This is my second time staying here, and I am trying to like it ... but it's hard work. I booked and paid for a triple room - but was told on check-in I'd have to pay extra for the third bed?? Requested a room further from the train station because it's SO noisy at night with trains whistling outside - got exactly the same room as last time, on a different floor and was begrudgingly offered a smoking room replacement. Yuck. I'll just wear ear plugs. Couldn't connect multiple devices to the internet, was treated like an idiot and then their IT guy couldn't do it either. Wanted to get something light to eat in the afternoon after a 6 hour car trip - all the restaurants closed until 7.30 / or buffet served downstairs. So had expensive, mediocre snacks in the coffee bar. Had dinner in the cafe at 6pm (the only people there, about 8 waiters) with very tired children and it took 2 hours to get drinks and one course.We had to give up waiting for dessert, but the children were very graciously offered dessert from the buffet instead (but they were too tired to be interested.) The shower is bizarre and useless. But the rooms are simple and functional.
Pluses are -The pool area is quite nice (but no drink or snack service); the 'hostesses' that walk around chatting at reception are very sweet. The chefs at the breakfast buffet were great. It's in a nice part of town. Compared to the other hotels we stayed in in India this hotel is unfriendly and unhelpful and much, much more expensive - even compared to some of the 'palace' hotels we stayed in. I'd rate the hotel about 3 star and I'm sure there's better places to stay in Delhi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLiT Hotels in Delhi, one of the best luxury hotels in Delhi India, stands tall right in the middle of city’s premier business and commercial district – Connaught Place. Being the central luxury business hotel in Delhi, it is located right next to lively shopping centres, office complexes and colourful streets, the hotel is 24 kms from the international airport and just minutes away from government offices, cultural centres and international trade fairgrounds. With the largest room sizes amongst all luxury hotels Delhi, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of 461 five star hotel rooms. The bedrooms are all well tailored to the needs of both a business traveler as well as a vacationer and accompanied by hotels modern amenities and elegant decor. Guests at our luxury hotels, have an option of choosing from a Deluxe Rooms, LaLiT Luxury Rooms and the suites. Serving cuisines from both the world of east and west, The LaLiT, hotels New Delhi offers four fine dining restaurants serving food to suit all types of palate. For those enjoying traditional Oriental food, The Woks serve authentic Oriental food while The Grill serves European food. And if guests want to taste food prepared in the traditional Indian way, we invite them to try our Indian cuisine at Baluchi while our multi-cuisine restaurant and Bar – 24/7 is the best place for guests who enjoy food while also interacting with chefs of the restaurant. At 24/7 guests have an option of choosing variety of food at the buffet or being selective through the elaborate a-la-carte menu. At The LaLiT, luxury hotel Delhi, guests can be at comfort both at work as well as leisure. Ideal for all types of events, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of six banquet hall. Guests can organize all types of events with us - from small top-notch corporate events to private party events and from big conference meeting to huge wedding ceremony. Enough to accommodate upto 800 people, hotels' banquet facilities are added advantage amongst all hotels in Delhi. So whether the event is corporate or if it is a planning a wedding at hotels, The LaLiT New Delhi hotels offers just the right kind of banquets and meeting space for the hotels in New Delhi. Other world class hotel facilities at this 5 star luxury hotels Delhi include 24 hour Business Centre, Hotels Concierge Desk, Foreign Exchange, Limousine Service, 24 hour In-room Dining, Laundry Service, Valet Car Parking, Shopping Arcade, Doctor on Call, Rejuve – The Spa and a well equipped Gymnasium so that the business traveler feels more productive and rejuvenated. At Connaught Place, the center of the city - is The LaLiT New Delhi - an 18 story edifice with easy access to the city’s commercial complexes, conference centers, shopping hubs and historic sights. Wonderful interiors, immaculate service and fine cuisine combine to make The LaiLiT New Delhi is an eventful address of the city. Amongst other five star hotels Delhi this luxury hotel is within close proximity to historical landmarks like India Gate, Jama Masjid and Red Fort. Located at the city center, The Lalit New Delhi is just 35 minute drive from the airport and is merely 5 minute from the railway station. The city is well connected through air and rail links apart from two of the national highways which connect New Delhi to all the major cities in the country. The Hotel is also 10 minute drive from the trade fair ground and merely 15 minute drive from several embassies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Lalit New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit New Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit Delhi
- Lalit Intercontinental Hotel
- Intercontinental Lalit Hotel
- The Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit Hotels Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit New Delhi
- Intercontinental Grand New Delhi