toilet paper by delivering a copy of the Times of India to my room ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CanberraCarlton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I spent eight nights at Hotel 32 and had an excellent experience throughout the entirety of the stay. Conveniently located within walking distance of M-Block market and within a short, low cost auto ride of all of Greater-Kalash and more, this hotel provides convenience at a great cost.
The best part of the stay was the excellent service. By the end of the second day, each of the staff knew where I was staying and remembered many of my preferences. Each morning, I ordered french toast with honey, and one morning, they were out. That afternoon, the room service attendant saw me downstairs and assured me they would get some honey for the next day. Sure enough, they did! And on my last evening, I called in my regular room service dinner order of Dal Makhani with naan, and I ordered butter naan instead of garlic. He double-checked with me because he remembered that I usually prefer garlic.
Being halfway around the world and being a solo traveller, I had worried that I may feel uncomfortable at the hotel. That was not so at all -- each person at Hotel 32 made me feel welcome and right at home.
The few downsides are that the walls are thinner than I would prefer, so I could hear people in the hallways and outside some, but it did not interfere with my rest. And the room service options are only vegetarian (not abnormal for India). Many places deliver here, but many of them also need you to speak enough Hindi to order.
Overall, these small inconveniences would not keep me from returning; on the contrary, I would feel like I was coming back to stay with old friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kelly C
Dear Sir,

I am very happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was upto your expectations. Your words of praise will go a long way in boosting the morale of my team.

I will pass your word of praise to my team so that it helps them to work harder and in a better way. I want to promise you that every possible step will be taken to increase the comfort level of the guest staying in.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Ivory 32 for three nights and we were very pleased with the high standard. The room was very clean and for the first time we had an AC that didn't wake us up in the night. The bed was so comfortable that we had difficult to get up in the morning. The area felt very safe and the staff were incredible friendly and very very professional. We will be back in Delhi in a few weeks and we will of course stay at Hotel Ivory 32 again. I can really recommend it.
Two Bikers One World

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pstrid
Rahul G, Owner at Hotel Ivory 32, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you liked our property so much and would like to extend our gratitude for such a generous feedback.

I am extremely delighted to read your generous feedback about our rooms and its faculties. Your kind words of appreciation have been shared with the entire team at IVORY32 and it would go a long way to encourage them to perform even better.

The IVORY32 team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and will strive to create some more heart warming experiences.

We all look forward for your visit in near future and assure you are finest services at all time.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Good hotel with most facilities, comfortable and clean rooms with good air conditioning and an economical tariff structure. The staff is courteous and hospitable: all in all a good package for both business and vacation travelers.

Room Tip: The hotel has both kinds: twin beds as well as queen beds. So choose accordingly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

I am very happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was upto your expectations.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ivory 32 came warmly recommended to me by a friend, and I have to say, I was not disappointed.

Very clean and well maintained rooms, extremely warm hearted staff, and an overall great experience.

I had to stay in Delhi for 2 weeks, and Ivory 32 made sure I was as comfortable as possible.

The Manager, Mr Ajeet, the Housekeeping Supervisor Mr Javed, and two of the Room Service staff, Mr Vicky and Mr Ajay, all deserve special mention for their attentiveness, politeness, and for their professionalism. Not a day goes by without either one of them (or all of them!) asking how my stay is going and if they could help out with anything.

Protip: Ask for a room with a balcony for better natural lighting. Each and every qualm you may have, make sure to ask one of the above mentioned people, and you'll definitely be delighted with the quick and helpful response.

All in all, I believe Ivory 32 is one of the best, if not the best, hotels available in this price range. 10/10 would recommend.

Haneesh

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Haneesh D
Dear Sir,

I will pass your word of praise to whole of my team (especially the ones you mentioned in your review) so that it helps them to work harder and in a better way.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is after long time I am staying in any hotel in New Delhi, but this hotel was absolutely marvelous, service was it was impeccable without any doubt. The operation team headed by Mr Ajeet Pandey was really very smart and knows their duty. I would always love to come back to here & would recommend it to my friends & family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

I will pass your word of praise to my team ( especially Mr.Ajeet) so that it helps them to work harder and in a better way. I want to promise you that every possible step will be taken to increase the comfort level of the guest staying in.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having travelled to Delhi on many occasions, I found the Ivory 32 one of the most agreeable hotel to stay at. Very conveniently situated in GK 1, at walking distance from various markets (GK 1 M and N and Kailash Colony), it is very easy to move around from there.
The staff has been well mannered and pleasant to deal with. The hotel and the room are clean.
I also enjoyed taking a few meals there.
Will definitely come back to this Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business