“Five stars? I think not”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #34 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The first issue was that the pool was being redone. There was no communication of this and no apology. This was a big factor in the selection. The food didnt live up to scratch. The concierge was consistently trying to rip us off with overpriced options on everything. Noise was a big issue. There's a cheesy nightclub in the hotel and we kept getting drunken people outside our door. I'm no prude, but 6am louts are not cool.
Although the rooms are OK, I would avoid this place.

2  Thank cyrusvw
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Namaskar !
Thank you for taking out the time and giving us your valuable feedback. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the dissatisfactory experience at The Lalit New Delhi. The concerned Head of Departments have been counselled to take immediate corrective action, and I hope you will offer us another opportunity to be of service.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you plan to come to Delhi, India and we will ensure you have a fanastic stay
Vivek Shukla

Write a ReviewReviews (4,139)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Outstanding staff, location and rooms. I had a short wait to check in as I was behind a very large party and received an outstanding upgrade to a spacious suite. The hotel is expensive, as is the Restaurant but you really get what you paid for. They actually had imported Australian Beef on the Menu, I didn't think this was even legal in Delhi, this was the only time I saw beef on any menu in India.

My only complaint is having to pay so much for the wifi. My connection didn't work well, but in the defense of the Lalit they did send someone up immediately to fix it but I later had additional problems.

The hotel is a very short walk to Connaught Place and you can make it to the Government Shops rather quickly by Taxi.

1  Thank Matthew F
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Namaskar !

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about your recent stay at The Lalit New Delhi ! I am happy to inform you that we have recently added free wifi in our Club Rooms and above category as an inclusion.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

What a sad start to our 2014. We went for a Chinese lunch to Wok only to find it empty and the food non flattering. Our sweet corn chicken soup was average. After a special request for a better main course we found the fish too oily, chicken just okay and the chilly garlic noodles very stale!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank guptaratika

Namaskar !
At the outset please accept my most sincere apologies for the dissatisfactory experience at the Woks. We have done a detailed investigation with the Executive Chef for the lapse, as this is certainly not the manner in which we would have liked you to start the New Year.
My apologies again and I would like to invite you to have a meal at The Lalit New Delhi and am certain you will find a marked improvement.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We ended there after a little search in Booking.com and finding a reasonable last minute price for 4 nights (around £90 per night) in a 5 stars hotel including breakfast. The hotel is located in a good place, at walking distance from India Gate for example if you don't mind getting the auto rishkas drivers asking you all the time why are you walking and where are you going :-). All the staff we encountered were really friendly, well manner and helpful all the time. Check in went smoothly and we got our room promptly. We got the room 2211 which is huge, with very modern but functional decoration, nice for young couple as we are but I wonder what my parents would think looking at the kamasutra-style picture that was placed on the wall and some kind of little aquarium containing kinky sentences... The bathroom was big and with a glass wall that allowed you to take a bath while watching TV. Impressive... The breakfasts were great with a huge variety of options ranging from Indian to asiatic, american-style and so on and the possibility of getting decent coffee.

The bad sides of this hotel were 3. First, internet is not free and we had to pay around £10 per 24h access: unbelievable in a 5 stars place. Second, the restaurant the Grill, even though offering fantastic views to the city at the 28th floor and excellent staff, is really overpriced and we got too salty food in my opinion. Third, the hotel had hidden costs when having food there. For example, the dinner buffet was announced as a £20 per person with a nice bottle of wine around £24. The final bill for 2 people including all the hidden taxes and service charge was £90 in the end. No need to omit this information in my opinion...

1  Thank ViatjantPelMon
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Namaskar !
Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. The decor of 2211 is inspired by Kitty Su, our Nightclub, all other rooms have very different interiors which I am sure your parents would appreciate. We are also happy to advise you that now Free wifi is available on booking a Club Room and above category.
Please write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com on your next visit and we will ensure that you have another great experience

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have been coming here since 90s. I love everything about Lalit. People there take care of my every single thing. I always happen to spend my new year at the Lalit and enjoy the moment the most. I just love their lounge the staffs are wonderful they make me feel special.
Rockey always gives me warm welcome so does Kanya they are like my family members and I like coming here because of them.
I recommend Lalit to everyone.
It's location is best, you can walk out and you reach out to happening outlets. They provide the best security to guests.
I love lalit
Surila Bajaj

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SurilaBajaj
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Ms. Bajaj,
Namaskar !

Thank you for the lovely comments! Mr.Rocky Kalra & Kanya are humbled to read your words of appreciation.
We hope to continue to be your home away from home and are always eager to be of service

Warmest regards

Vivek

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have been using the Lalit Hotel since August 2013 and its my third visit. I have to say that the service is excellent here. The staff caters your needs at a very high standards. This time i am staying here for ten nights and it feels like a home to me. I strongly recommend to anyone who would like to have a world class service.
S S Gill

Room Tip: My favourite room is room no.2011, and i always make sure that i am in that room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nandini G

Dear Ms. Gill,
Namaskar !

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are thankful for your continued patronage and for being a true Lalit Ambassador

I look forward to welcoming you very soon

Warmest Regards
Vivek

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great Ambiance
Great Location
Great Hospitality
Good Hotel staff,Prompt and well trained
good comfort rooms with good lighting,Bathroom is Big and with modern bath fittings
comfortable King size bed with TV DVD and BAR
Hotel : Good and well decorated,Reception to Waiters all are well trained and well behaved,
Food: Breakfast are is world Class with Lots of Variety,automatic coffee machine is excellent,Expensive too.
Spa,Gym and Swimming Pool: its great to see swimming pool with temperature control and open till 10 pm,spa has sauna and all with instructor too.
Hotel Vehicle: its latest and well on Time at Airport,Drivers are well dressed and well behaved.
Barakhamba metro is just 50 METER (Next to HOTEL)
Lots of Shops to buy in Hotel..but slight expensive
Overall feel is very good
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: different rooms on same floor..some are quite big with small suite type 10th to 18th floor is good...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Namaskar !
Thank you for the wonderful comment about the overall experience. We are truly humbled and motivated to do even better.
We look forward to being of service again in the near future