“Excellent location for a family”
Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #22 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great location especially when the family are shopaholics.
Staff kind and helpful, and the people at the entrance took time to connect with us.
Breakfast excellent with almost everything that a westerner may want.
On the return leg of our visit we were treated with an upgrade to an executive suite which allowed access to the upper lounge - great surprise.

Just one issue in that if a triple room is booked, it should not be a standard double room, that has to have a bed added to - these beds are often uncomfortable and takes up space. I would have liked a slightly bigger room with a proper extra bed similar to Thai and European hotels.

Otherwise the hotel was perfect for our stay - will book in again when in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the pool on a high floor so that one can see the Qutab Minar. Executiv...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShaneD88
There are newer reviews for Sheraton New Delhi

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again. My family stayed there one night a week ago during a two week vacation in India but it became one of the highlights of the journey. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. The rooms are very well maintained. The executive floor is very convenient and a pleasure in all terms. Pan asian restaurant is a very high quality place with an outstanding service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
BenitaNewDelhi, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

As usual ITC hotels hardly disappoints you... Had a little bit of hiccups during booking, but was solved immediately by the ITC customer care and GM of the hotel. Now that was brilliant . Great location of the hotel, if u r planning to stay south of delhi, this is one of the best places to stay. Big shopping malls around. Great rooms, Great food, efficient service. My parents were taken good care of here. keep its up.. Will continue my patronage with ITC for a long time....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mformalay
BenitaNewDelhi, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Had the wedding ceremony of my son here recently. Guests from 5 continents stayed for three days and were present for the wedding. The arrangements far exceeded our expectations. Staff was outstanding to say the least. Very polite, attentive and trained.
Europeans, Australians, Africans and Americans were equally impressed and have vowed to stay here again.
Can't praise the whole deal especially the food enough

Room Tip: go for pool facing room
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay and hosting your son's wedding at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward your continued visits.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

on Saturday,I visited pan asian @sheraton along with my friend to have lunch,I entered this beautiful hotel and it was really clean and green,As I walked into the lobby I did not exactly where the outlet was located so I saw one of the associates,So i asked her whether she could guide me to the pan Asian Restaurant .Farhana guided me to the outlet and while escorting me to the outlet I asked her to give me a brief info about the hotel.She gave me all the relevant details and I was really amazed as I could see she was really Commited to her job,As we reached Pan asian she introduced us to one of the staff at the outlet,He accordingly seated us comfortably.after the associate at the outlet seated us Farhana politely said please enjoy your meal and have a good day sir/madam.We had ordered for soup,starters and main course,the food was really delicious and served hot,value for money too.Avinash was very kind to us infact he suggested some dishes and we tried them out ,it was really good.After having a Sumptous meal,We decided to have a look at the hotel and I asked the staff whether they could call for Farhana.They said just give us a moment, we contacted Farhana mainly because we were really impressed with her,she was really commited to her job at the hotel,we needed some information about the hotel so she accordingly provided us with all details and made us satisfied.
most important of all was the guest relationship from Farhana and the food service by Avinash that really calls us for repeat visits to Sheraton.

It was a great day at sheraton......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
BenitaNewDelhi, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for dining at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by Farhana and Avinash. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I was in delhi on hotel sheraton on 30th,31st,1st 2014.I book the hotel by seeing review in trip advisor.The hotel is really best choice for family travellers. The rooms are very neat and almost all the facilities are available like cable t.v, hot and cold water in toilet . The best part was that the hotel allow me to early check in as I reached early morning of 30th December . The staff of hotel are very polite. A************** When ever I will go to delhi definitely I will stay at hotel SHERATON

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this place for attending a presentation. The Hotel is near three malls namely DLF Place, MGF Metropolitan mall and another mall. The funniest part is none of these malls are connected to the Hotel. All of these are at a walking distance. The DLF Mall being the closest.

I hadn't asked for airport pickup. Surprisingly I found a person with my name board at the Airport. I couldn't reject the temptation. The hotel coolly charged me Rs 1800/- for the pickup. I asked for a drop to a specified location the next day. Before I took the service, they charged me again Rs 1800/- + Taxes. I could have managed both with Taxis. [ Please note that both times, I didn't avail the service but the hotel kind of forced it on me ]

The rooms are average. The breakfast wasn't spectacular. You need to use the room key to access the elevator. The swiping of the room key doesnt work most of the time in the elevator.. you have to wait for other customers to come in so that you can swipe their card.

The charges are exorbitant. I didn't feel that i was getting value for money. There are much better and value for money hotels in Delhi. This place is a bit on the expensive side for the service and facilities they provide.

Will not repeat the stay.

Room Tip: Please ask specifically what you need. Be careful of hidden and extra service charges.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your constructive feedback. May we request you to please send us details on your stay for us to investigate the reason for the dissonance. You may e-mail me at benita.sharma@itchotels.in. We value your support and look forward to you giving us the opportunity to serve you.