“Horrible staff - Bad service”
Review of Eros Hotel

Eros Hotel
Ranked #29 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I want to narrate a few bad incidences within 2 hours of my checking in to this hotel. I am a frequent traveller due to my work profile and live out of suitcase. 1. This hotel is the only hotel in India that refused to accept PAN card issued by Government of India as proof of identity. The reception staff insisted on my driving licence which I produced. Even after that I was asked to offer my visiting card. 2. I settled in the room and placed order for dinner. The lady in the room service department had a note of sarcasm in her voice. When I inquired whether a certain paneer dish was vegetarian or not; she responded "obviously because it is made of paneer" 3. They botched up my room service. When I informed the waiter that he had brought certain item which I had not ordered; he used my room phone to argue with the room service lady and them informed me that the lady insists that I had ordered that very dish. He also expected me to speak with the room service deptt to resolve the issue. 4. I noticed cockroach hovering around my dinner plate just when I was turning in for bed. Avoid this one of you can!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank dev541970
Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here as a family of 4, en route from Srinagar home. It was an overnight stay. The stay was exceptional from check in to checkout. When we were checked into the room, the staff suggested that we get an extra bed. When we concurred, it was in the room in under 5 minutes. (gratis I must add). My 2 small children were tired of the Heat of Delhi when we checked in (3.00 pm). Fortunately we had opted for an Executive level room. We went upstairs to the lounge and had sodas and some appetizers (sufficed for lunch for all of us). The concierge spent over 1/2 hour woith us trying to figure out with us the most expeditious ways to get from the hotel to the several stops that we had planned, including taking the metro (to save time) and planning our route very carefully so that we would avoid hte horrific traffic of Delhi. After some shopping, we returned to the lounge and were treated to appetizers and cocktails (adults only of course). Since our international flight was at 8.00 am, we needed to leave for the airport early. The Lounge staff very kindly suggested and then arranged to have a packed breakfast for us the next morning to have in the taxi en route to the airport. (4.30 am) Despite our pleas for a simple sandwich or two, they gave us a real care package with muffins fruit etc, which the children loved. Needless to say the room, bathroom other amenities in the room and service overall were superlative to say the least. I would say that if a family were in a similar situation to us (ie. for an overnight stopover) spring for the executive level. Entirely worth every penny and makes travel so much more painless. I know that this hotel is mostly used for business, but I would suggest that it is excellent for families too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SwaziTraveler
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Eros managed by Hilton supposed to be a five star hotel catering to the corporate segment , somehow, could not impress me much in terms of service and staff attitude (During the breakfast time especially). The USP of the hotel is its location which makes it an apple of people's eye and there is no other reason that atleast I could see for which people stay here.

We stayed in room 804 which overlooked the lotus temple & offered a complete view of swimming pool scores six on the scale of ten because of its dull, poor and dated interior.Undoubtedly, housekeeping gets ten on ten because of the prompt and courteous service & so was the case with receptionists.

We went down to the coffeeshop for breakfast but to my surprise the staff there told me that there is no breakfast at all. I looked around and found that the breakfast buffet was set outside the coffeeshop and partial set up for the breakfast was done in Singh Sahib Restaurant. There was no direction either about the breakfast venue being shifted to other restaurant.
The poor guest has to look for the breakfast on his/her own because there is no one to assist!
There was no warmth, staff was busy in their own world & we felt so very unwelcome with this attitude of the staff. I asked a lady attendant for cutlery since there was none placed on the table but she never bothered. Finally I had to get up myself & get the cutlery from adjacent table. The tea took ages to come & we had to remind them thrice.

The swimming pool was the best part & the service near pool side was quite prompt.

All in all just a satisfactory stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AKN02
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Cons first : Dated rooms, dirty bathrooms with old fixtures. The bathtub had developed cracks and was painted at several places.The breakfast venue had been shifted to Singh Sahib restaurant with no indications or signs telling about the change.The service during the breakfast was very slow, probably they wanted to clear the buffet in a rush so as to get the restaurant ready for lunch.

Pros: Cosy beds, room though dated was clean.Staff particularly Front Office and Room service was pleasant and courteous.Swimming pool was the best part about the hotel.The breakfast buffet was elaborate and decent.The rooms on the higher floors offer a great view of the swimming pool and the city line.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aditya07
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was our travel agent's proposal and it turned out to be a very good hotel. The rooms are pretty and warm, the stuff quite helpful and the breakfast rich and tasteful. It has the design of a western hotel and it will definately remind you other Hilton hotels. Also the location is convinient for a tourist. I believe this is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

One of the very good hotels with good staff, specially restaurant staff. Excellent for Business meetings. Rooms are well maintained and clean, good to have a wonderful sleep after a long and continuous business meeting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

a good place to stay, near by to the work location i had in mount kailash. the breakfast was ok could have been better in terms of presentation. it was laid in Sahib singh instead of the usual place, so may be that affected it

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo