“Excellent service.”

Ranked #24 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Lightwater Uk
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A great location in a residential area this hotel welcomes you like few others. An old world entrance and greeting from the colourfully dressed doorman. Through a brief security screen and the staff welcome you into the grand lobby. The reception staff are charming and efficiently give your room key. I was staying on the 6th floor in one of their executive rooms. The door is opened by pressing the key to the lock, high tech, but this failed during my stay, and I had to wait about 10 minutes for security to come to the floor and let me into my room with a new key. The room is tastefully furnished, but now starting to show its age in its design, and surely not long before an update as the competition is always moving forward. The gym, has everything you need for a good workout, and all machines ate cleaned immediately after you finish.. A special mention to the concierge team, for me the real stars of the hotel, whatever you need they will try and help, my wife's favourite leather bag, sent away and repaired within 12 hours. The staff make you want to come back again and again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the Rectangle 1 building, as major construction work is taking lace and noise...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank garygeorge3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is always a pleasure to come back to this Hotel. The entire staff is groomed to cater to the needs of the customer,with a smile. Be it the fitness centre, housekeeping, the executive lounge or In room dinning, the staff look after your needs with absolute alacrity. And like me, if you visit here regularly, they actually spoil you. One does not feel like going to other Hotels and often you don't mind traveling the extra mile to stay here. Maybe that's their marketing strategy!
Food is great, facilities are wonderful and hygiene is world class.

Room Tip: The front desk will help you. I love the higher floors facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vinod b
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had an outstanding experience at the hotel. We hope that WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi remains your preferred hotel and look forward to your next visit.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early April as this was the preferred hotel for a Sita Golden Triangle tour which commenced on 9 April. Shalini from guest relations in particular was extremely helpful, polite and informative in helping us to find our tour guide and also with other queries. The hotel is only about 20-30 minutes from the International airport. We requested a hotel car for pick up and they were waiting as we came out of arrivals.
The location is excellent with a large shopping precinct close by with 3 different shopping complexes. You have to go out the back gate which is monitored by security staff. In fact all entries are monitored by security and even all luggage is put through a screening machine like in an airport. We were unaware of the high security provided in our hotel but it was handled with politeness and courtesy to all visitors.
Our room was comfortable and looked to the east at the back of the hotel the first 3 nights and then the front for the last night of our tour when we return from Jaipur. This showed the vast differences in housing with office blocks and shanty town, side by side. Currency exchange is available at the desk which is very helpful.
The shopping centres were very modern and clean and I would suggest you go right to the very end of the block of three as you can miss out on some very different shops. Excellent menswear shop called the Shoppers Stop (I think) in the third one with a wide range of clothing. I ate Indian food for the whole time at the hotel as I wanted to ensure I did not get "Delhi Belly", and it was delicious, and they provide western style food also. However, I always try to eat local food when travelling and there was a great variety of freshly cooked Indian meals available at the hotel. We did however have Asian on our last night in the shopping centre food court. Lovely view from the dining room over the pool area and there was an Indian wedding on our last night which was great to view.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aussienomad14
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward your continued visits.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The service we received from this hotel was excellent! The rooms were very clean and neat. It was located close to all services we needed. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive, especially Farana, Shalini and Poonam. Compliments for the exceptional breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really great service, very friendly and efficient staff n food is best. I really want to mention their service again. It was very good. I really recommend this to all my friends and family. It has become our family get together hang out now.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had the unfortunate experience of having to rushed to hospital during my recent stay but the hotel staff could not have been more helpful or concerned for my well-being. Special mention needs to go to Rajesh, Virendra and Kamal-what a team. There can not be a better bunch of guys at any hotel anywhere.
Having said this I do have to say I have stayed at the Taj group of hotels in India and they are better. The buildings are better designed and the food is just as good but not at such stupid prices-guys you cannot charge London prices for food that is not up to London standards. I mean £17.00 for a curry in India when you could buy the same thing {better cooked } just down the road for £4.00.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Staying in this hotel is a MUST for those planning to visit Delhi,if you're looking for a cozy hotel with beyond 5 star service & exceptional breakfast.Compliments to the chefs.These guys take service & cuisine to another level ! The hotel is nicely situated with many good malls around. The rooms are well decorated and clean. The staff member Shalini was extremely helpful, professional, and simply always offering help - many of the 5 Star hotels I have stayed in can learn from her! Special thanks to Shalini! We Will be back defnitely!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family