My friend and I stayed here for 4 days in late November. The Lalit was formerly the Intercontinental; it was taken over by Indian hotel magnate Lalit Suri. We had booked our reservation at the Intercon so were surprised to see the Lalit sign and flags in front - we thought the cab driver dropped us at the wrong hotel! It just so happened that we arrived on the day the new name was unveiled.
The entrance to the hotel is almost right off the street, so no grounds to speak of. The hotel lobby is beautifully decorated with modern flair and some enormous paintings of the Suri family. Check in was smooth, although the staff were not especially pleasant. The hotel has several elevators, but it always seems to be a long wait to catch one.
Rooms are modern and well appointed. We stayed in a standard room with 2 double beds - it was a little cramped, but comfortable and clean.
The hotel has a very cosmopolitan feel, with travelers from many different countries. We met people from Africa, China, Europe and Australia and the US. It is situated about a 15 min walk to Connaught Place and within short driving distance to many historical and modern attractions. There are some great restaurants and bars serving international fare in Connaught Place - ask the concierge at the hotel to make reservations for you.
Our biggest complaint was dining at the Lalit. There is a buffet restaurant to the right of the main lobby, but there wasn't much variety nor was the food very good. We had to wait a long time for a server to take our drink orders, and dishes were not cleared away in a timely manner so ended up crowding our table.
There is also a pastry shop that at that time did not sell coffee or small pastries that you could grab on the run. The 24/7 Bar only served food/snacks while the buffet restaurant was open, and it was the same stuff as served in the buffet.
We also tried to eat at Woks because we had heard some good things about it, but after waiting 2 hours were still not seated. It got so late we just got take out and took it back to our room. After all that, the food was disappointing - greasy and tasteless. Needless to say, after that we just ate off site.
Overall - nice, well kept hotel, well situated. Service was passable. Just find other places to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLiT Hotels in Delhi, one of the best luxury hotels in Delhi India, stands tall right in the middle of city’s premier business and commercial district – Connaught Place. Being the central luxury business hotel in Delhi, it is located right next to lively shopping centres, office complexes and colourful streets, the hotel is 24 kms from the international airport and just minutes away from government offices, cultural centres and international trade fairgrounds. With the largest room sizes amongst all luxury hotels Delhi, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of 461 five star hotel rooms. The bedrooms are all well tailored to the needs of both a business traveler as well as a vacationer and accompanied by hotels modern amenities and elegant decor. Guests at our luxury hotels, have an option of choosing from a Deluxe Rooms, LaLiT Luxury Rooms and the suites. Serving cuisines from both the world of east and west, The LaLiT, hotels New Delhi offers four fine dining restaurants serving food to suit all types of palate. For those enjoying traditional Oriental food, The Woks serve authentic Oriental food while The Grill serves European food. And if guests want to taste food prepared in the traditional Indian way, we invite them to try our Indian cuisine at Baluchi while our multi-cuisine restaurant and Bar – 24/7 is the best place for guests who enjoy food while also interacting with chefs of the restaurant. At 24/7 guests have an option of choosing variety of food at the buffet or being selective through the elaborate a-la-carte menu. At The LaLiT, luxury hotel Delhi, guests can be at comfort both at work as well as leisure. Ideal for all types of events, The LaLiT New Delhi offers a total of six banquet hall. Guests can organize all types of events with us - from small top-notch corporate events to private party events and from big conference meeting to huge wedding ceremony. Enough to accommodate upto 800 people, hotels' banquet facilities are added advantage amongst all hotels in Delhi. So whether the event is corporate or if it is a planning a wedding at hotels, The LaLiT New Delhi hotels offers just the right kind of banquets and meeting space for the hotels in New Delhi. Other world class hotel facilities at this 5 star luxury hotels Delhi include 24 hour Business Centre, Hotels Concierge Desk, Foreign Exchange, Limousine Service, 24 hour In-room Dining, Laundry Service, Valet Car Parking, Shopping Arcade, Doctor on Call, Rejuve – The Spa and a well equipped Gymnasium so that the business traveler feels more productive and rejuvenated. At Connaught Place, the center of the city - is The LaLiT New Delhi - an 18 story edifice with easy access to the city’s commercial complexes, conference centers, shopping hubs and historic sights. Wonderful interiors, immaculate service and fine cuisine combine to make The LaiLiT New Delhi is an eventful address of the city. Amongst other five star hotels Delhi this luxury hotel is within close proximity to historical landmarks like India Gate, Jama Masjid and Red Fort. Located at the city center, The Lalit New Delhi is just 35 minute drive from the airport and is merely 5 minute from the railway station. The city is well connected through air and rail links apart from two of the national highways which connect New Delhi to all the major cities in the country. The Hotel is also 10 minute drive from the trade fair ground and merely 15 minute drive from several embassies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lalit New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Lalit New Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit Delhi
- The Lalit Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel The Lalit New Delhi
- Lalit Intercontinental Hotel
- Lalit Hotels Delhi
- Intercontinental Lalit Hotel
- Intercontinental Grand New Delhi