“Excellent service.”
Review of Sheraton New Delhi

Sheraton New Delhi
Ranked #16 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Well i have stayed in this property quite an number of times and have a reviewed it earlier as well, but this time the review is all about the service that deserved a second review. I checked into the hotel and requested for an upgrade to suit as i had many business associates visiting me and i did want my privacy as well. I was staying for 4 nights and on check in was informed that the suits were occupied. I requested the lady on the front desk ( Niddhi Anand) and she confirmed that nothing was possible, but i still requested her and she went out of her way and accommodated me with a suit the very next day including a very neat transfer of my unpacked bags as well. The behaviour and co-operation i received from her was just amazing, considering the fact that i have been to some of the "The Hotels" around the globe. This property is a very nice one but what makes it special is its staff, their helpfulness and cheerfulness. Thank You Riddhi for your help and definitely would love to stay with you guys again and again.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the higher floor you will get a nice city view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sourajit
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is heartening to note that you loved your stay at our hotel. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward your continued visits.
General Manager - WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I went there after party...its really a very nice place to have food after midnight...virender was there who helped me and explained me about the midnight buffet in ground level outlet... And it was so gud...I will recommend my friends to come there and try other outlets also..thanks to virender

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank anujty

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for dining in Baywatch at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is perfect, nice comfortable rooms, a beautiful swimmingpool. Delhi is a hectic, dirty city and this hotel is a great 'escape' from that. At soon as you come in you feel relaxed. Nice helpfull staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jessica C
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Booked into this hotel for just one night. Warm welcome from the staff in the lobby. Arrived at my room 445 and on opening the door the damp smell hit me. I spoke to front desk about a room change to be told they are full. Kept all my clothes locked in my case as didn't want them stinking too. In this day and age no hotel room should be smelling like this. Rooms are a bit tired and dated. Needs a refurb ....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank uk_guysWestSussex

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi. At the outset we regret your experience with humidity in the room. We have investigated the reason for the high humidity recorded at 65%. The temperature was inadvertently set at 25 degrees centigrade against the 21-22 degrees centigrade standard. We assure of corrective action.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I would like to say a very big thank you to the staff at the Sheraton New Delhi. They are all very attentive and very helpful. I found them to be courteous at all times and willing to provide excellent service with every aspect that one comes to expect from a world class hotel. I travel all over the world as part of my job and it is near impossible to find hotel staff who are more polite and caring than those I have found at this hotel. In particular two staff worthy of special mention are two of the concierge team, their names are Kamil and Krishnan Pradeep. They were very helpful and efficient when I asked them for help. They are both very caring individuals and any requests I made were accepted with a big smile and an obvious genuine willingness to help. They were knowledgeable and found a solution to my request immediately. It is a pleasure to give them such an outstanding accolade and they are an asset to the hotel and the group as a whole, Well done and thank you again.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be very good with good facilities but the Deluxe rooms are better equipped and t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jane H

Reviewed 19 August 2014

1. I did an internet booking at the hotel website and confirmed it with an initial deposit. But when i went for check in, i found my reservation was missing. I was made to wait with my family for almost 45 min to 60 mins before they decided to make an adhoc reservation for me. You would have thought at that time that there would be some graciousness shown by the checkin team by either providing with an upgrade or some other service to show their concern for this delay, but unfortunately none was shown. Guess customer delight is not what they aim for !!!!!. On top of it, no body even thought of sending an escort for the room...

2. While checking out, i was in for another surprise. The luxury tax applied was not on the room rate i was charged but on rack rate which find no mention or reference on the tax invoice. I think this could be termed as unfair practice!!.....?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amit782014
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,
At the outset we sincerely regret for the system error wherein your web based booking with an advance of Rs. 600/- not being received at our reservations and the delay in room allocation. Thank you for your constructive feedback. You have my assurance of corrective action.
Luxury Tax is a state subject and in Delhi the Luxury Tax, unlike most states, is charged on the rack rate. I have sent you the attachment of the law. We look forward to your giving us an opportunity to make amends and re establish our credibility with you.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week beginning of July. While the check in wasn't as smoothly as I expected, the rest largely compensated for that. The rooms are very clean and big. The pool area is lovely and more over quiet (pool isn't deep but nice for a little dip). The spa is something id Absolutely recommend.
The South Indian restaurant is amazing.
I'm definitely coming back here

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank sarahsaxena
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi. Thank you very much for your feedback on Dakshin and we are glad that you liked the food. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.