“Great Experience”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #34 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at the wonderful The Lalit New Delhi in Feb’ 2013
With my wife, I really am a fan of this hotel because:

Of its location, Its at Cannaught place which is central Delhi, the heart of Delhi,
You would have access of all locations in Delhi from here.. so five stars for the location..
We stayed here on the 22nd floor .. amazing view..
Beds are the most exclusive that I have only experienced in Premium hotels like the mandarin, and Savoy Etc.
The club rooms have an access to the club lounge, great for tit bits, eats and nice eats. etc
The hotel staff are very friendly and have always given me and my wife a warm welcome.
The rooms are not to large but nice interiors.
With the room we get a complementary cocktails In the evening with lovely snacks
Very good breakfast. One of the best breakfast menus of any hotels that I have been in Delhi.
Priced well and very comfortable..
I even like their Disco called the Kitty Su.. very Impressive .. free entry on Wednesdays ..
The most awesome : is the Biography of late Mr Lalit Suri the Owner of the lalit group of hotels.
Which is played as a video on the default channel of the exclusive LED screen.
I really was inspired by the same. It was really nice to know about Mr Suri.
All all what he was fond of. About his family, I really felt really touched.
Specially I can never forget one statement of Mr. Suri “ I Did it My Way”
He truly did it his way, and we see this from all his beautiful assets he has created and
The wonderful life he led. Dear team at The Lalit New Delhi, please pass on my
Regards to Mr. Suri’s Family and please tell them I really liked the Biography of Mr Suri.
Thanks for the wonderful stay
Warm regards
E. Sachdeva & A. Dass.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,210)

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have stayed at lots of nice hotels around the world and I found the Lalit was able to keep up with the best of them in terms of service and convenience. We stayed at the Lalit for 5 nights, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and would definitely stay here again.

Our flight on the way out was cancelled, so we ended up arriving the next day and the staff was more than able to accommodate our change in plans. We were warmly greeted by security as well as at the front desk. The fine young lady that checked us in, personally escorted us to our room, which has been newly painted (nice touch).

Robin, at the front desk, was more than willing to provide change for our large bills as well as excellent restaurant recommendations. When we returned from dinners, Robin greeted us by name and asked how our restaurant was by name. An amazing memory and one of the many shining jewels within the Lalit staff.

The breakfasts are superb with a wide array of food from a traditional British fry up to typical Indian affair. They even provide an early morning breakfast option, which is still excellent minus a few options, for those early morning tourists trying to beat the crowds to the Taj Mahal.

The pool looked lovely, however, I never tried it. I used the gym several times and it was well thought out and has anything that you could need from treadmills to free weights to smith machines and the likes.

The best part of the whole experience is the price. In terms of value for the money, I do not think you could find a nicer hotel for the price. The location is superb and central (right next to CP which now hosts a Starbucks) and comes with all the amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT New Delhi, India.

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team especially Robin to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

Please write me a mail at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are visiting New Delhi so that we can really look after you well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT New Delhi and also welcome you back to your home.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is my second time staying here, and I am trying to like it ... but it's hard work. I booked and paid for a triple room - but was told on check-in I'd have to pay extra for the third bed?? Requested a room further from the train station because it's SO noisy at night with trains whistling outside - got exactly the same room as last time, on a different floor and was begrudgingly offered a smoking room replacement. Yuck. I'll just wear ear plugs. Couldn't connect multiple devices to the internet, was treated like an idiot and then their IT guy couldn't do it either. Wanted to get something light to eat in the afternoon after a 6 hour car trip - all the restaurants closed until 7.30 / or buffet served downstairs. So had expensive, mediocre snacks in the coffee bar. Had dinner in the cafe at 6pm (the only people there, about 8 waiters) with very tired children and it took 2 hours to get drinks and one course.We had to give up waiting for dessert, but the children were very graciously offered dessert from the buffet instead (but they were too tired to be interested.) The shower is bizarre and useless. But the rooms are simple and functional.
Pluses are -The pool area is quite nice (but no drink or snack service); the 'hostesses' that walk around chatting at reception are very sweet. The chefs at the breakfast buffet were great. It's in a nice part of town. Compared to the other hotels we stayed in in India this hotel is unfriendly and unhelpful and much, much more expensive - even compared to some of the 'palace' hotels we stayed in. I'd rate the hotel about 3 star and I'm sure there's better places to stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: It's very noisy if you're facing the train station.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to Hotel services.

Please accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the annoying and dissatisfying experience caused to you. I have taken up the points with the concerned Head of departments for immediate corrective action.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

I hope to welcome you back to The LaLit New Delhi in near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Room is clean and equipped with nice furniture.
People at the hotel are all so friendly and helpful. Athough a bit high costed for the dinner buffet, the quality and quantity is highly good ranked. Enjoyed much.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and calm.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Namaskar !

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was my 4th Stay at Lalit Delhi. The experience has been excellent from the point of reception at the Airport through to Return at the Airport after a days stay. People all are lively & courteous. Food has great options for Breakfast & Dinner. Room No 1409 had an excellent view. Will not hesitate in going back to Lalit for a future stay.

Room Tip: 1409 was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I am going to give this hotel top review because it would have earned it if the hotel pool had not been closed for the duration of our short stay. I have to say I was devastated about it since I had booked the hotel on the strength of the pool. Since, I'm sure the pool won't be closed while others are there I can say it looked heavenly and I was told by a friend that it was clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms large (20th floor), wonderful shower. The beds comfortable. The breakfast lavish and varied. Close to the centre.

Room Tip: 20th floor had large rooms but then all of could also have been large.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Namaskar !

We have also noted your feedback with regards to pool being shut. It was due to emergency maintenance and we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at the latit for 11 day in the month of June. my experience was not at all good.
I stayed in the Executive Club room. the room looked like 60 years old.one day the shower was not working. Second day sauna was not working. and above all I had electricity failure in my room for 2 days continuously. the staff was good. were trying to help me all the time. I am a frequent traveler. but I will never go to latit again.

Room Tip: Higher floors for good view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Chris A

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to Hotel Services.

I hope to welcome you back to The LaLit New Delhi in near future.