Lets just say that the video that comes on when you first turn on the television regarding the owner Mr.`Lalit, would be very disappointed with the service that I received.
1) First Day, First Impression: Lack of Customer service & Communication at the 24/7 bar on the first day of my arrival. Presented my Credit Card for payment after eating the $1850Rs per person buffet (Approx. $45/pp CDN) and inputted my 4 digit pin code at which point I was not told that the transaction was cancelled because the exchange rate needed to be printed first. The server or Bus Boy that took my payment then proceeded to assist and take payment from 3 other guests before processing my payment again. So in my eyes, I felt like I paid twice and at this point I had no clue what the hell was going on. First I should be served first as I was there before the other 3, second - I should be communicated with and third, the server should observe and communicate better as my credit card clearly was not a domestic credit card!
2) I called front desk for heating issues for which they said they would send someone up, and no one came for at 20mins at 12:30am in the morning. I called back and cancelled and went to bed. As a result, I caught a cold.
3) I asked front desk how late the connaught place was open and they said 9:30 to 10pm. So my wife and I went. Upon arriving at 9pm, all the stores were closed. Upon coming back to the hotel, we were asked by the same front desk person on how the stores were and we said they were closed at 9pm and he then responded, thats because today is the Lowry Festival in Delhi.
My Question here is, if he knew then why would he not tell us this information and furthermore why would you send us to something that is closed?
4) We walked into the room for the first time, with picture frames crooked on the wall, clock with the wrong time and little things just out of place. The shower is manual labour and when checking in be sure to bring a pen as all rooms are equipped with pencils only!
All in all, Stay at the Oberoi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLiT Hotels in Delhi, one of the best luxury hotels in Delhi India, stands tall right in the middle of city’s premier business and commercial district – Connaught Place. Being the central luxury business hotel in Delhi, it is located right next to lively shopping centres, office complexes and colourful streets, the hotel is 24 kms from the international airport and just minutes away from government offices, cultural centres and international trade fairgrounds. With the largest room sizes amongst all luxury hotels Delhi, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of 461 five star hotel rooms. The bedrooms are all well tailored to the needs of both a business traveler as well as a vacationer and accompanied by hotels modern amenities and elegant decor. Guests at our luxury hotels, have an option of choosing from a Deluxe Rooms, LaLiT Luxury Rooms and the suites. Serving cuisines from both the world of east and west, The LaLiT, hotels New Delhi offers four fine dining restaurants serving food to suit all types of palate. For those enjoying traditional Oriental food, The Woks serve authentic Oriental food while The Grill serves European food. And if guests want to taste food prepared in the traditional Indian way, we invite them to try our Indian cuisine at Baluchi while our multi-cuisine restaurant and Bar – 24/7 is the best place for guests who enjoy food while also interacting with chefs of the restaurant. At 24/7 guests have an option of choosing variety of food at the buffet or being selective through the elaborate a-la-carte menu. At The LaLiT, luxury hotel Delhi, guests can be at comfort both at work as well as leisure. Ideal for all types of events, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of six banquet hall. Guests can organize all types of events with us - from small top-notch corporate events to private party events and from big conference meeting to huge wedding ceremony. Enough to accommodate upto 800 people, hotels' banquet facilities are added advantage amongst all hotels in Delhi. So whether the event is corporate or if it is a planning a wedding at hotels, The LaLiT New Delhi hotels offers just the right kind of banquets and meeting space for the hotels in New Delhi. Other world class hotel facilities at this 5 star luxury hotels Delhi include 24 hour Business Centre, Hotels Concierge Desk, Foreign Exchange, Limousine Service, 24 hour In-room Dining, Laundry Service, Valet Car Parking, Shopping Arcade, Doctor on Call, Rejuve – The Spa and a well equipped Gymnasium so that the business traveler feels more productive and rejuvenated. At Connaught Place, the center of the city - is The LaLiT New Delhi - an 18 story edifice with easy access to the city’s commercial complexes, conference centers, shopping hubs and historic sights. Wonderful interiors, immaculate service and fine cuisine combine to make The LaiLiT New Delhi is an eventful address of the city. Amongst other five star hotels Delhi this luxury hotel is within close proximity to historical landmarks like India Gate, Jama Masjid and Red Fort. Located at the city center, The Lalit New Delhi is just 35 minute drive from the airport and is merely 5 minute from the railway station. The city is well connected through air and rail links apart from two of the national highways which connect New Delhi to all the major cities in the country. The Hotel is also 10 minute drive from the trade fair ground and merely 15 minute drive from several embassies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lalit New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit New Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit Delhi
- The Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit New Delhi
- Lalit Intercontinental Hotel
- Lalit Hotels Delhi
- Intercontinental Lalit Hotel
- Intercontinental Grand New Delhi