“Location is a added advantage.....”

The Lalit New Delhi
Ranked #39 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Bokaro Steel City, India
“Location is a added advantage.....”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A very old property but are maintaining good. The energy level is low , I felt, but that does not matter much. I am a Indian food lover but the Indian food at this place is not good even at Baluchi (their Indian Cuisine Restaurant).....the Breakfast is well spread as in other Hotels......I felt that Lalit Touch is missing here.......

Room Tip: Network of mobiles are weak at higher floors and is quite astonishing n surprising. Its a centre mos...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank agrawalshiv
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. I am concerned to note that you did not experience "Limitless Hospitality" which is our commitment to our esteemed guests.

Please be assured that we have taken your feedback constructively to improve on our services. We hope you will continue to choose The Lalit New Delhi, as your HOME on your next visit to New Delhi and also recommend to your family, friends and company.

Please do write me an email at vshukla@thelalit.com of your future visits to ensure we look after you better. Look forward to meeting with you on your next visit.

Vivek Shukla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
CHANDIGARH
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is located at prime place in the central of Delhi, Its good for business and holiday. The staff is very cooperative at check in and all kind of guest services. Ms Pragya Gulati at Club Lounge was perfect in her job in handling speedy check in formalities and guiding the facilities in Club Lounge, Room and Hotel. Mr Manoj at club lounge was a happy and smart boy at your service. The facilities at Club Lounge are more over satisfactory except they can improve in variety of breakfast items.

Room Tip: Club Corner Suit is a good choice but check the air ventilation and air-conditioning as per your tas...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. We are indeed proud to have Pragya & Manoj as part of the team. They manage our exclusive Club Lounge very well and we will certainly recognize them on your behalf. Your kind words go a long way in motivating them to do even better.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I visited Delhi to attend the British Council meet and stayed at The Lalit New Delhi on 27th June 2014 and it was an amazing experience from the moment I landed at the airport. What I really like apart from the ambiance and the great food is the staff members. Most of the time when we stay at 5 star hotels there the staff try to act like western and it is all so plastic however at Lalit I saw the real Indian hospitality and genuine effort to make the stay comfortable. I remember the Driver who picked me up his name was Surendra Goyal who was very courteous and Mr. Gurtej who takes care of the people at Airport. The reason I decided to write this review is when I stayed at Lalit I forgot the ring my wife gifted on my marriage anniversary and I was close to airport with no choice of going back however the staff was so helpful that they searched for the ring, hired a taxi and made sure I got it before I boarded the plan- really appreciate that they have the touch of India.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank zia71
Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. Its a pleasure to have Surendra & Gurtej as part of The Lalit Family. They walk our core values of Honesty & Integrity & their devotion to duty is remarkable. Thank you for recognizing them

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed at the Lalit in Delhi on two separate occasions. Both times have been outstanding. the hotel is luxurious and comfortable. A strange little bar that always seems to be open. It is a great spot to have a drink before bed to help you sleep after a late flight in. The bar has really good snacks even late at night. The rooms are large and welcoming. The location is perfect if you are seeing some of the sights in New Delhi. Its a pretty good trip from the airport, i say about 45 minutes in fairly light traffic. But its a good place to get your bearings before exploring India. A nice pool is on the property. Also the breakfast at the restaurant is pretty good. I do get tired of hotel buffets for breakfast but this is better than average.

Room Tip: It is a bit of a haul from the airport, so not the best choice for an early morning flight
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit.I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast spread, the bar and the pool.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotels that are 4 stars and above in India are generally world class. The level of hospitality of Indian Hotels has no need for superlatives and unnecessary ranting and raving. The criteria of choosing a hotel in India then falls on the objectives of one's visit and hence the location. Lalit is central to all the shopping and restaurants. Therefore from my visits to Lalit all these years I will sum it up as follows:
Food: above average breakfast spread. Most F&B outlets in the hotel are of decent standard. The Indian/Afghan restaurant is worth dining in.
Room: clean and comfortable
Gym: adequate
Spa: average
Heated pool: wasn't working the last time I was there. Generally ok.
Conclusion: Very Good Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Namaskar !

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and choosing to stay at The LaLiT New Delhi on your recent visit. It is from feedback like yours that we learn and grow.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Lalit Hotel in New Delhi for a month and a half, from the beginning of March to mid April 2014, while working on a journalistic project. I can only say that my experience while at the Lalit was excellent; they made me feel completely at home, providing me with really top rate service, the best I’ve had in a long time. This included everything from their 24/7 buffet-a la carte restaurant (one of the few available in Delhi) on the ground floor, where I had delicious breakfasts every morning attended by staff who were genuinely friendly and very attentive, to the hotel concierge, who helped me with local information and the mailing of complicated packages back to my home residence, and the good-natured room attendants who were impeccable in cleaning my room. Not to mention the warmth and the efficiency of the Manager and Assistant Manager, the Head of Corporate sales, the Assistant Front Office Manger and of course the reception staff.

We chose the hotel initially partially because of its location and warm interior decoration. It is about 10 minutes on foot to Connaught Place, one of the largest financial, commercial and business centers in the city and 5 minutes to the Barakhamba Metro station. It’s also 5 minutes from the Bengali market -- if you want to do basic shopping or perhaps have a snack at the Bengali Sweet House – and, in general, very near to a number of cultural centers and historical monuments.

Since the Lalit is one of the taller buildings in downtown Delhi, the views from the upper rooms are great, and if you want the best view, then go to the rooftop Grill for European cuisine and an incredible view of Delhi. Speaking of food, the Lalit’s Baluchi restaurant is one of Delhi’s best.

The only improvement I can suggest would be for long term guests like myself: it would have been nice to have more closet or wardrobe space for hanging clothes, suits, etc.

I look forward to going back to the Lalit when the opportunity arises!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Namaskar !
Thank you for your most kind words of appreciation. Your feedback indeed serves as a motivation to the entire team of The Lalit New Delhi to continue on the path of Limitless Hospitality.
We hope to be your preferred choice of hotel whenever you plan to come to Delhi next and also recommend us to your friends, family and company.
Do write to me at vshukla@thelalit.com before your next visit and I will ensure you have another memorable experience.
I look forward to welcoming you to your HOME in Delhi
Warmest regards
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks in June and I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. Being centrally located there is easy access to nearly everything. The staff really shine in this hotel and you will feel like they generally care for you all the time. The Baluchi restuarant is very good and the breakfast buffet caters to all. I would ask that they make their wifi free as it costs about $100 USD a week, even though when booking from a website it says free. To get free you have to book through the hotel and not another site I was told when I enquired. Anyway it is the 21st centry and every hotel has free wifi so it needs updating in that aspect because one gets the feeling they are nickel and diming so to speak. Another thing is don't worry to much if the power goes out when in the elevator and it stops it will come on in a few minutes.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and as high as you can for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roddybuck
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Namaskar !

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed a meal at our award winning Pan Indian restaurant - Baluchi. I invite you to experience our other gastronomical delights from Woks & The Grill or enjoy our NightClub - Kitty Su which is one of the best night clubs in the world !

We hope you will continue to choose The Lalit New Delhi, as your HOME on your next visit to New Delhi and also recommend to your family, friends and company. Indeed, if you book through our website you get free wifi.