The Imperial Hotel
US$118
Hotels.com
US$132
US$121
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$278
US$34
Agoda.com
US$88
US$85
Taj Mahal Hotel(New Delhi)
US$215
3,232 results
All reviewsspice routeheritage roomdaniell's tavernwelcome homebeautiful hotelcolonial stylean oasismarble floorsconnaught placeluxury hotelbreakfast buffetindian restaurantspadelhirajatriumemporium
Reviewed 20 April 2014

4th time staying here. Stayed for a week. Its FAR too expensive really compared to other 5* hotels in Delhi but I still love the hotel for its atmosphere of peace and serenity - somehow I am always soothed here and stress melts away. I dont know how they do it but it just feels so quiet and unhurried here even when its busy. The welcome on arrival each time was great when we were in the hotel car but not always so good when we arrived in a taxi or on foot. Clearly the mode of appearance matters a lot. Service was generally very good although rather impersonal and concierge desk can be very busy. We had one or two excellent encounters with staff such as Sanisha from the front desk cashiers and one of the pool attendants who was very efficient and on the ball. We had problems getting the internet one day and the chap who came to the room to sort it out was very quick and helpful. The food and drinks were generally very good in the restaurants and room service and the dal makhani was amazing. The pool is lovely but unheated and was really a little cold - fine once you got going but getting in had to be fast and determined. All the facilities we used were very good. The pillows on the bed were the most comfortable I have ever had. One peeve (apart from cold pool) is that if breakfast is part of your package you apparently cant pay a room service charge to get it delivered to the room but apparently have to pay for the whole breakfast which seems very unfair.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful for your kind appreciation of the hotel’s soothing environment, facilities, staff, food & service. I am deeply apologetic to note your views on the welcome on arrival via taxi or foot and would like to assure you that we welcome all our guests with equal warmth & enthusiasm. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience if you felt otherwise at any instance.

Also, I have noted your disappointment with the charges of breakfast served in room and would like to clarify that the breakfast included in the room package is only the ‘Buffet breakfast’ served in the 1911 restaurant. This is clearly mentioned in the reservation confirmation sent while booking. Breakfast ordered via room service is separate from the buffet breakfast and thus is chargeable.

Your kind words of appreciation for the team members have added to their motivation levels and we do hope for another chance to serve you soon.

Thank you once again for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Walking into the Imperial is just like walking into old colonial British times. The hotel corridors, furniture, paintings on the walls all remind you of this opulent times. The room have also got this feeling of old colonial but all the facilities are modern and perfectly working! It is most definitely worth having a walk around the corridors. The spice route is a wonderful restaurant and the best we have had in our trip around Delhi Agra and Jaipur. The sole was especially stunning and so were the breads. The spa is a haven of quiet. We had the 60 minutes Imperial massage and this ranks amongst one of the best massages I have ever had. Very nice movements, very relaxing yet energising. The hotel is also perfectly located to walk around to Connaught place, get taxi... Absolutely a great choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for your wonderful review of the Imperial and glad that you had a memorable stay. I am especially thankful for your kind appreciation of the hotel's ambience, location, service, facilities & food. I am happy to note that you thoroughly enjoyed the Spa facility and your dinner at the Spice Route and had an overall wonderful stay with us.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

During the last 20 years I liked to come in the hotel and had a lunch or some nice tea. During the past they renovate the rooms. I stayed only once there in 1996, so long time ago. But it has or the hotel breaths still old colonial athmosphere.
Drinking tea or eating a small lunch or high tea on the terrace and writing some cards is super relaxing. I have no idea how the food or dinner is now.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec. Vice President & General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad to note that you have been enjoying our services for the past 20 years and that you find it relaxing to have lunch or tea at The imperial. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The mixture between history, luxury and service makes this one of the finest hotels at which we've ever stayed, and the location is better than any of the other hotels classed in this category. You would stay here if you were looking for a refuge from the chaos of Delhi - not if you were trying to gain exposure to everyday culture. It is an oasis. It is also expensive, but worth the price. Some minor nits: at this price I expect free internet- it is not. Also, the shower drained poorly. The big plus, again, is the service - everyone was extremely friendly!

Room Tip: I didn't see a room I wouldn't stay in:)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read the wonderful review of your recent stay at The Imperial, New Delhi. We thank you for your kind endorsement of the hotel’s high quality facilities and services along with its historic significance. I do regret the inconvenience caused due to the shower and would request for another chance in the near future to be able to serve you. We shall be happy to offer you a room rate inclusive of internet on your next visit. Please write to us directly for the same.

We hope your trip to India was all you wished for and we look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My best friend and I rendez-vous at the Imperial Hotel for a short weekend trip. She has just finished a week of yoga retreat so it was a welcoming site of modern amenities and I was arriving from HK so it was a nice change of scenery from modern to colonial decor.
The front desk were helpful and gave us a lovely room on the second floor. However, during the time of our stay, there was renovation so the smell of paint and dust was overwhelming (and a cruel reminder of the polluted air in HK). The front desk should have said something about the work as I think it was the only courteous thing to do. Also the wifi is spotty and costly. I really wonder why hotels dont just put wifi charge into the room rate.
The concierge deserves a big cheer for arranging a seamless day trip to visit the Taj by private car. The guide that met with me at the historic site was very knowledgeable and energetic. Even though the traffic was horrendous due to monsoon storm on the return, my hotel car driver was professional and delivered me back to the hotel safely.
The Italian restaurant - San Gimiangno was average and wines were very overpriced. We actually enjoyed the cocktails at 1911 and Patiala Peg most. The bartenders are all so professional and charming. The spa is located just next to the hotel and it has good variety of treatments and capable therapists.
Overall, it was a very nice experience at the Imperial and I would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Its a pleasure to note that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your positive comments for the concierge and the bar staff are a source of motivation for the team.

I regret to note that your experience at San Gimignano was less than perfect and offer my sincere apologies for the same. I am also deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the construction work. I do hope that you will not let these incidents influence your perception of The Imperial. I am happy that your overall experience was pleasant and we would love to have another chance for providing even a better experience next time.

We value your patronage & look forward to welcoming you back home soon.